Page 358 of 440 FirstFirst ... 258308348354355356357358359360361362368408 ... LastLast
Results 5,356 to 5,370 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I don't know, you can never have too many. lol
    Ok, Koriand'r we see you...
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    And if a male character is added to the champion of a distant planet where many have studied the psyhic energy that connects us. He mastered the ability to transform his psyhic energy into actual powers like astral projection, "psyhic super strength", empathetic aura and lots of other crazy astrological things. He deals with cosmic crisis of emotional energy, including plagues of depression, tornados powered by suspicion, and monsters fueled by rancor.

Also, one of the few men that dresses in a more revealing manner than Diana, even though he isn’t even a sexual being.
    (He should also be balding)
    He's pretty busy bothering Power Girl every chance Palmiotti and Conner can bring him in. He shares that responsibility with Harley Quinn. Spare Diana, she's been through enough.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Controversial opinion. I think all superman fans that say to like WW, only like her as long as she is eye candy, and never allowed to match their fav farm boy.

Controversial opinion number 2. tom taylor would be an interesting writer for WW, if he isn't allowed to use batman, superman or somebody else's lore in her book. I would pay big to see that man trying to write her solely based on her lore and concepts as a character. Well, actually i would pay big to be at his home while he tries to write that and go crazy having no idea what to do with the title. If he can't use her to say how great bm or sm are, or as the punching bag for another hero. What else could he do? Can you imagine the meltdown? LOL, i would pay big to be there.
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 09-24-2022 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Controversial opinion. I think all superman fans that say to like WW, only like her as long as she is eye candy, and never allowed to match their fav farm boy.
    I like her a ton and I know that's certainly not true of me, so you're already wrong on that front. I do know we differ on what we think of "matching," however, so perhaps that's where you draw the line. But I don't think the implied sexism is a fair thing to throw at Superman fans specifically. There's a lot of crossover between Wonder Woman and Superman fans since a lot of their core appeal has overlap and thus fans tend to like the other if they like one. Not all, mind, but a lot.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He's pretty busy bothering Power Girl every chance Palmiotti and Conner can bring him in. He shares that responsibility with Harley Quinn. Spare Diana, she's been through enough.
    The Palmiotti version of Vartox is a debatious douche.

The original version of Vartox was nothing like that. He was a perceptive, noble, just and open minded knight

Yep.

It's fitting he's one of Connor/Palmiotti's favs as he's about as unentertaining as Harley is.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post

Controversial opinion number 2. tom taylor would be an interesting writer for WW, if he isn't allowed to use batman, superman or somebody else's lore in her book. I would pay big to see that man trying to write her solely based on her lore and concepts as a character. Well, actually i would pay big to be at his home while he tries to write that and go crazy having no idea what to do with the title. If he can't use her to say how great bm or sm are, or as the punching bag for another hero. What else could he do? Can you imagine the meltdown? LOL, i would pay big to be there.
    I mean. How about someone who'd actually be interested in writing a WW book?

Incredible Member

I mean. How about someone who'd actually be interested in writing a WW book?
    I say we gie Wilson another chance. Sometimes a meh run is just that, a meh run, and maybe now she'd hit that sweet spot.

Yep.

It's fitting he's one of Connor/Palmiotti's favs as he's about as unentertaining as Harley is.
    Have you read any of his pre crisis stories?

I feel like if you had you would understand why I think he should be in the Wonderverse

This was a powerful but very noble figure with many themes in common with Wonder Woman.

And absolutely great character and I didn't even post his action scenes!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    I say we gie Wilson another chance. Sometimes a meh run is just that, a meh run, and maybe now she'd hit that sweet spot.
    So long she keeps Ivy away.

Mighty Member

I do know we differ on what we think of "matching," however, so perhaps that's where you draw the line.
    What other definitions of matching are there even, either someone matches someone else or they don't, or what am i missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    What other definitions of matching are there even, either someone matches someone else or they don't, or what am i missing?
    I tend to think of them as... it's like if a body builder fought the heavyweight champion of the world in a boxing ring. I think the bodybuilder might believably have a stronger punch but it really doesn't matter because the other is very goddamn strong and a supremely better fighter. If Clark gets a lucky counter punch or it's a crisis and he's in DC protagonist mode, he may pull off a win but otherwise it's Diana winning every time. I don't think their raw stats have to be 1:1 to be equals. That's an extremely limited look at what each brings to the table.

I think they're equals. They do different stuff and have different strengths and weaknesses, but they have the same worth as heroes and are equal to the tasks presented them. The poster I quoted in particular is notorious for holding that any less than an equal bench press is tantamount to sexism though, since that's the metric they find most important.

Apparently it's because Superman fans are sexist and want Diana simping in a thong.
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-25-2022 at 09:36 AM.
    May we never forget:

Incredible Member

I tend to think of them as... it's like if a body builder fought the heavyweight champion of the world in a boxing ring. I think the bodybuilder might believably have a stronger punch but it really doesn't matter because the other is very goddamn strong and a supremely better fighter. If Clark gets a lucky counter punch or it's a crisis and he's in DC protagonist mode, he may pull off a win but otherwise it's Diana winning every time. I don't think their raw stats have to be 1:1 to be equals. That's an extremely limited look at what each brings to the table.

Apparently it's because Superman fans are sexist and want Diana simping in a thong, though.
    I like your explanation of how they match up. I miiiight be a little generous and say she wins 6-4, but Diana's seen so much of Supes powers, techniques, and understands his psyche. All the empathic understanding, warrior training and wisdom of Athena (or just her own) would make Diana an incredibly inconvenient threat to Supes. Her bracelets make a perfect counter to Supes heat vision, her lasso of truth can channel Hestia's flames and deal with his ice breath, she's up there in speed and her reaction time is exquisite (remember when she fought the JL blindfolded? Or Medusa blinded?), and she packs the requisite strength and tools to hurt him and pierce his skin. Plus, she should be written as very smart and taking advantage of knowledge of Supes to get the upper hand. Honestly, now I want an actual good fight between them that does them both justice!

I don't necessarily think Superman fans are sexist, although subconscious effects are definitely possible, but they just want their guy to be number one. At the very top. No one else can compare or shine a light. He was the "first" therefore the "best". And, to their credit, it's how he's been treated within universe for most of the DC's publishing history, so it's not like they pulled this out of nowhere. I guess, WW fans, myself included, are viscerally sensitive to gender politics and the ramifications of the character's treatment and importance within universe, so when these discussions pop up, the sexist alarms go off. Why can't Diana be just as strong? Why shouldn't Diana fly? Why does she always get relatively ignored compared to Batsy, Supes, Flash and Green Lantern? Why is her mythos always getting effed with and why are her Rogue's Gallery, which primarily consists of women, treated as joke? Not that Supes hasn't had editorial mishandling, but we cannot deny he's been handled with much more care than Diana ever has been, seen in carrying multiple monthlies for decades at time while Diana usually just has her eponymous book. That's why Death Metal was refreshing in that Diana was the "main" hero, even if it had nothing at all to do with her mythos, which just highlights how even when DC tries...it can be better.

So long she keeps Ivy away.
    What's wrong with Poison Ivy?

We need a Geoff Johns-esque creator to roll into the title and really work on and pump up Diana’s villains, similar to how he handle Flash’s Rogues and some Green Lantern and Superman foes.

Someone to do that and dig into her adversaries; alongside Diana, Steve and Etta; would be grand.