Page 376 of 440 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426 ... LastLast
Results 5,626 to 5,640 of 6590

The Hellenders were an interesting yet wasted concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Relating to the previous talk about Diana being a sex-positive character...

Superwoman--as Wonder Woman's Earth-3 opposite--should be an uptight prude who condemns others for expressing themselves or even feeling joy rather than the typically slutty femme fatale she's usually imagined as.

Her design should reflect this...wearing the supervillain equivalent of an unflattering school marm gown instead of a skin-tight dominatrix attire. Nothing seductive or alluring--just a nasty, judgemental scowl.

She can keep the barbed lasso, suiting her as someone who flogs those who disobey.
    I think I agree with this. Seems like a great point

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Oh yeah, the guy who got cursed to be a half-owl creature.
    Yeppers!! That is the one! Those giant eyes disturbed me

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I loved how Byrne used it in the Neron story. One of Artemis' most 'bad @$$" moments

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I loved how Byrne used it in the Neron story. One of Artemis' most 'bad @$$" moments
    I don't remember them being in Byrne's run. Or are we talking about two different things?

I don't remember them being in Byrne's run. Or are we talking about two different things?
    Her teammates were not present, but Artemis was. In the lead up to the final clash with the demon king, Artemis references her affiliation with the group and mentions her skull adornments being of pure silver and perfect for fighting daemons.

Is it controversial to think that Pedro Pascal would have been a fantastic Dr. Psycho? You know how they say three time's the charm? Well, Pascal has been part of Wonder Woman live-action adaptations twice now (Ed Indelicato in the unaired David E. Kelley WW pilot starring Adrianne Palicki, and Max Lord in Wonder Woman 1984); maybe he will finally be in a successful Wonder Woman project if the eventual Wonder Woman solo from the Gunn/Safran team hires him to play Diana's mind-controlling villain (the villain he should have played in WW84, I should add).

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Is it controversial to think that Pedro Pascal would have been a fantastic Dr. Psycho? You know how they say three time's the charm? Well, Pascal has been part of Wonder Woman live-action adaptations twice now (Ed Indelicato in the unaired David E. Kelley WW pilot starring Adrianne Palicki, and Max Lord in Wonder Woman 1984); maybe he will finally be in a successful Wonder Woman project if the eventual Wonder Woman solo from the Gunn/Safran team hires him to play Diana's mind-controlling villain (the villain he should have played in WW84, I should add).
    For some reason, my mind goes to Peter Dinklage or Stephen Dorf for Psycho, especially if it is the really creepy and disturbing looking Marston or Perez styled one

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    It's not controversial for me. I think the only necessary element of Dr. Psycho is his inferiority complex and his expression of that as being a misogynist. So personally I don't care which actor they get to play him so long as they keep that core element.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I'm curious, if Pascal had played Dr. Psycho in WW84, would people have wanted the movie's ending to turn out the same with Diana talking him down? Because I don't see that scene/pay-off working with Dr. Psycho. For better or worse, Pascal's Max was just a pathetic huckster who was in over his head. He wasn't a deliberately malicious character the way Dr. Psycho is or would be.

I don't think you could just swap Max for Psycho and have the same movie with the same ending. Would audiences really want to the finale to be sympathy for the raging misogynist? It would be kind of like how the beginning of Barbara's turn to the dark side was beating up her attempted rapist. It would have to be a different movie or at least a very toned down interpretation of Psycho.

I'm curious, if Pascal had played Dr. Psycho in WW84, would people have wanted the movie's ending to turn out the same with Diana talking him down? Because I don't see that scene/pay-off working with Dr. Psycho. For better or worse, Pascal's Max was just a pathetic huckster who was in over his head. He wasn't a deliberately malicious character the way Dr. Psycho is or would be.

I don't think you could just swap Max for Psycho and have the same movie with the same ending. Would audiences really want to the finale to be sympathy for the raging misogynist? It would be kind of like how the beginning of Barbara's turn to the dark side was beating up her attempted rapist. It would have to be a different movie or at least a very toned down interpretation of Psycho.
    I certainly agree that eliciting sympathy for a mind-raping mysogynist would not be a well-received ending; a different ending would be needed for sure. But a good writer could find a balance between Diana finding compassion in her heart for even people as despicable as Psycho, and the film's overall narrative concocting a punishment that satiates audiences' desire to see villains being punished. I am sure that an imaginative screenwriter could come up with something satisfying that DOES NOT require seeing Diana decapitating Psycho or beating him to a pulp (which is something I bet a lot of people will want).

I imagine they'd downplay or remove anything that makes Dr. Psycho overtly malicious and focus on what makes it easy to sympathize with him like discrimination for his height. DC Rebirth and, to an even greater extent, WW 1984 both rewrote Barbara Minerva to much more pitiable than her pre-Flashpoint incarnation.

League of One and Golden Perfect should have just stories focused on Diana and the Amazons.

The Kapatalis women are among the best supporting characters Diana has ever had.

I prefer Diana with Artemis (whom I'd rename Qamar). Otherwise, I don't care for Diana in any romantic relationship.

If a Wonder Woman character never appeared outside a Wonder Woman title again, I wouldn't care. In fact, I'd probably be very happy.

Ooooo…. I haven’t thought of the Hellenders in a while. In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, I might make them a specialized squad within the ARGUS organization.

Re: Pedro Pascal as Dr Psycho

I don't think Pedro would work as Dr Psycho. He is way too likeable and might lead to something problematic.

I think Morrison was on the right track on Earth One when he envisioned Dr Psycho as a pick up artist/grifter.

If I had to make suggestions, Dr Psycho should start off as a relatively handsome looking dude but has a terrible attitude around women. At the end he is cursed to look like his vision of an 'unmanly man'; scruffy beard, dwarf sized and big head. But he is so far gone that he blames *all women* for his predicament, not realizing that the problem is his attitude, not his appearance or powers or other people.

Hell, I would also throw in a scene akin to the one in Daredevil where Bullseye hallucinates and sees everyone as Daredevil only in Psychos case, he sees everyone as Diana:

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly