Page 95 of 440 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 6590

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Artemis is a kick ass woman in a franchise that features kick ass women. Can you picture Wolverine riding his own flying elephant named Mysia while carrying his magic stick Polly?
    If he's drunk enough probably.

And it's Artemis' attitude that makes her similar to Logan not simply that she knows how to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    The arguments for writing Jason out of the comic haven't been very compelling.
    The arguments for keeping him haven’t been very compelling.

Any WW writer could ditch his silly uniform, de-power him to Troy's levels, settle him in an obscure town and ignore him. He could exist almost entirely outside of the WW comic, like Donna, Artemis and Cassie, without any impact on anything happening in WW. He could become hugely successful, outside the comic, appearing in other comics...accruing a fanbase, independent of Wonder Woman's! There's no sensible reason to junk this character, since he probably won't even be a regular on the comic.
    This has about as much chance of happening as me becoming President of the United States.

If I can live with a universe that includes Superboy's Girlfriend, impossibly perfect, Barbie-Cassie, I think my fellow WW fans should be able to tolerate a heroic Hercules or Prince Jason.
    Cassie fans aren’t exactly thrilled by that depiction of her either.

To get there, however, we must introduce something uniquely and consistently disruptive and unsafe into the narrative...the anti-Steve that I suggested. The stoneless status quo, pairing Diana with agreeable eunuchs, just promises more of the same...

Boredom.
    Yeah, um, the fact you keep calling the guys Diana is paired with eunuchs because they… aren’t sexist, disrespectful pigs doesn’t raise confidence about your ideas for a good male supporting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If he's drunk enough probably.

And it's Artemis' attitude that makes her similar to Logan not simply that she knows how to fight.
    So you don’t think Artemis knows how to fight?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So you don’t think Artemis knows how to fight?
    What? No that's not what I meant. How did you get that out of what I said?
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-24-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    If I can live with a universe that includes Superboy's Girlfriend, impossibly perfect, Barbie-Cassie, I think my fellow WW fans should be able to tolerate a heroic Hercules or Prince Jason.
    why do you say "impossibly perfect"?

At any rate, I think a great direction would be for WW to act as a mother figure for someone. Not necessarily a child, but she has had a very interesting set of stories when acting as a mentor for teens like Donna and Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    What? No that's not what I meant. How did you get that out of what I said?
    I didn’t. I just went with that to get you to explain it. Which was dumb

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

At any rate, I think a great direction would be for WW to act as a mother figure for someone. Not necessarily a child, but she has had a very interesting set of stories when acting as a mentor for teens like Donna and Cassie.
    And we're back to Hunter, he's Diana's son (from an alternate future). He's no more distant to her than Cable, Rachel Summers or Nate Grey are to Cyclops and Phoenix. Diana could mentor a "son" without actually giving birth to one. He'd also make a great love interest for Cassie and foil for Conner in Young Justice. Hunter and Kara could continue the Super/Wonder romances too.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

I think Diana should absolutely never be a mother-figure to Cassie (which I know isn't what you suggested). Cassie already has a mother, and Helena doesn't need to be supplanted by Diana in that fashion (I liked good!Mom Helena from her early days and was very peeved at later creative choices). I like Bruce and Ollie and father figures for Dick and Roy. I hated the retconning of Barry into one for Wally - who already had a good dad. If Diana is to be a mother figure for anyone, then that needs to be their relationship from early on, not a retcon that diminishes previous relationships/parents. I also like variety - that some mentors are parental figures and some are not. I don't want Diana as a parental figure for Donna, either. They already have (well, had) a sisterly relationship, and I'd prefer it stay more that nature than motherly.

I'm not all certain I want Diana to act as a mother. It's not a role that every hero needs - I like the idea that not being a parent is a valid/good choice, too, and many of the other major heroes already have kids (though DC likes killing them off and erasing them). And for me, you don't get to be a "mother figure" just by mentoring - it involves tending to the sick kid, making rules about curfew, providing for them, shaping their morals, etc. It involves being a parent, day in and day out. I'm not sure if I want that for Diana. Mentoring and parenting aren't the same thing. For the trinity, the other two are already parents, so it's nice to have one who isn't. Messaging can be kinda mixed, I guess - men can "have it all" (heroism and kid) and women can't. But as a woman who never really wanted kids, it'd be kinda nice for a prominent heroine to feel similarly. I also quite like it as a point of contrast between Donna and Diana - a way of highlighting their differences. Though, of course, they have many differences (and similarities, too).

Also, I'm kinda tired of the new sidekick-age-heroes arriving every few years (oftentimes now, before the previous one is grown). They don't let the characters grow beyond it anymore (ages the heroes too much, I guess), and it irks me. It leaves the older generations in limbo - not allowed to progress to full-on status of their prior mentors or outgrow their shadows, but no longer being used as mentees, either.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 11-24-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Also, I'm kinda tired of the new sidekick-age-heroes arriving every few years (oftentimes now, before the previous one is grown). They don't let the characters grow beyond it anymore (ages the heroes too much, I guess), and it irks me. It leaves the older generations in limbo - not allowed to progress to full-on status of their prior mentors or outgrow their shadows, but no longer being used as mentees, either.
    I'd actually not create a new character if I was to write the story. I'd instead take an existing character who is not used much and write a story about why that character is now her sidekick.

She should be a member of more teams without Batman and Superman.

She had a few teams up in golden age. Comic Cavalcade was a team uup with Diana, Flash and Green Lantern.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm not all certain I want Diana to act as a mother. It's not a role that every hero needs - I like the idea that not being a parent is a valid/good choice, too, and many of the other major heroes already have kids (though DC likes killing them off and erasing them). And for me, you don't get to be a "mother figure" just by mentoring - it involves tending to the sick kid, making rules about curfew, providing for them, shaping their morals, etc. It involves being a parent, day in and day out. I'm not sure if I want that for Diana. Mentoring and parenting aren't the same thing. For the trinity, the other two are already parents, so it's nice to have one who isn't. Messaging can be kinda mixed, I guess - men can "have it all" (heroism and kid) and women can't. But as a woman who never really wanted kids, it'd be kinda nice for a prominent heroine to feel similarly. I also quite like it as a point of contrast between Donna and Diana - a way of highlighting their differences. Though, of course, they have many differences (and similarities, too).
    IMO, this was a strength of the old E2 system. We could tell those kinds of stories without necessarily having to befoul the main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    She should be a member of more teams without Batman and Superman.
    Justice League Dark is great and definitely backs up this opinion.

I’m curious what happened to Vanessa? We never saw her again. Also who should be the next silver swan? Should the original Swan come back ?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I’m curious what happened to Vanessa? We never saw her again. Also who should be the next silver swan? Should the original Swan come back ?
    I'd like someone to take care of that dangler. If nothing else, I'd like it to be revealed that Julia is still alive, and she and Vanessa get a happy ending and return to limbo.

I'd be fine with Helen Alexandros coming back.