Page 96 of 440 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 6586

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'd like someone to take care of that dangler. If nothing else, I'd like it to be revealed that Julia is still alive, and she and Vanessa get a happy ending and return to limbo.
    The last thing WW comic needs is more classic characters returning to limbo. I'd much rather see Vanessa and Julia come back as supporting characters.

I think the animated film did a great job of bringing Doc Julia and Jessie back, with Etta, Steve and Ferdinand, as supporting characters...showing us what that might look like...

A supporting cast...in Wonder Woman? There's controversy.I

What's next, ..an iconic city? Uh'oh

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Yeah, um, the fact you keep calling the guys Diana is paired with eunuchs because they… aren’t sexist, disrespectful pigs doesn’t raise confidence about your ideas for a good male supporting character.
    Yeah, um...the thread handle is 'Controversial Opinions'. We are not here to win your confidence in our ideas.

The men in the WW comic, for the most, are not challenging or even very interesting ..to me. Steve isn't half as willful, independent and annoying, as Lois has been to Big Blue, since World War Two. That is my opinion.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-27-2019 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Clarity
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Yeah, um...the thread handle is 'Controversial Opinions'. We are not here to win your confidence in our ideas.

The men in the WW comic, for the most, are not challenging or even very interesting ..to me. Steve isn't half as willful, independent and annoying, as Lois has been to Big Blue, since World War Two. That is my opinion.
    And my opinion is that you are incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Justice League Dark is great and definitely backs up this opinion.
    The potential for Wonder Woman/Ragman interactions does not hurt either.

This makes me wonder. Should Vanessa be able to fight alongside Wonder Woman? Or just be a friend ?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The last thing WW comic needs is more classic characters returning to limbo. I'd much rather see Vanessa and Julia come back as supporting characters.
    That would be preferable, but if the current WW mythos doesn't have a place for them, I think a happy ending and then getting respectfully written out of the book is better than just being stuck with what Robinson left for them.

Narratively, I'm not sure there is as much of a place for them now. Rebirth Barbara Minerva is pretty much a composite of her classic self and Julia, she takes Julia's role in the new origin. There really is only space for one of them in that, since the Bloodlines movie restores Julia's role in the origin and left Cheetah adrift. And Vanessa isn't the only Silver Swan that could be used.

BANNED

It’s time to distance Diana from Steve and the US military. I’d rather see her working full time with museums like the Louvre (#synergy) and characters like Julia, Cheetah, and her JLD crew to gather dangerous magical and divine artifacts floating around in the world.

So over the military stuff.

Extraordinary Member

I think the animated film did a great job of bringing Doc Julia and Jessie back, with Etta, Steve and Ferdinand, as supporting characters...showing us what that might look like...

A supporting cast...in Wonder Woman? There's controversy.

What's next, ..an iconic city? Uh'oh
    Ha! No joke!

I share it, tbh. Diana needs some contrast in her life to give the book (not to mention the characters) a little color
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    It’s time to distance Diana from Steve and the US military. I’d rather see her working full time with museums like the Louvre (#synergy) and characters like Julia, Cheetah, and her JLD crew to gather dangerous magical and divine artifacts floating around in the world.

So over the military stuff.
    She has been distanced from Steve. She didn't really interacted with him much since Perez. Rebirth had there much more be together. I mean you don't see them trying to stop away Clarke from journalism or Bruce being a billionaire. DC already has messed with Diana are so much already. I mean this is why I do feel maybe Diana Prince isn't that bad of an idea. Also, we shouldn't distance. He doesn't have to show up but Diana has too many characters is limbo that would be cool to see. Look at Blue Snow or Zara. No use of them
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-27-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Rebirth Barbara Minerva is pretty much a composite of her classic self and Julia, she takes Julia's role in the new origin.
    Which I hate, speaking of controversial opinions.

And Vanessa isn't the only Silver Swan that could be used.
    She's the only relevant Swan due to her appearance in the animated movie, and I don't like multiple villains sharing the same title. So I'd keep her as the Swan but have her redeemed and become a hero.

What’s wrong with multiple villains? I really like the other Silver Swans. I mean Helena is a pretty good character. I wonder if Vanessa becomes a hero. Should she not longer be silver swan but something else or just a different outfit?

Just a friendly reminder...the thread title is 'Controversial Opions'. There are no incorrect opinons. Please continue to share all of your ideas, no matter how challenging you think they might be.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Ha! No joke!

I share it, tbh. Diana needs some contrast in her life to give the book (not to mention the characters) a little color
    It is a very hard comic to write, well, ..to be fair. In the G-Age, it was one of the funniest and most imaginative books on the stands. It is next to impossible to imagine a writer bringing that level of creativity to WW, today.

Take Diana's beau, for example. If Steve is to stay, I think we need an anti-Steve or some dissimilar character, who plays a recurring role in the book, thay Steve might have a hard edge to be played against.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-29-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Just a friendly reminder...the thread title is 'Controversial Opions'. There are no incorrect opinons. Please continue to share all of your ideas, no matter how challenging you think they might be.

It is a very hard comic to write, well, ..to be fair. In the G-Age, it was one of the funniest and most imaginative books on the stands. It is next to impossible to imagine a writer bringing that level of creativity to WW, today.

Take Diana's beau, for example. If Steve is to stay, I think we need an anti-Steve or some dissimilar character, who plays a recurring role in the book, thay Steve might have a hard edge to be played against.
    I agree, I say bring back Morgan Tracy. Make him Steve's boss at A.R.G.U.S. and a government thorn in Steve's side as well as Diana's. He could later be revealed to be an undercover leader of Kobra as well as secretly a mental illusion of Maxwell Lord. That's my controversial opinion, Maxwell Lord was a great villain for Diana. He just has to drive in a lane not already occupied by Dr. Psycho, who is the resident sexist, rapist, madman the book needs to rail against.

As controversial as the neck snap was, Lord is an antagonist of Diana not tied to the Greek Gods but is instead tied to the espionage side of things. I think him being one of Diana’s big rogues is honestly a good thing. They’ve got huge ideological differences between them that can be mined for more storytelling and they have a personal reason to hate one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    As controversial as the neck snap was, Lord is an antagonist of Diana not tied to the Greek Gods but is instead tied to the espionage side of things. I think him being one of Diana’s big rogues is honestly a good thing. They’ve got huge ideological differences between them that can be mined for more storytelling and they have a personal reason to hate one another.
    What personal reason would Diana have for hating Max?