Page 74 of 440 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 6590
    BANNED

Her love relationship with Superman is bad, and I hate it every times it comes out on an adaptation or comics, and Diana isn´t bisexual, she´s straight
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 09-23-2019 at 03:44 PM. Reason: language, please

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Neither the Superman/Wonder Woman nor the Batman/Wonder Woman pairings have ever been relationships of equals. And yes, I am saying Diana's character has suffered in both of them.
    Agreed on this. They are among her closest friends. The three of them together are my BrOTP.

Romantically? Nah. They have far more romantic chemistry with each other than either one of them has with Diana anyway. (Diana totally ships them on the dl)

Quote Originally Posted by TheManhunterfromMars View Post
    Her love relationship with Superman is bad, and I hate it every times it comes out on an adaptation or comics, and Diana isn´t bisexual, she´s straight
    Canon and years of subtext beg to differ.

Neither the Superman/Wonder Woman nor the Batman/Wonder Woman pairings have ever been relationships of equals. And yes, I am saying Diana's character has suffered in both of them.
    Absolutely this.

The Wonder Woman and Superman thing in the DCnU was underwhelming - because they didn’t do anything remotely interesting with it. If you’re going to do it, go for it in an intriguing way or don’t bother.

The Wonder Woman and Batman thing in JL: TAS was entertaining because it was a never been done before and a subtle thread throughout the episodes. It worked in that universe and in the context of the Justice League, but I don’t want to see it on Earth Prime.

Diana needs Steve, like Bruce needs Selina and Clark needs Lois, but she should also get to have her Vicki Vales and Talias and Lana Langs and Natalia Knights and Lori Lemarises and Silver St. Clouds and...

I think it’d be interesting to see Steve and Diana’s first love from Themyscira interact whenever Diana and Steve head back to the island for a bit. Those are some of the kinds of meetings and subplots we need in the book, to flesh out her world.

I,m curious what do you guys think about having Diana actually going to Holliday University? That due to where the School is placed people are aware of the weird stuff. An interdimensional university. In terms of papers. I mean interdimensional passport can change in whatever Dimension she is in.

I personally am not interested in Holiday University.

Here is another thing: superheroes need normal people around them, to provide social context and storytelling contrast.

Steve and Etta should be normal people. Very capable normal people, but still normal people who happens to be friends with a superhero. Having them as high-level covert intelligence agency bureaucrats is most definitely not normal people (unless you go the route of say Charles Stross in the Laundry Files, but note that there Bob Howard was the protagonist, and that Stross has moved away from using Bob Howard as the sole protagonist for a while now, as he has been too promoted in various ways).

Holliday college, if it is kept around, shouldn't be some extraordinary gateway to other worlds. Rather, it should be Diana's Daily Planet.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Here is another thing: superheroes need normal people around them, to provide social context and storytelling contrast.

Steve and Etta should be normal people. Very capable normal people, but still normal people who happens to be friends with a superhero. Having them as high-level covert intelligence agency bureaucrats is most definitely not normal people (unless you go the route of say Charles Stross in the Laundry Files, but note that there Bob Howard was the protagonist, and that Stross has moved away from using Bob Howard as the sole protagonist for a while now, as he has been too promoted in various ways).

Holliday college, if it is kept around, shouldn't be some extraordinary gateway to other worlds. Rather, it should be Diana's Daily Planet.
    They'd still be normal in the sense that they have jobs that exist in the real world and aren't demigods from a mythological island. I don't know what the Laundry Files is, but a covert ops agent is still a normal person. I think what you are suggesting Steve and Etta be is audience surrogates which they can still be even if they are intelligence officers, as seen with Everett Ross in Black Panther.

And I say this as someone who kind of prefers the Kapatelis anyway.

Holliday College x Diana = Daily Planet x Superman

I like that. Occasionally cutting away to the rest of Ocean City wouldn't be objectionable, at all. Most of the low-impact action, between faraway adventures, however, could unfold on campus, with Etta, Steve and Atlantiades.

Something in this comic should be constant enough for fans to look forward to and to emotionally invest in. This is normal for comics that have been around, ad long as has WW.

I'd read it.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 09-25-2019 at 06:54 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

They'd still be normal in the sense that they have jobs that exist in the real world and aren't demigods from a mythological island. I don't know what the Laundry Files is, but a covert ops agent is still a normal person. I think what you are suggesting Steve and Etta be is audience surrogates which they can still be even if they are intelligence officers, as seen with Everett Ross in Black Panther.

And I say this as someone who kind of prefers the Kapatelis anyway.
    There really is nothing wrong with Steve and his job. He can still be a normal audience surrogate, he has a job that people actually have. Jimmy Olsen is such, and he does and sees weirder things than Steve on a regular basis.

Etta doesn't benefit at all from being in his field, mostly because it robs of her own identity. She's just an extension of Steve most of the time, especially in post-Crisis where they married and went off into the background together. There really is nothing she has done in the last few years that couldn't have been done by the likes of Phil Darnell or Matthew Michaelis.

She's better as the representative of Holliday College. Which is where Julia can teach, so you can consolidate things down in a natural way.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There really is nothing wrong with Steve and his job. He can still be a normal audience surrogate, he has a job that people actually have. Jimmy Olsen is such, and he does and sees weirder things than Steve on a regular basis.

Etta doesn't benefit at all from being in his field, mostly because it robs of her own identity. She's just an extension of Steve most of the time, especially in post-Crisis where they married and went off into the background together. There really is nothing she has done in the last few years that couldn't have been done by the likes of Phil Darnell or Matthew Michaelis.

She's better as the representative of Holliday College. Which is where Julia can teach, so you can consolidate things down in a natural way.
    Should Holliday College be part of a larger Holliday City, ad you see it, ..or do you leave the Ocean City beach house and street scenes in DC, in place? Do you Diana and company working out of a house on Holliday College's campus?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Should Holliday College be part of a larger Holliday City, ad you see it, ..or do you leave the Ocean City beach house and street scenes in DC, in place? Do you Diana and company working out of a house on Holliday College's campus?
    Maybe, l’d always felt Diana needs more locations that are distinct and have a purpose in her mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I'd just have it as a location in Washington D.C.
    DC Earth already doesn't resemble ours, so their D.C can be a little different.

Instead of bothering deflecting the bullets, Diana should just snatch the guns' out of enemies' hands before they can fire.

I don't see Holliday University (my take) as a place Diana is enrolled as so much as an area in her city where she interacts with the administration and students (i.e. Holliday Girls) in different capacities. It's one set piece of many in the bigger picture of her city, that's been influenced by the state of the DCU, but as specifically influenced by Diana's involvement in her city.

Holliday University has a stature and deep history in the U.S. that's adapted and changed as the U.S. has changed with the appearance of aliens and metahumans.

I'd keep Steve in ARGUS as the organization lends itself to the interesting and amazing and dramatic and arcane in the DCU, but I'd retcon Etta to being in university and one of Diana's very first BFFs. It's much more interesting if Diana, Steve, and Etta get tossed into different adventures together and respond to their circumstances from a variety of angles.