Page 73 of 439 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 6574

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    With Zara I do think she should actually get her powers from a real god. Maybe an Egyptian god or another(Sekhmet). Due to her saying she is Arab but also speaks in a french accent. She can easily be mixed. There are Lebanese who are red hairs. With Blue Snow maybe she was part of a cult.
    I'd make Zara an Ifrit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ifrit

Top twenty supervillains...

1. First Born
    2. Cheetah
    3. Circe
    4. Poison Alpha (bc too many doctors)
    5. Veronica Cale
    6. Doctor Cyber
    7. Silver Swan
    8. Giganta
    9. Termite Queen (aka the Queen)
    10. Superwoman
    11. Atomia
    12. Grail
    13. Queen of Fables
    14. Bushmaster
    15. Skrill
    16. Adjudicator
    17. Kung
    18. Mayfly
    19. Queen Clea
    20. Doctor Psycho

Top ten superheroic allies, excluding regular, supporting cast...

1. Queen Desira of Venus
    2. Donna Troy
    3. Artemis
    4. Prince Jason
    5. Orion NG
    6. Nubia
    7. Hercules (Perez ed.)
    8. Achilles
    9. Mister Genie
    10. Fury
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-22-2019 at 03:21 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

One of the questions I have would be how do you get Clea back in Wonder Woman? I often thought while yea Clea is the queen of one of the seven seas. Maybe she and her people help protect the Island?

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    One of the questions I have would be how do you get Clea back in Wonder Woman? I often thought while yea Clea is the queen of one of the seven seas. Maybe she and her people help protect the Island?
    I’ve always felt that, the same. I feel she could crossover just as much with Aquaman and Mera as she does with WW. But that just reinforces my belief that Wonderwoman, Aquaman, and to a lesser extent Shazam should be the pillars of a mythology based corner of DCU. As for why she should fight Wonderwoman, Diana comes from an island. A land surrounded by ocean, surely the Amazons have had contact with Atlantans in the past. Just make Clea the queen of the particular plot of sea, that paradise island is situated in.
    Last edited by mathew101281; 09-22-2019 at 05:12 PM.

So the black sea is near the Atlantic sea. So Paradise Island has to be around that area. So Clea rules the Atlantic sea. She and the amazons make a deal. Maybe there is a sea monster both of them protect.

Mighty Member

Even though the movie is around the corner they should just change Barbara's name to Priscilla. DC already has a Barbara that is much more known than Cheetah and Priscilla was a very unique name.

Yet it also wouldn’t make sense. Sense Priscilla was the golden age cheetah’s name. Unless they do what rebirth does. Cheetah uses other people’s name.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthor View Post
    Even though the movie is around the corner they should just change Barbara's name to Priscilla. DC already has a Barbara that is much more known than Cheetah and Priscilla was a very unique name.
    DC is a few decades late for that, though I prefer her being called Priscilla myself. I wish Perez just kept the name instead of inventing a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Top twenty supervillains...

1. First Born
    2. Cheetah
    3. Circe
    4. Poison Alpha (bc too many doctors)
    5. Veronica Cale
    6. Doctor Cyber
    7. Silver Swan
    8. Giganta
    9. Termite Queen (aka the Queen)
    10. Superwoman
    11. Atomia
    12. Grail
    13. Queen of Fables
    14. Bushmaster
    15. Skrill
    16. Adjudicator
    17. Kung
    18. Mayfly
    19. Queen Clea
    20. Doctor Psycho

Top ten superheroic allies, excluding regular, supporting cast...

1. Queen Desira of Venus
    2. Donna Troy
    3. Artemis
    4. Prince Jason
    5. Orion NG
    6. Nubia
    7. Hercules (Perez ed.)
    8. Achilles
    9. Mister Genie
    10. Fury
    I love that you mentioned the Skrill and Adjudicator. I've got plans for both and one of them stems from and gets introduced by another character in my list.

First Born was one thing (along with Hera and the designs of the other gods) that I appreciated from Azz's run, so I'd keep him around as an adversary of Diana, the Olympians, and the cosmos itself.

To me, Diana's top heroic allies, friends, and family in and out of the title should be:

1. Steve Trevor
    2. Etta Candy
    3. Hippolyta
    4. Philippus
    5. Nubia
    6. Mala, Io, & Euboea
    7. Donna Troy
    8. Julia & Vanessa Kapatelis
    9. Cassie Sandsmark
    10. Wonder Woman of Earth 2
    11. Fury of Earth 2
    12. The Holliday Girls
    13. Ferdinand
    14. Peter Garibaldi
    15. Trevor Barnes
    16. Andros
    17. Helena Sandsmark
    18. Achilles Warkiller
    19. Artemis
    20. Black Canary
    21. Batman
    22. Superman
    23. Lois Lane
    24. Selina Kyle
    25. Lance Gardner
    26. The Former and Current Ladies of the League: Mera, Hawkwoman, Zatanna, Vixen, Star Sapphire, Big Barda, etc.
    27. A team of new characters I'm developing that are inspired by Diana
    28. A new take on Wonder Boy
    29. Myndi Mayer and Kevin Mayer

ETA: 30. Atlantiades (can’t believe I forget them)

Yes, it's a huge list, but my aim is for an expansive world for Wonder Woman, just like Batman has built over the decades. These characters are in no particular order and not all of them are going to be regular supporting characters in the title(s) - (should we ever get a second title!)

Some of these relationships don't really exist at the moment, but from my perspective they should so I've included them.

It's wild, the more I've thought about Wonder Women's allies and adversaries the more I see the interconnectedness between some them and a full contemporary tapestry and web of how Diana's mythology from all of her eras fits together.

It's exciting.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 09-23-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I’ve always felt that, the same. I feel she could crossover just as much with Aquaman and Mera as she does with WW. But that just reinforces my belief that Wonderwoman, Aquaman, and to a lesser extent Shazam should be the pillars of a mythology based corner of DCU. As for why she should fight Wonderwoman, Diana comes from an island. A land surrounded by ocean, surely the Amazons have had contact with Atlantans in the past. Just make Clea the queen of the particular plot of sea, that paradise island is situated in.
    I'm also feeling Clea as one of the regents of the Seven Seas. I was hoping beyond hope that Johns's "Seven Seas" storyline was going to reintroduce her and set her up as an adversary specifically for Diana.

I like your idea that Themyscira is atop Clea's domain. There are a lot of interesting themes to play out with Clea versus Diana - misogyny and misandry, leadership and royalty, control versus cooperation, tyranny versus loyalty, etc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So here's a controversial opinion.

I'm perfectly fine with the idea that Diana isn't nearly as strong as Superman....**As long as she's still just as capable.**

I've read the arguments for making her Clark's physical equal and I get what Marston was going for, and they're good, solid reasons. But I'm not 100% cool with basing Diana's power off another (male) character. DC is never going to really make any hero stronger than Superman, just as they're never really going to let anyone be faster than the Flash. And in my opinion they shouldn't; DC is a pantheon where each hero is the king/queen of their own domain and specialty. But this means when Superman gets nerfed (like in post-Crisis) so does Diana. When he gets buffed, so does she. She doesn't stand on her own in this regard, she's a mirror of someone else and that someone else gets to set the rules and limits. I'm not cool with that, Diana's no legacy character!

I'd be perfectly fine saying that Diana is *only* strong enough to throw tanks across a battlefield (which is still stupid strong) and durable enough to shrug off any man-made, hand-held weapon (she deflects bullets because she's not letting some mook actually shoot her! Even if it wont hurt its the principal of the thing!). I'd be fine with her running at the speed of sound, leaping tall buildings in a single bound, and able to "ride air currents" at 100-200 mph.

I'd be fine with all of that.....but only as long as her reaction time and reflexes still allow her to catch bullets and deflect energy blasts (which, really, means she can still react to speedsters like Barry). If her training and combat skill allowed her to make damaging precision strikes against physically superior foes her strength level wouldn't normally allow her to hurt, I'd be okay with that since it's showing off her talent and ability and not just her muscles. And if her gear helps bring her up to that "top class" level (the armor increases her durability, her blade can cut atoms, her lasso is unbreakable, the invisible jet gets her around quickly, etc) then I don't see her being "less powerful" than Superman (or Shazam or whoever), but merely equally powerful in a different way.

The way I see it, Diana currently has a distinct advantage over people like Superman in a fight. She's got the same raw power and a ton more skill. In a straight up brawl I think she'd beat Clark at least half the time (and Im being nice to Clark here). I don't want that to change, but I'd be fine if Diana's wins came from talent and ability (and power too, yes, she's not Captain America!) instead of *just* raw power.

I'd also like to add a few "mythical/god-like" abilities to her arsenal, like being able to hear prayers or travel between earth and mythological dimensions like Olympus, the Island, etc., but this post is long enough already. But getting her a little bit away from the flying brick archetype and building a slightly more unique powerset around her.....wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, in my mind....as long as she remains just as capable and competent as she currently is.
    I agree with this completely. I think it should be her skills combined with her powers that make her Superman's equal. I think she should def be one of the few heroes that can take him, but it shouldn't be because she's just another flying brick. To reduce her to one really does the character a disservice.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I agree with this completely. I think it should be her skills combined with her powers that make her Superman's equal. I think she should def be one of the few heroes that can take him, but it shouldn't be because she's just another flying brick. To reduce her to one really does the character a disservice.
    No one is doing that when they say she should be as strong as Superman. That doesn't equate to removing her fighting skills.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    No one is doing that when they say she should be as strong as Superman. That doesn't equate to removing her fighting skills.
    I think if she's as strong as him without any of his weaknesses, and more skills, she would pretty much be superior to him and be a disservice to him. Meanwhile, making her too drastically weaker and downplaying her skills that he doesn't have is a disservice to her.

It's why Superman fans get annoyed when there is a call to depower him to be fair to everyone else, but there isn't an outcry to depower anyone else even though there are a lot of skills and powers in the JL that he doesn't have (and some that could defeat him in certain circumstances).Balances need to be struck.

Neither the Superman/Wonder Woman nor the Batman/Wonder Woman pairings have ever been relationships of equals. And yes, I am saying Diana's character has suffered in both of them.