Page 76 of 440 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 6592

Just to throw my hat into the relationship ring, while I agree that Superman/Wonder Woman didn't paint them as equals, it was only in a mythos-using context. In that they used more of Superman's for setting/threat on a consistent basis. As characters though? They were absolutely equal. Her strength was usually up to par (she was beaten up by Doomsday, Superman helped. Superman was beaten up by Zod/Faora, Wonder Woman helped, etc.), and mentally if anything she was the more mature one. Its why I enjoyed it. And to date, is still the most successful romantic relationship Wonder Woman's been written in for decades. Definitely was better than the current stuff with Steve. Better than Nemesis, better than Barnes, etc.

Batman I don't even factor in, as if we're sticking to comics they were never a thing in canon anyway, outside a brief will-they-won't-they flirtation which ended pretty quickly in "they won't".
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-28-2019 at 11:03 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Wonder Woman villains should be:

Zeus

Poseidon

Devastation

Myrina Black

Alkyone

Dr Psycho

Heracles

Neutral characters should be:

Ares

Circe

Giganta

Zara

Medusa

Why should Ares be a neutral character?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I think he should be a bad guy - started that way in this fandom and I think it works well. I also think Circe should be bad. I don't want Zeus good, but bad or neutral is okay with me.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    He's been less one-dimensional when he's less villainous.

I wouldn’t mind if Circe started off has neutral to Diana. At first causing trouble for her. At times giving people super powers they can never control. Or other things but often leaves Diana alone. I agree on Doris. The only thing is I'm actually would want someone else to get Doris to change.

Hey what about mouse man? Why not being him back?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd happily ditch Doris and just bring back Giganta the former gorilla turned giant woman. Diana has enough villainous doctors.

Of the male Gods, I think only Hermes and Hephaestus should always be allies to WW and the Amazons. Others can range from being more neutral/either-or (Apollo, Hades and Dionysus) to villainous (Ares, Zeus and Poseidon). The goddesses should mostly be allies but shouldn't be above getting called out for their crimes either. Especially Hera, though Zeus should be the worse of the two.

I still like the Odyssey costume to this day. Both with and without the jacket but without was better.

Odyssey as a story had a good start. JMS actually had something going there unlike his Superman run which was a disaster from page one. That he left Grounded was a godsend, that he bailed on this one was rather disappointing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd happily ditch Doris and just bring back Giganta the former gorilla turned giant woman. Diana has enough villainous doctors.

Of the male Gods, I think only Hermes and Hephaestus should always be allies to WW and the Amazons. Others can range from being more neutral/either-or (Apollo, Hades and Dionysus) to villainous (Ares, Zeus and Poseidon). The goddesses should mostly be allies but shouldn't be above getting called out for their crimes either. Especially Hera, though Zeus should be the worse of the two.

One of the things that I had was actually Aphrodite. Due to her affair with Ares maybe she did cause Amazons troubles in the man's world? That sense Hercules trials were to get Hippoltya's griddle Ares actually helped with that to be more violent.

Hercules is such a bad villain...a poor, d-list badguy. Brian Azzarello's run showed wh at a truly ferocious and game-changing antagonist that Apollo could be, so much that I think we can retire Herc.

I think there's some misandry behind always wanting to see Herc play the villain.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Hercules is such a bad villain...a poor, d-list badguy. Brian Azzarello's run showed wh at a truly ferocious and game-changing antagonist that Apollo could be, so much that I think we can retire Herc.

I think there's some misandry behind always wanting to see Herc play the villain.

He did enslave the Amazons. So he is a villain to them. So, of course, there is Misandry against Hercules.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Heracles in the myths was getting along fine with the Amazons. In different versions, Hera either drove him mad to attack them or drove Hippolyta and the Amazons mad to attack him and he killed them in self defense. So as with all things, it was the Gods being dicks that caused things to go south.

I understand the thought process of casting Heracles as a villain in an attempt to subvert the Amazon myth and make the women the heroes, because he's a big easy target. But it does reek of tearing down a symbol of masculinity to prop of the feminine alternative. Hercules's legend looms larger than the details of the ancient myths, he's a pop culture icon that stars in Disney cartoons or has superhero versions of himself made for the Marvel universe, so going from that to rapist and a brute is off putting. The majority of readers would have no problem siding with the Amazons in their origins as having to rebel against a male oppressor, but casting Hercules in the role can be awkward.

Theseus however is much less of a big deal and not nearly as many people are attached to him, and he is either sometimes present with Heracles or replaces him entirely in the myths about the Attic War. Why not just cast him in the villainous role? Same end result.

Why not have Ares pretend to be Hercules? Or just have Zeus abuse them? We can still have Hera be the villain.

Mighty Member

Gal Gadot has the ideal body type for Wonder Woman. I really don't like the idea of Diana being a 6'3'' tall woman. I think she should be anywhere from 5'9-5'11. She should be tall but not extraordinarily so.

What would be wrong with her being 6.3? We have other women who are taller than Diana.