Page 338 of 438 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388 ... LastLast
Results 5,056 to 5,070 of 6568

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Btw, this wasn't a joke, I seriously think Steve would be more endearing if he was a "man of action" that always had an injury or bruise and who should really just spend his days in bed, but he still wants to help out. But yes, it would also be funny.
    Steve in the movie comes out as a driving force, he is brave and courageous who doesn't hesitate to sacrifice himself for others. The big mistake was how they brought him back, they should have made him trapped in some timeless zone, even in the second movie he is the voice of reason to Diana, he realizes that he has to go despite wanting to be with her.

I'd like to see what Rucka would do with characters he has never had to use before.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I'd like to see what Rucka would do with characters he has never had to use before.
    So far what characters hasn't he used before?

I don't have a list, but to my knowledge he has not written Zola. And I believe there are some of the Gods that he has not used.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

While I agree that WWs old rogues need to be used more...I would say...Id want them to also be used more in other DC villain groups (Secret Six, Suicide Squad), and that she needs some new compelling villains. Looking at Batman and how they constantly create new hits that writers keep using...WW needs the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    While I agree that WWs old rogues need to be used more...I would say...Id want them to also be used more in other DC villain groups (Secret Six, Suicide Squad), and that she needs some new compelling villains. Looking at Batman and how they constantly create new hits that writers keep using...WW needs the same.
    How many great new Bat-villains have they actually made? Court of the Owls, BMWL, and Punchline (whose pretty much just Harley) are the only ones from the past decade and you'd have to go back to like Bane or Hush if you want to count the 90s/early 2000s as "new".

I agree that Wonder Woman also needs new villains, but the key thing is that these villains have to expand her lore to highlight her unique qualities. We don't need another evil Wonder Woman, or an evil god.

The Steve Orlando run convinced me that the Dark Fates were actually a good idea. But we need even more unique villains that feel unlike any other DC villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    How many great new Bat-villains have they actually made? Court of the Owls, BMWL, and Punchline (whose pretty much just Harley) are the only ones from the past decade and you'd have to go back to like Bane or Hush if you want to count the 90s/early 2000s as "new".
    And they have made their impact in the great batman lore. 3 in the past decade are pretty big. 2 of WWs more relevant new baddies that are still around and used on a consistent basis werent even created in her book (Grail/Lord). A lot of her "newer" villains are one arc and done which is both a problem for the character and writers refusing to really ingrain them into her lore properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    And they have made their impact in the great batman lore. 3 in the past decade are pretty big. 2 of WWs more relevant new baddies that are still around and used on a consistent basis werent even created in her book (Grail/Lord). A lot of her "newer" villains are one arc and done which is both a problem for the character and writers refusing to really ingrain them into her lore properly.
    Yes, if you want to develop the newer villains created in the past few years than that's fine but asking for even more new ones and barely doing anything with the existing ones than that's just continuing the same problem every new creative team does when coming on to the WW title. Batman actually has enough status quo consistency you can get away with a new villain that'd be potentially interesting, WW does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I agree that Wonder Woman also needs new villains, but the key thing is that these villains have to expand her lore to highlight her unique qualities. We don't need another evil Wonder Woman, or an evil god.

The Steve Orlando run convinced me that the Dark Fates were actually a good idea. But we need even more unique villains that feel unlike any other DC villain.
    Yeah, new ideas can be very very good.

Aren't the Amazons immortal? Do they need to reproduce?

Aren't the Amazons immortal? Do they need to reproduce?
    They dont age but they do die in battle. The Well of Souls serves a way to replenish their forces.

Meaning, as I understand it, they don't necessarily need love interests.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

WW better stay dead after the events of jl 75. Let somebody else get treated like garbage for a change.

Meaning, as I understand it, they don't necessarily need love interests.
    People form relationships for reasons other than reproduction.