Page 339 of 440 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 6590

So Joelle Jones is being accused of plagiarism

https://mobile.twitter.com/samuli47/...75965533986819

I honestly think she was just heavily inspired
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-06-2022 at 01:01 PM.

Even if Wonder Woman is supposed to be mostly pure, it would be interesting to show the Amazons as deeply flawed.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Even if Wonder Woman is supposed to be mostly pure, it would be interesting to show the Amazons as deeply flawed.
    You mean like what Azz did a while back?

Sure, why not.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Being a mary sue is boring so im fine with the Amazons and Diana having flaws as they should. Even the goddesses who helped breathe life into her weren't perfect.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Wanna talk controversial opinions? Azzarello's run is one of the only three WW runs I've really enjoyed post-Crisis. The other one's are Rucka's first go around and Heinberg's all too brief tenure (which I'm sure is every bit as controversial an opinion as it was the first time).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Being a mary sue is boring so im fine with the Amazons and Diana having flaws as they should. Even the goddesses who helped breathe life into her weren't perfect.
    What type of flaws should Diana have?

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Wanna talk controversial opinions? Azzarello's run is one of the only three WW runs I've really enjoyed post-Crisis. The other one's are Rucka's first go around and Heinberg's all too brief tenure (which I'm sure is every bit as controversial an opinion as it was the first time).
    Which runs have you read, if I may ask?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Which runs have you read, if I may ask?
    Mostly dipped my toe in and out of runs like Perez's, Messner-Loeb's, Byrne's (close, but no cigar), Jimenez's (really not a fan of that one), Simone (also close), Rucka's second run (something about it didn't hit with me like his first run). I'm sure I'm missing a few (like the current run), but while occasionally it was the directions, it was the characterizations that put me off for the most part.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Sure, why not.
    Characters can be flawed without being turned into rapists and murderers. WW mythology is meant to subvert the notion that a society of all women would be one full of mindless killers. Turning them into killers/murderers would be just as flawed as depicting them as flawless good guys who get along perfectly.

Ironically, most of the criticisms of Rucka, Perez and Jiminez's Diana are far more applicable to Azzarello's version.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-08-2022 at 11:19 PM.

Sure, why not.
    So we want the pirate killing amazons back that killed their sons?

So we want the pirate killing amazons back that killed their sons?
    Ugh. I don't.
    I don't want any of Azz's WW run.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Ugh. I don't.
    I don't want any of Azz's WW run.
    The amazons and their paradise or version of it doesn't have to be perfect, but then Azz does the rapist pirate shtick and he pretty much ruins/sours the run for most fans.

I can't think of many people that liked the rapist pirate murder stuff. Of course, there are exceptions to this rule, but not many.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Characters can be flawed without being turned into rapists and murderers. WW mythology is meant to subvert the notion that a society of all women would be one full of mindless killers. Turning them into killers/murderers would be just as flawed as depicting them as flawless good guys who get along perfectly.
    To be sure. Arrogance, pride, a tendency to over or under estimate their opponents, and sundry other character flaws. Which are much more interesting to base stories around than physical powers, IMO. Any character flaw could apply, though I'd be careful about applying one flaw across a broad range of people; each Amazon who plays a role in a story should if possible have their own character, complete with flaws and virtues.