Page 365 of 440 FirstFirst ... 265315355361362363364365366367368369375415 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Now that DBZ is a topic of conversation, I think Diana strength level should actually follow the DBZ route when it comes to how her superpowers work. In DBZ, characters use their own energy/Ki to basically give themselves more power (strength, durability, speed...). The more you have, the crazier feats you can pull off, but over the course of a battle it runs out, which means you'll get weaker to longer you fight (and it requires a minimum of concentration, which means you can get caught off-guard by weaker opponents if the gap isn't tremendous). And there's an emotional/spiritual/effort based component with characters "breaking through their limits" if the necessity is big enough.

Say Diana's, uh, divine energy (I guess?) works like that. Then you can have the crazy "lifting the Earth" feats as something she can do exceptionally while not making her completely untouchable because she still gets tired, weaker etc...
    this is a story telling trope people tend to forget in comics. People get tired. You can't use your maximum power without getting tired. So the enormous feats should not be something that the characters can just do whenever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    She gets Burning Justice?
    What's burning justice?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What's burning justice?
    It's what happens if you pursue unsafe crime fighting. I think they make a balm for it, though.
    May we never forget:

Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I find it hilarious that even when someone is agreeing with you still you manage to gripe. It's kind of fascinating
    I'm sorry. But if WW was truly the Xena of the DC. She shouldn't be as bland and as underdeveloped like she has been for the most part in current years. We should have seen her having huge character arcs, world building and be a real epic fighting machine in the battlefield if she was like Xena. Nothing like that actually happens. She is usually lifless these days, with no personality, and her battles are boring and weak. So much for being the ''greatest'' warrior.

What's burning justice?
    Sorry, wrong fandom.

Perez's Vanessa Kapatelis is a better example of "Wonder Girl" than either Donna, Cassie, and Yara despite never actually being one. And by that I mean, she actually was a younger girl character who pal'd around with Diana and unlike the aforementioned three (more so Donna and Cassie, Yara's still a newb), actually had a relationship with Diana that showed both the positives and negatives of it.

Even with the ringer that Perez and later writers Loebs, Jimenez, and Rucka put the character through. Simone's final story from her WW run with Vanessa graduating college and putting her hardships behind her actually makes it one of the more sastisfying arcs for a supporting character.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-22-2022 at 09:06 AM.

Perez's Vanessa Kapatelis is a better example of "Wonder Girl" than either Donna, Cassie, and Yara despite never actually being one. And by that I mean, she actually was a younger girl character who paled around with Diana and unlike the aforementioned three (more so Donna and Cassie, Yara's still a newb), actually had a relationship with Diana that showed both the positives and negatives of it.

Even with the ringer that Perez and later writers Loebs, Jimenez, and Rucka put the character through. Simone's final story from her WW run with Vanessa graduating and putting her hardships behind her actually makes it one of the more sastisfying arcs for a supporting character.
    Agree!
    It is inexplicable that Byrne created Cassie (bah the Sandmarks, bah all his new cast in general) and not give the title of Wonder Girl to Vanessa, it would have been perfect. A tied up Wonder Girl in full communion with Diana.
    Despite de the fact that I always loved Donna before the Crisis, after the COIE and all the mess that was made with her multiple origins, I would have preferred that she cease to exist.

Incredible Member

Perez's Vanessa Kapatelis is a better example of "Wonder Girl" than either Donna, Cassie, and Yara despite never actually being one. And by that I mean, she actually was a younger girl character who paled around with Diana and unlike the aforementioned three (more so Donna and Cassie, Yara's still a newb), actually had a relationship with Diana that showed both the positives and negatives of it.

Even with the ringer that Perez and later writers Loebs, Jimenez, and Rucka put the character through. Simone's final story from her WW run with Vanessa graduating and putting her hardships behind her actually makes it one of the more sastisfying arcs for a supporting character.
    Doesn't help Donna was created to be literally WW, but for Teen Titans; Cassie the "WW equivalent" but for Young Justice because why not and Yara is Wodner Woman Next-Gen for reasons again. None of them were created with the intention of giving them a relationship with Diana.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Considering Cassie was given an arc that lead her to becoming WG, one that was heavily featured in WW, she was going to have a relationship with Diana. She wasn't thrust into superhero life like Donna/Yara were

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    Agree!
    It is inexplicable that Byrne created Cassie (bah the Sandmarks, bah all his new cast in general) and not give the title of Wonder Girl to Vanessa, it would have been perfect. A tied up Wonder Girl in full communion with Diana.
    Despite de the fact that I always loved Donna before the Crisis, after the COIE and all the mess that was made with her multiple origins, I would have preferred that she cease to exist.
    Yes, Cassie's never really escaped the Vanessa K.O. label imo. Doesn't help the main thing people want from her is dating either Superboy or whichever 12-year Batman made Robin this week.

Doesn't help Donna was created to be literally WW, but for Teen Titans; Cassie the "WW equivalent" but for Young Justice because why not and Yara is Wodner Woman Next-Gen for reasons again. None of them were created with the intention of giving them a relationship with Diana.
    Yes, Vanessa actually had the relationship that one would expect of a character who would take the "junior version of main hero" title. It'd be like a Robin whose only relationship with Bruce was they both came from Gotham and that's it.

And yes, they wanted to speedrun Yara of giving her the Wonder Woman title but not actually doing or giving her any meaningful connection to pretty much anything form Diana's history.

Donna was an accident yes but there was also a good 20-ish years for writers do something in between the 60s and Perez's reboot, so it's not really why I get to up in arms over post-Crisis messing up her origin.

Cassie wasn't created for Young Justice. She debuted before that team was even formed.

Incredible Member

Cassie wasn't created for Young Justice. She debuted before that team was even formed.
    I'm not saying she was createxd for that. I'm saying the "WW equivalent" but for Young Justice is how DC mostly sees/has use for her. Admittedly, I should have been more specific with the sidekick thing instead of saying "relationship" as generic.

I know people on twitter are like 'no one cares that there are x amount robins/supermans/spidermans/etc...' and a lot of that is to blame on racist idiots causing a ruckus. But like they really can't give these character's different names, having 3 wondergirls is a problem to me. Even more so knowing how they've been casted aside and mistreated over the decades. In agreeance that Donna frankly shouldn't have been or stayed dead tbh. Between Donna, Cassie, and Yara I really only like Cassie, and was because of her attitude which is gone now and in its stead is batfam wannabe investigator. Yara needs a total rehaul, and Donna.... she was always a Diana clone to me, in every way.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I know people on twitter are like 'no one cares that there are x amount robins/supermans/spidermans/etc...' and a lot of that is to blame on racist idiots causing a ruckus. But like they really can't give these character's different names, having 3 wondergirls is a problem to me. Even more so knowing how they've been casted aside and mistreated over the decades. In agreeance that Donna frankly shouldn't have been or stayed dead tbh. Between Donna, Cassie, and Yara I really only like Cassie, and was because of her attitude which is gone now and in its stead is batfam wannabe investigator. Yara needs a total rehaul, and Donna.... she was always a Diana clone to me, in every way.
    This was the thought I came too when I was going through my post on Vanessa, I honestly can't say I have much of place for either of them when I think of my ideal WW world if I'm being honest.

Like I said, I think Vanessa actually did the "Wonder Girl" concept better even though she wasn't one and I find her interactions with Artemis to be more worthwhile since there's actually a difference in personality.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    For once we agree on something. I hate the sharing of names. I only need one of each, let everyone have their own unique identity both out of costume and in.