Page 388 of 440 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 6592

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    I don't know if this will be a controversial opinion on Gail's part, LOL

By the gods, no.

Jason is definitely one of the characters that makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    By the gods, no.

I could be wrong, but an intense dislike for Jason is possibly one of the very few things everyone on this board agrees with. Right?
    Meh characters: uniting the Wonder Woman fandom since 1942.

If Diana is made to give up on her mission, that arguably says more about the rest of the world than her.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I could be wrong, but an intense dislike for Jason is possibly one of the very few things everyone on this board agrees with. Right?
    Meh characters: uniting the Wonder Woman fandom since 1942.
    I know there’s some posters who like Jason. I’m just not fond of him. Some of the stuff I’m working on definitely retcons his origin.

Every character has a fan or two. I'd guess that something like Finches run being bad would be more "uniting"?

I know there’s some posters who like Jason. I’m just not fond of him. Some of the stuff I’m working on definitely retcons his origin.
    Jason as a son of Zeus and an Amazon is easy enough. The problem is that he was made as Diana's twin brother. That only works if Diana is a demi-goddess.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Jason as a son of Zeus and an Amazon is easy enough. The problem is that he was made as Diana's twin brother. That only works if Diana is a demi-goddess.
    About being the Diana's twin, I have to admit that I prefer Nubia's original origin, I think it's much better and with more potential for the stories, I like the idea of her being Diana's fraternal twin but that she was kidnapped and created by Ares, I think it's a story that has a lot of potential and reminds me of She-Ra.

I wonder if there should be a thread about which origin people prefer for Nubia?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Every character has a fan or two. I'd guess that something like Finches run being bad would be more "uniting"?
    You are right. On that note, I actually have a friend who just came back from South America and brought me a Spanish-language collected edition of some issues in the Finches' WW run and he told me that he loved that run. To each their own, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    You are right. On that note, I actually have a friend who just came back from South America and brought me a Spanish-language collected edition of some issues in the Finches' WW run and he told me that he loved that run. To each their own, obviously.
    It's like with Jinx in Teen Titans. Is the cartoon Jinx a good character? yes... is it the SAME character from the actual comics.... NOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I always figured he could be Diana's brother on Earth 52, with it's messed upon Zeus daddy and icky Amazons. He can stay over there.

Or, he's the brother of a Diana on a world that was destroyed, and somehow he ended up on this Earth. So he's a sort of spiritual brother to our Diana, without all the other crap

But honestly, I'm fine if he just evaporates into forgotten history, along with daddy Zeus .

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    About being the Diana's twin, I have to admit that I prefer Nubia's original origin, I think it's much better and with more potential for the stories, I like the idea of her being Diana's fraternal twin but that she was kidnapped and created by Ares, I think it's a story that has a lot of potential and reminds me of She-Ra.

I wonder if there should be a thread about which origin people prefer for Nubia?
    I think there was a thread a while back, but I'd be curious to see if people's opinions have changed. Seemed like the consensus was pretty split but I do think some people have a particularly strong attachment to the twin origin (especially Black folks who grew up really liking the idea of WW having a twin who looked like them, which I get).

Personally I think the whole "one baby from black clay, one from white clay" thing is just too questionable and outdated to be salvaged, but it's true that she feels way less connected to Diana now, and her power set and origin are no longer particularly unique among the Amazons. I like her new origin though, Stephanie Williams was doing some interesting stuff with her background in the 2nd miniseries but sadly she didn't have enough issues to really dig in.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I always figured he could be Diana's brother on Earth 52, with it's messed upon Zeus daddy and icky Amazons. He can stay over there.

Or, he's the brother of a Diana on a world that was destroyed, and somehow he ended up on this Earth. So he's a sort of spiritual brother to our Diana, without all the other crap

But honestly, I'm fine if he just evaporates into forgotten history, along with daddy Zeus .
    IMO there's really nothing you can do with Jason that you couldn't do MUCH better with Achilles. "Male gods create their own champion to fight Diana but he has a crisis of faith" is a really great, simple idea. With Jason, it's either convoluted ("from the n52 universe") or totally generic ("son of Zeus"). Also the giant elephant mount was the coolest thing ever.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I like the idea of Nubia being Philippus's daughter, so she and Diana can at least be step sisters. Maybe she and Hippolyta sculpted their daughters together and they were given life at the same moment?

Then we can still have the "kidnapped and raised by Ares" origin

Just make Nubia Philippus's daughter and have her be Diana and Donna's stepsister if/when Hippolyta and Philippus get married.

Edit: Too slow on the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post

Personally I think the whole "one baby from black clay, one from white clay" thing is just too questionable and outdated to be salvaged, but it's true that she feels way less connected to Diana now, and her power set and origin are no longer particularly unique among the Amazons....
    Well, they'd just be sculpted from the same clay... One with Diana's features, one with Nubia's. It's not like Diana is clay colored once the Goddesses brought her to life.

The "dark clay/ light clay" thing was just a simple way to explain why the twins were different ethnicities to the kids who read the comics at the time..

It wouldn't be needed today since we're all grown ups.

By the gods, no.

I can't read that without hearing Jade in my head. It's PERFECT