Page 342 of 440 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    And it will end up going away just as quickly.
    As will a great deal many things, what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Its never the only thing to talk about unless someone didnt watch/read what they are commenting on. What did they like about the issue, what part of her fight didn't they like, how would they have liked to see the writers change it?

Just jumping straight to "she's weak" "she's always jobbed" "she'll probably be disrespected in said adaption" "this team sucks because they had Diana get beaten"

That's not a discussion imo.
    I agree that that isn't a start of a discussion, however we also have eyes, we can see exactly what she is doing in the scan or image. And when something like this is so common, writing a full play by play of every action scene isn't worth it. "Diana jobbed" is not an inaccurate statement most of the time.

Take the recent Cheetah vs Catwoman fight. Shall I analyze every move the characters make in the choreography or just recognize that it was a pathetic showing because we know that Cheetah vs Catwoman would go about as well as Omniman vs a human being?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    As will a great deal many things, what's your point?
    Ok, tell me, what do you like about the Nu52 bronze age, barbarian, child trafficking, rapist, man-hating, backwards thinking amazons and daddy Zeus that you feel like it should stay permanently? I'm not understanding your position here.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post

Take the recent Cheetah vs Catwoman fight. Shall I analyze every move the characters make in the choreography or just recognize that it was a pathetic showing because we know that Cheetah vs Catwoman would go about as well as Omniman vs a human being?
    Commenting on every frame is never needed or expected. Looking at the scene and the characters decions...are. many here see that she got beat and it stops there.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Commenting on every frame is never needed or expected. Looking at the scene and the characters decions...are. many here see that she got beat and it stops there.
    She got beat by a human that without powers or special geae. Was able to physically hit her, hurt her, dodge her and strangle her. You know how that is called? Jobber.

What about the decision the writer made when he chose to have a cursed savage god-killing werecheetah go up against a horny acrobat with a whip?

Losing once doesn’t make a character a laughing stock.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    What about the decision the writer made when he chose to have a cursed savage god-killing werecheetah go up against a horny acrobat with a whip?
    She also went up against Demons and Grundy. She didn't make Cheetah look like a fool. She didn't injure her at all. She had a split second to make her move, catch her off guard, and Cheetah falling to be impaled is what brought her down.

What Greg did is nowhere near her comic apoearances w/Catwoman

Being superhuman isn't always a 100% chance of winning. We have a whole tv show about ordinary joes vs. Super humans.

Nobody ever ssaid it does. Now having the trackrecord that Cheetah gets and WW has been gettig. That is not a good look.

She also went up against Demons and Grundy. She didn't make Cheetah look like a fool. She didn't injure her at all. She had a split second to make her move, catch her off guard, and Cheetah falling to be impaled is what brought her down.

Being superhuman isn't always a 100% chance of winning. We have a whole tv show about ordinary joes vs. Super humans.
    Sure. That's why Cheetah was pushed back by catwoman's kick. She felt that one. That's how she was able to dodge somebody that is supposed to be way faster. Survive a hit from a character that once again was mentioned to fight WW. And oh the best part. Strangled the mighty Cheetah with her whip? Did you see an explanation to how catwoman was able to do all that without super powers? Of course not. Because the writer(very likely subconsciously sexist) didn't care. He just wanted a cat fight.

Extraordinary Member

She also went up against Demons and Grundy.

100% this.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    100% this.
    This what?

Being a super human that is supposed to be strong enough to trade blows with WW and fast enough to tag Flash, losing to a human with no powers and no explanation is very crummy writing. And subconsciously sexist based on what i have seen from this writer.

I watched the fight, I saw Catwoman dodging and reacting to a character who is supposed to be a Flash level speedster with all the strength and durability of Wonder Woman. No amount of good will/benefit of the doubt thinking is going to get me to think critically of a fight that should never have happened.

I'm not speaking strictly in comics; Cheetah has been a laughingstock villain in a bunch of media appearances showing her as an easy to knock out jobber.

You know that The Boys is just a backdrop to talk about capitalism/politics and its interactions within film via Superheroes. The guy the wrote the book never liked superheroes and the comic was edgy for edgy sake. The heroes in that are specifically grounded/weaker too, not even a real comparison.

She hasn't lost just once though, has she?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    This what?

Being a super human that is supposed to be strong enough to trade blows with WW and fast enough to tag Flash, losing to a human with no powers and no explanation is very crummy writing. And subconsciously sexist based on what i have seen from this writer.
    Again, you keep thinking I'm arguing with you about the sexist part. I'm not. What I'm arguing with you about is that character's worth is not solely based on who they can beat.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.