Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

House of Whisper#1 was meh. Maybe it would read better in trade?

Young animal better

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Sad to say, I have to agree with the illustrious Mr. K: House of Whispers #1, meh. No central character that intrigues me, a lot of threads on the water, not enough taken up in the first issue to give me reason to follow.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Default Finally Got Hold of The Dreaming #1

I just read "The Dreaming #1" and I really liked it. Unlike most of you who seem to have a better memory for The Sandman than me, I've no idea where this story is going. There's lots of questions and possibilities. And great art!

And there's one moment in the issue that genuinely made me laugh out loud, both because it was funny and because it was so unexpected. Dora seems to be quite the disruptive influence. Even if there wasn't a crack and blank... things running around, she'd probably be enough by herself to throw the place into chaos.

So now that those series are all done AFAIK, what’s the final verdict? Any of them worth checking out?

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

If you can find them, (or I suppose the collected book's available, too), I really enjoyed both volumes of The Thessaliad.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet