Page 6 of 437 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I rather enjoyed her black panther partner when she visited Ballesteros old lair to get the information to help with Vanessa's recovery.
    And that's what's so great about Rucka, he understands WW and her powers better than most writers and shows them off in memorable ways. He also shows constant respect to Perez. They both knew how to present her in a way that's commercially viable yet doesn't alienate her fans. That's a difficult road to walk, but I think Steve Orlando knows the way too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    And that's what's so great about Rucka, he understands WW and her powers better than most writers and shows them off in memorable ways. He also shows constant respect to Perez. They both knew how to present her in a way that's commercially viable yet doesn't alienate her fans. That's a difficult road to walk, but I think Steve Orlando knows the way too.
    True. Although some parts of ruka's second run could have been better. For example his first run had Diana dealing with speeding bullets even while being blind. So seeing her getting tagged in his second run was a bad moment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    True. Although some parts of ruka's second run could have been better. For example his first run had Diana dealing with speeding bullets even while being blind. So seeing her getting tagged in his second run was a bad moment for me.
    Not for me, I saw it as another instance of him understanding her powers. He also understands how essential bullets and bracelets is to her mythology and that it wouldn't be if she were bullet proof.

BANNED

Not for me, I saw it as another instance of him understanding her powers. He also understands how essential bullets and bracelets is to her mythology and that it wouldn't be if she were bullet proof.
    I think he wanted to show she isn't bullet proof.But it could have been done better. She shouldn't fail to react to bullets. Also her bracelets can always be useful.Even if she is bullet proof. There will always be many oportunities for the bracelets to shine. She can even block bullets if she wants to while being bullet proof. We already know she can even tank a shot to the head based on her healing factor. So it's not like a real weakness anyway.

I think he wanted to show she isn't bullet proof.But it could have been done better. She shouldn't fail to react to bullets. Also her bracelets can always be useful.Even if she is bullet proof. There will always be many oportunities for the bracelets to shine. She can even block bullets if she wants to while being bullet proof. We already know she can even tank a shot to the head based on her healing factor. So it's not like a real weakness anyway.
    She got shot in the back while using her arms to rip apart a truck. Then she kept right on fighting but due to her weakened condition was hit more times and powered through until she won. I thought it was a good feat that showed her strengths, vulnerabilities and durability while at the same time providing suspense, because now the reader knew she wasn't bullet proof and her head was in the cross-hairs more than once, but those bullets she blocked. That's the whole point of her not being invulnerable, suspense.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BANNED

She got shot in the back while using her arms to rip apart a truck. Then she kept right on fighting but due to her weakened condition was hit more times and powered through until she won. I thought it was a good feat that showed her strengths, vulnerabilities and durability while at the same time providing suspense, because now the reader knew she wasn't bullet proof and her head was in the cross-hairs more than once, but those bullets she blocked. That's the whole point of her not being invulnerable, suspense.
    I guess, although you can add suspense in other ways. Still don't like it that much. Since she always takes attacks far more powerful than bullets. I still think it could have been better executed.

I guess, although you can add suspense in other ways. Still don't like it that much. Since she always takes attacks far more powerful than bullets. I still think it could have been better executed.
    Yeah, she can take a punch from a Kryptonian, how are ordinary bullets more dangerous?
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I really want Wonder Woman to have a pet tiger like she originally was going to have in the movie before Michelle Mclaren left the project. It would be a cooler choice than than a Kangroo.
    Don't some versions have an actual super-power for communicating with animals? Though that adds an interesting dimension to her relationship with Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, she can take a punch from a Kryptonian, how are ordinary bullets more dangerous?Don't some versions have an actual super-power for communicating with animals? Though that adds an interesting dimension to her relationship with Cheetah.
    It's the way her powers work. She's resistant to blunt force trauma (like a punch from a Kryptonian) but not piercing and bladed weapons. She also has the unity with beasts power that enables her to communicate with animals that's rarely used.

It looks to me that both Diana and Superman got downgraded powerwise post Flashpoint/New 52 across the board.

Hmmm I wouldn't say Orlando knows that way as good as Rucka only because his run was too filled with old references that only old fans would get (and probably that's an unpopular opinion as well). His single issue was the only good thing for me, even though the art and his view for the characters of Diana and Artemis were on point afterwards.
    Last edited by Joao; 01-24-2019 at 11:55 AM.

It's the way her powers work. She's resistant to blunt force trauma (like a punch from a Kryptonian) but not piercing and bladed weapons. She also has the unity with beasts power that enables her to communicate with animals that's rarely used.
    But again, there are constant inconsistencies. She can block a rocket or a grenade and take a nuke to the face without a single piece of shrapnel causing her any issue. She gets shot in Rucka's run, gets right back up. A few months later, she gets hit by a ricochet off of Superman's chest and is in critical condition.

It can be very frustrating, and in the 45 or so years I've been reading comics (WW and a WW JLA book were my first), the way she's been handled has never really made any sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    But again, there are constant inconsistencies. She can block a rocket or a grenade and take a nuke to the face without a single piece of shrapnel causing her any issue. She gets shot in Rucka's run, gets right back up. A few months later, she gets hit by a ricochet off of Superman's chest and is in critical condition.

It can be very frustrating, and in the 45 or so years I've been reading comics (WW and a WW JLA book were my first), the way she's been handled has never really made any sense.
    Inconsistencies happen with all characters. I don't like the bullets vulnerability. But since she has an origin rooted in magic, they can go with the achilles heel approach. Bullets can affect her more, but her durability against everything else is stronger. Don't pay attention to that jl issue writen by priest. He is the guy that used to say about her, i don't relate to white women in tiaras talking big talk. In Rebirth we have seen her getting shot in the chest, abdomen in Ruka's run. And in the head in Metal. And she was fine and kept fighting because her healing factor alone is good enough for that.

Inconsistencies happen with all characters. I don't like the bullets vulnerability. But since she has an origin rooted in magic, they can go with the achilles heel approach. Bullets can affect her more, but her durability against everything else is stronger. Don't pay attention to that jl issue writen by priest. He is the guy that used to say about her, i don't relate to white women in tiaras talking big talk. In Rebirth we have seen her getting shot in the chest, abdomen in Ruka's run. And in the head in Metal. And she was fine and kept fighting because her healing factor alone is good enough for that.
    But why is it bullet's that are the achilles heel? And is it really a good idea to give her one that's so commonplace?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    But why is it bullet's that are the achilles heel? And is it really a good idea to give her one that's so commonplace?
    That was the point I didn't make as well as I wanted - all of the 'common' weaknesses (yellow for GL, being out of water for Aquaman) were removed because they were stupid.

I'm not saying Diana shouldn't have any weaknesses, but a common, every day gun that someone can pick up at Walmart is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post

That's funny, it makes perfect sense to me, because of magic.