Page 340 of 440 FirstFirst ... 240290330336337338339340341342343344350390 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Mostly dipped my toe in and out of runs like Perez's, Messner-Loeb's, Byrne's (close, but no cigar), Jimenez's (really not a fan of that one), Simone (also close), Rucka's second run (something about it didn't hit with me like his first run). I'm sure I'm missing a few (like the current run), but while occasionally it was the directions, it was the characterizations that put me off for the most part.
    I think William Messner-Loebs actually had the best modern characterization of Diana, but that's controversial.

Anyway, you should check out the Steve Orlando issues if you haven't. They won't blow your mind, but they have interesting plots, good characterization, action, and always introduce cool concepts.

I would recommend Wonder Woman volume 5 issue #51, #73 and the Annual 4 (2020). He had plenty of other good stories if you are interested in more recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Ironically, most of the criticisms of Rucka, Perez and Jiminez's Diana are far more applicable to Azzarello's version.
    What criticisms are we talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    So we want the pirate killing amazons back that killed their sons?
    Like it or not that stuff is going to be somewhere in the lore.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Let that stuff be part of elseworld stories.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Wonder Woman will continue to be treated badly by DC. Her villains will still be jobbers. The new editor doesn't really care and nothing will change.

Brick wall...meet my head.

Extraordinary Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think William Messner-Loebs actually had the best modern characterization of Diana, but that's controversial.

Anyway, you should check out the Steve Orlando issues if you haven't. They won't blow your mind, but they have interesting plots, good characterization, action, and always introduce cool concepts.

I would recommend Wonder Woman volume 5 issue #51, #73 and the Annual 4 (2020). He had plenty of other good stories if you are interested in more recommendations.
    Thanks! Maybe I'll give those a whirl.

Oh, and I also liked Dini's take in Spirit of Truth and Morrison's Earth One series of OGN's, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What criticisms are we talking about?
    For me, anyway, I'm not really sure it matters. While I absolutely LOVED Perez's Titans run, his WW run has always left me cold and probably always will.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Didn't they retcon most of the nu52 with respect to Diana out anyways? It would make the rapist pirate murderers a moot point anyways!

Extraordinary Member

Didn't they retcon most of the nu52 with respect to Diana out anyways?
    I'm vaguely certain they did. But considering I've always gone by my own head canon since COIE (with alternate timelines and everything!), this is absolutely fine by me. The original stories will always be there for me to enjoy.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Let that stuff be part of elseworld stories.
    Y-yeah? What’s…wrong with that?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's place in the lore is pretty much isolated to a 5 year period out of a character who has existed since 1941, and even the fans of that era didn't mind losing that bit.

Not worth bringing back or focusing on. Unfortunately, Daddy Zeus continues to haunt us.

Extraordinary Member

Y-yeah? What’s…wrong with that?
    Absolutely nothing as far as I'm concerned. Lord knows most of the in continuity stories since COIE haven't done much for me. Same for Superman, unfortunately.

Didn't they retcon most of the nu52 with respect to Diana out anyways? It would make the rapist pirate murderers a moot point anyways!
    Who cares what they retcon?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Wonder Woman will continue to be treated badly by DC. Her villains will still be jobbers. The new editor doesn't really care and nothing will change.
    Do not fall to despair, my Sister! So long as one Amazon draws breath, the tide of battle may be turned!

Usually as rival sister tribes like the Bana Mighdall. Not the actual Amazons of Themyscira themselves.

They just don't mention it and skirt around it instead.

Who cares what they retcon?
    You kind of seem to care. This is a weird question to ask.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-12-2022 at 12:44 AM.