Page 428 of 440 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438 ... LastLast
Results 6,406 to 6,420 of 6590
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I don't think it makes it creepy. As the years went by and she grew older, she started falling in love with Diana in her own twisted way. Its s fairly regular trope

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I don't think it makes it creepy. As the years went by and she grew older, she started falling in love with Diana in her own twisted way. Its s fairly regular trope
    Doesn't make it better.

Then again, I think (hope) it isn't meant to mean romantic love.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It seems like a hamfisted attempt at more lgbtq representation that we didn't really need. It also makes the original Diana/Vanessa sisterhood feel sort of creepy. Though at least Sampere streamlined Silver Swan's costume and got rid of the fringe and spats.

Attachment 137349
    100 % correct, imo.
    I know that the friend-turning-villain and the friend-falling-in-love-with-hero are common tropes, but to me, they feel tired and...meh. Also, why Vanessa again? What's next? She dies, becoming collateral damage in the battle between WW and all the villains, making Diana feel guilty and tormented? Yes, that adds drama and conflict. I still would hate it.
    Speaking of LGBTQ representation, they should bring Bia or Bobby Barnes into the current book. Or continue developing Siggy into the pansexual hottie we all feel he is (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Doesn't make it better.

Then again, I think (hope) it isn't meant to mean romantic love.
    The love she had for Wonder Woman was called an "unrequited desire", which sounds like a very non-platonic kind of love.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

could the amazons be more accepting of a transmen Amazon in their ranks or the idea ? Or including non binary
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 01-30-2024 at 05:50 PM.

I figure magic would be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I figure magic would be involved.
    True I ask because me and my friend was talking about this and they were asking about this and disabled Amazons. Like it's true we don't often see amazons who don't want to be healed having one missing arm or in wheelchairs.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    could the amazons be more accepting of a transmen Amazon in their ranks or the idea ? Or including non binary
    I don't think they would be. They would be accepting of the idea of a transman, but not into their ranks since it isn't a woman. They have after all accepted transwomen such as Bia. For non binary I would imagine it would depend on the "type" (probably not the right wording here) of non binary they are.

Those who felt I exaggerated the damage to the WW design sticking Zeus in it as a Father would do can check out this gushing dialogue. Do note how not only does the revision destroy the primary philosophical intent behind the design but it minimizes COMPLETELY the her being an Amazon or their origin. #MissMe

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Those who felt I exaggerated the damage to the WW design sticking Zeus in it as a Father would do can check out this gushing dialogue. Do note how not only does the revision destroy the primary philosophical intent behind the design but it minimizes COMPLETELY the her being an Amazon or their origin. #MissMe

I think all 100% agree. We talked about it in the general thread initially i think

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post

Yep. This has always been the natural endpoint of the obsession of Diana not having a father and making it Zeus.

Starts off just as just giving her father and ends with just about everything meaningful/iconic about her coming "from her father's side of the family".

Would not be surprised if DC eventually makes a version of WW who has no connection to Hippolyta or the Amazons at all, and just makes her a child of Zeus who lived on Olympus.
    Last edited by Gaius; 02-01-2024 at 02:52 PM.

Picking on Suicide Squad is low hanging fruit. I don't think anyone likes ANY of the choices they've made with that game.

I've seen people suggest Barbara Minerva should be fully redeemed at this point, but what about bringing back Priscilla Rich and have her be the villainous Cheetah in her absence?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I've seen people suggest Barbara Minerva should be fully redeemed at this point, but what about bringing back Priscilla Rich and have her be the villainous Cheetah in her absence?
    GOD NO! I'm sick and tired of every female villain (especially DC) becoming anti-heroes/villain or heroes when they get a somewhat sympathetic backstory and/or become popular. Let women be evil, let women be psychopaths!

But to answer your question if they do that then yes I would hope so. A Cheetah should always be a villain.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

No redemption for Barbara. Rucka may have wrote her with a sympathetic origin, but I think he and Orlando depicted her as a tragic monster not destined for a happy ending.

Diana wanting to reform her just adds a tragic flaw to Diana. Barbara is a toxic friend who she can't let go, it exploits her compassion and love as a weakness.