Page 49 of 440 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast

Wonder Woman should have the stars on her costume, I like them.

I dislike Earth One for tons of reasons, but I really liked the art and design for Diana and the Amazons.

Here's controversy...

What if Steve Trevor, aside from being an ARGUS agent, worked for Wonder Woman? What if, in addition to being attracted to her and her to him, he, Etta and two or three other characters were knighted and foresworn agents of Diana, as Princess of the Amazons? As with the Order of the Garter?

He could still be written as headstrong, stubborn and fiercely independent, and helplessly falling into swift, passionate exchanges with Wonder Woman. They may differ irreconcilably on approaches to fighting the good fight, while both explore mutual attraction, ..with Steve recognizing her as his commander. The conflict - Steve's struggle not to completely submit his will to hers AND his vocalization of that inner conflict in dialogue ..could be very interesting. Why not?

I'm tired of this Steve and Diana playing at being equals, because it's boring. Fulfill the Marstonian vision of loving submission to Wonder Woman's power, starting with Steve recognizing her, as his divinely appointed leader on the battlefield.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-15-2019 at 05:15 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

The Amazons I don’t think do knighting. Also Marston’s has shown Steve save Diana without her help multiple times. So they aren’t equal but he is still useful. Diana also works with the military. I dislike that because it shows us Diana can’t be independent either. Which is why I do feel Diana show have her own job or be young enough to be in Marston University. Which is in Gateway City which it has a mix of humans,aliens, gods and mythical creatures. I want her to not be on military payroll. Much like Perez have someone like Myndai help her get the money. I want Diana to get her own money. Won’t Steve make sense to be in the military?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    The Amazons I don’t think do knighting. Also Marston’s has shown Steve save Diana without her help multiple times. So they aren’t equal but he is still useful. Diana also works with the military. I dislike that because it shows us Diana can’t be independent either. Which is why I do feel Diana show have her own job or be young enough to be in Marston University. Which is in Gateway City which it has a mix of humans,aliens, gods and mythical creatures. I want her to not be on military payroll. Much like Perez have someone like Myndai help her get the money. I want Diana to get her own money. Won’t Steve make sense to be in the military?
    That Gateway City idea sounds like it would be hilarious with cool shenanigans happening all the time. Though may I ask why you added Aliens? There is more Aliens or sci-fi stuff in DCU than fantasy elements and I figured metropolis would be where all the aliens hangout.

Also what kind of God's would be chilling out here I wonder. Would it just be Greek Gods or Gods from all over American Gods style?

Why I added Aliens was due to the fact a few of Diana's enemies happened to be Aliens. So yea. I honestly would have it be someone like Athena would be in charge of Marston University or police. I happened to like the idea of the Greek gods being celebrities of sorts. Or at least popular. Hera famous wedding planner and if you want to get pregnant go to her. Aphrodite maybe sex therapist. I rather like the idea that they aren't just always in Olympus but multiple different areas. A few of her villains I already have living there. One being Circe and the other being Cheetah. Than agan my other idea for Cheetah is due to the fact she wants to have power and giving her Archaeologist background. Maybe actually have her spend time trying to get into the temple of Mafdet to get the power of the cheetah.

I don't know what do you guys think about Diana in a sense being 18 and going to Marston University? I already had the idea of her dorming with the Holiday Girls. Due to their lives being in Gateway they are excited about Diana. She teaches them defend and fighting and they teach her about Gateway. In terms of legal status. It's simple Gateway links throughout many areas of the world and dimensions. So Diana literally is a citizen in where she choices.

In terms of Steve Military training. I don't know if I want him to be Gateway City rather think he should not be exposed to this yet
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 07-15-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Boisterously Confused

I don't know what do you guys think about Diana in a sense being 18 and going to Marston University? I already had the idea of her dorming with the Holiday Girls. Due to their lives being in Gateway they are excited about Diana. She teaches them defend and fighting and they teach her about Gateway. In terms of legal status. It's simple Gateway links throughout many areas of the world and dimensions. So Diana literally is a citizen in where she choices.
    I think we have enough Wonder Girls already. I could see her being associated with Marston University, maybe even taking classes there (lots of older students attend college these days), but I prefer my Wonder Woman full grown.

I mean generally Diana is 18 to early 20s. She has to find her own living areas. So I wouldn't mind if she lived with Vanessa. Much like Perez's origin her mother was blessed. However, I would like the idea of the Amazons remember her adopted mother

Steve should sprout wings (thanks to Circe), so Diana calls him "Angel" instead from now on.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Steve should sprout wings (thanks to Circe), so Diana calls him "Angel" instead from now on.
    Nifty, but maybe too on-the-nose.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Nifty, but maybe too on-the-nose.
    My tongue was firmly in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Here's controversy...

What if Steve Trevor, aside from being an ARGUS agent, worked for Wonder Woman? What if, in addition to being attracted to her and her to him, he, Etta and two or three other characters were knighted and foresworn agents of Diana, as Princess of the Amazons? As with the Order of the Garter?

He could still be written as headstrong, stubborn and fiercely independent, and helplessly falling into swift, passionate exchanges with Wonder Woman. They may differ irreconcilably on approaches to fighting the good fight, while both explore mutual attraction, ..with Steve recognizing her as his commander. The conflict - Steve's struggle not to completely submit his will to hers AND his vocalization of that inner conflict in dialogue ..could be very interesting. Why not?

I'm tired of this Steve and Diana playing at being equals, because it's boring. Fulfill the Marstonian vision of loving submission to Wonder Woman's power, starting with Steve recognizing her, as his divinely appointed leader on the battlefield.
    Yeah, my problem is with the knighting, although that can be easily reworded. I am a fan, however, of the submission. Generally though, I'm not too bothered with keeping them equals as I think Wonder Woman doesn't mind perceiving themselves that way. But, again, the whole submission thing could be interesting to explore in more ways than what has been done so far.

Overall though it's a neat idea!

Knighted? Uh, that's more a Medieval European thing than Antiquities thing. It just doesn't seem like it would fit with Amazonian custom. At all.

The best way is the Amazons give Steve the first man to be a amazon. Even if it's honorary amazon. honestly with everything. Would it really be bad if Diana learned something from Steve and exchanged Diana teaches Steve Amazonian fighting? I feel since Amazonian training is also mental it should be hard for anyone to get it. But Steve should be a natural at it. By that despite the hardships it goes at it like a pro

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Yeah, my problem is with the knighting, although that can be easily reworded. I am a fan, however, of the submission. Generally though, I'm not too bothered with keeping them equals as I think Wonder Woman doesn't mind perceiving themselves that way. But, again, the whole submission thing could be interesting to explore in more ways than what has been done so far.

Overall though it's a neat idea!
    The knighthood thing is mutable. It needn't be knighthood, in the Northern European sense, but, the idea of binding Diana's friends together, in service to her cause, ..as their royal princess and commander in battle. In this service, would Steve Trevor be one of four or five of Diana's chosen companions, each with special skills, useful in WW stories - fighting, weapons, knowledge of magic, tech skills, Amazon training, etcetera.

Among Trevor's select skills would be ..the obvious. Woo'woo!

Superman and Lois, while enamored of each other, aren't equal partners on the battlefield, where Lois is clearly outclassed. Why should Diana and Steve be partners, just because she is a woman? He's nowhere near operating on her level, and what they do to each other in the bedroom has nothing to do with that.

Anyway...Steve working for or under Diana, anyone? What if Steve, while wanting to completely give-in, was the one resisting loving submission to Diana, instead of the other way around?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Here's one: "Loving submission" is a concept that is too ill-defined and wrapped up Marston's rather troubling philosophies to not be applied in a way that isn't at least potentially offensive.