Page 426 of 440 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 6592

Admittedly King incorporating the Wonder Girl's into his story is amazing too, but Rucka did that first in his initial run on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    > I find Greg Rucka's erasure of the New 52 Wonder Woman extremely disrespectful to people who enjoyed the run. If you don't like the direction of a previous run, you can just ignore what you want, but to incorporate a clap-back the meta-narrative into your work strikes me as petty and frankly harms your own story. I was willing to be a good sport when the title released, but I finding myself increasingly more soured when I review that era. I've included a response to my statement and a rebuttal;
    • "Azzarello changed things about Wonder Woman's lore, so his changes were reversed! Stop complaining hypocrite! ": I don't care about changing lore, I prefer the original clay origin story. My issue is it comes across to me like Rucka's gatekeeping what "real" Wonder Woman is. "You liked that story? Well, screw you it never happened, we're going back (except they took the Zeus parentage origin for the movie, so we can't touch that)" If Rucka wanted to write a Wonder Woman story strongly inspired by George Perez's work (and his own original run too) he could have done that without attacking people
    So when Rucka says the previous runs were a lie, it's an attack. But when Azzarello calls Diana's original backstory also a lie and mocks the idea of Amazons having some kind of special purpose and rewrites them as pirates who murder men and sell children into slavery, that's just "changing the lore"?

Also Tom King's run is already better than both of Greg Rucka's runs already btw fams
    Not even close.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Yeah, cry me a river over Azzarello's run being "disrespected" when his take pissed all over the themes of Marston, Perez, Rucka and others. And had a very smug air about it while he was doing it. That's opening yourself up for a rebuttal.

Even King threw shade at Azzarello in this run.

New 52 WW was sold as a reboot and thats what we got. Rebirth wasn't a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It was a reboot though because it created a new continuity, it didn't return to the post Crisis era

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't see how anyone could think that when it was literally called "Rebirth" and started with a new #1.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I don't see how anyone could think that when it was literally called "Rebirth" and started with a new #1.
    Everything started with a new #1 (except Action and Detective I think) it wasn't exclusive to Wonder Woman because of the story.

It was still clearly a reboot, even beyond Azzarello's run. Rebirth Cheetah is completely different from her New 52 counterpart.

Yeah, what Agent Z and Siege said. I don't think New 52 WW has much moral high ground to stand on for Rebirth tossing it aside and taking potshots at it when it did the same thing to previous WW stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It was still clearly a reboot, even beyond Azzarello's run. Rebirth Cheetah is completely different from her New 52 counterpart.
    Most books continued existing storylines with a change in direction. From major books I don't remember another one that was rebooted in Rebirth.

I mean, New 52 Superman was replaced with pre crisis Superman

i find quite funny the "Rucka is worse than Tom King because he disrespected Azzarello, Tom King is the better run, btw!" when Tom King's run ALSO mocks Azzarello in a very open and most retconny-we-can-get way

Also, I'd say it's too early to tell if King's run will be better than Rucka's. It depends on how many issues he will get to write, how the story gets cooked, and all. I don't doubt it will end up being a very good run, but I say there shouldn't be a competition for good Wonder Woman comics. I mean, Rucka and king's fandoms overlap a lot...

Extraordinary Member

Is it weird that I like/liked Rucka, Azzarello (gasp!), and King's runs (although, admittedly, Rucka's second run kind of left me cold, which was disappointing)?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    i find quite funny the "Rucka is worse than Tom King because he disrespected Azzarello, Tom King is the better run, btw!" when Tom King's run ALSO mocks Azzarello in a very open and most retconny-we-can-get way

Also, I'd say it's too early to tell if King's run will be better than Rucka's. It depends on how many issues he will get to write, how the story gets cooked, and all. I don't doubt it will end up being a very good run, but I say there shouldn't be a competition for good Wonder Woman comics. I mean, Rucka and king's fandoms overlap a lot...
    Yep, Kings run is off to a banger of a start, but too early to tell if it will be better than Rucka. The last long run King did was Batman, and the results were....mixed. Although he's already off to a better start here than he was on Batman even in the first half.

Funnily enough, Kings Wonder Woman so far reminds me of a mix between Rucka's first run and Morrison's Batman.

Morrison's Batman? How?