Page 66 of 440 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I don't think I like the idea of other kids on the island - like, specifically because how would they get there?
    I agree with you. If there are any other kids - at least, not clay-made ones - that opens up the issue of why those particular children were saved and others ignored.

I don't think I like the idea of other kids on the island - like, specifically because how would they get there?
    Artificial creation. Children lost at seas winding up on Themyscira's shores assuming Themyscira is still within "our" reality.

Depends on when. Having Diana grow up with other kids is an easily solved problem (just have some of the Amazons bringing children or being pregnant as they arrive on Themyscira).

Having kids there in the "hidden" period is trickier, but it's not something I view as particularly needful from a setting standpoint.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Depends on when. Having Diana grow up with other kids is an easily solved problem (just have some of the Amazons bringing children or being pregnant as they arrive on Themyscira).

Having kids there in the "hidden" period is trickier, but it's not something I view as particularly needful from a setting standpoint.
    I don't think I want Diana that old. I like her younger than millennia. It's not important to me - but if I got to pick, it's what I'd choose.

Also, all the women happen to have girls?

Then there's the issue if the Themyscira was paradise when they came or if they made if paradise through their own efforts - that would take time. But I do want Diana growing in paradise.

Mind you, I like Diana growing up the only child. Again, it's not a deal-breaker for me, but it is my preference.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Diana as the only child who is thrilled when she gets a little sister as an adolescent is ideal for me.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I think it would be fine if, like, a young Donna arrives at Themyscira when Diana is the Amazon equivalent of a teenager and becomes Wonder Girl when Diana is an adult and established hero on Man's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I don't think I want Diana that old. I like her younger than millennia. It's not important to me - but if I got to pick, it's what I'd choose.

Also, all the women happen to have girls?

Then there's the issue if the Themyscira was paradise when they came or if they made if paradise through their own efforts - that would take time. But I do want Diana growing in paradise.

Mind you, I like Diana growing up the only child. Again, it's not a deal-breaker for me, but it is my preference.
    All solvable problems, if you want to have Diana growing up with other kids. The boys might simply have been given in the care of the gods (probably Artemis and Hermes), giving the Amazons a shameful secret, and taken to Man's World by them. The age problem can be solved by time running differently.

I'm not saying things should be this way, but the possibilities are there for the writer who wants to explore Themyscira in greater depth.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I think there could be a balance solution. That the Amazons or at least many of them don’t hate men. That many lose their husbands, sons and other male relatives. When they came to the island. It was a cursed island. Any males on the island would turn into monsters even male gods. The reasons is because of the doom gate or maybe one of the other gods. Like Zeus tried to visit but Hera cursed the island. Or some Amazons who wanted to be done with the outside would cursed the island. That any who had male children went to the islands near PI. I don’t know I feel maybe Diana and the other children could be gifts. That the Amazons didn’t have peace’s at the beginning and had to fighting what Ares left behind. Than maybe Artemis or someone else gave them children who wanted them.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-08-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Medusa shouldn't be a Wonder Woman villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Medusa shouldn't be a Wonder Woman villain.
    I guess it's because she and her other sisters have been a lot of the greek myths. What should Medusa be?

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

Magic from their patron goddess works. The goddess rescues girls lost at sea, It's not something common since it's a limited range, and only girls who don't die or get rescued first.

I kind of wonder what if an Amazon rescues a boy and one raises it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I guess it's because she and her other sisters have been a lot of the greek myths. What should Medusa be?
    Either a supporting character or ally. Whatever it is, she shouldn't be a villain.

Why haven’t they brought Clea back? I often thought about the fact aquaman and Diana would both work well in a storyline together in figuring out what to do with Clea

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Either a supporting character or ally. Whatever it is, she shouldn't be a villain.
    Agreed. Especially in modern times Medusa has been shown as a tragic figure and a victim, and someone that Diana should relate to and with. It'd also be good to use her to show Diana that her heroes (looking at you, Athena) aren't perfect and she doesn't need to be either
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey