Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by theboychild View Post
    Awesomeness! Will do. Have you read Infinite Crisis?
    Yeah - it was ok but i'd started to get out of comics around then. I don't really read any anymore...although if and when the Legion come back I'll be all over that. Have you tried the Legion of Super-Heroes? Give the Great Darkness Saga a try if not - its a really good read.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbydrake50 View Post
    Yeah - it was ok but i'd started to get out of comics around then. I don't really read any anymore...although if and when the Legion come back I'll be all over that. Have you tried the Legion of Super-Heroes? Give the Great Darkness Saga a try if not - its a really good read.
    I started to get into comics again when I found out about omnis being out in the market! Prior to that, I stopped reading comics since I was 12! Thanks for pointing it out. I have not read the Legion of Super-Heroes. Didn't know Darkseid is in it. Currently reading the Fourth World by Kirby. I will look into it!

All-New Member

I started to get into comics again when I found out about omnis being out in the market! Prior to that, I stopped reading comics since I was 12! Thanks for pointing it out. I have not read the Legion of Super-Heroes. Didn't know Darkseid is in it. Currently reading the Fourth World by Kirby. I will look into it!
    When you've read the JLI Omni there are a couple of follow up mini series to read with art by Maguire (who does the first 20-odd issues of JLI) - also really good.

I have the Justice League International omnibus.
    Read a small chunk and than forgot about it.
    Will pick it up and read some more.
    I read these stories originally in the 80's
    They are still fun and the few printing mistakes are
    easy enough to get around (Did D C ever offer a fixed version?)

I also read the Detroit era when it first came out on the stands.
    It was nothing special and I have not read anything from it since.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Thanks so much for sharing! I appreciate your thoughts. I decided to read it digitally and will conclude later on. Did you like Infinite Crisis?
    Yes, I think I am one of the few who actually really liked Infinite Crisis, despite its many flaws. The revised version reads much better. There were last minute changes on that book that hurt the final product, but it is still a fun read for continuity nerds like myself.

Astonishing Member

Doubled up sorry
    Last edited by kilderkin; 08-13-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

Imo JLA and it's follow on books JLE and JLA are fantastic reads.

Not classic justice league in team or style, but brilliant in their own way.

In fact I would say JLI is probably my favourite team book ever.

Considering some of the forgettable runs in recent years with some “classic” characters ... Detroit and International teams seem to have had much longer lasting memory in the collective consciousness of comic readers.

Extraordinary Member

Thanks for sharing your ideas! It sounds like there were some pros and cons about the book. Did you like Infinite Crisis? I heard it used to be a whale and being sold for $400-500!
    No, I did not like Infinite Crisis at all. Just my opinion, but to me, it took a wonderful ending for four characters from COIE and ruined them all.

JL Detroit was my favorite saga of the original pre-Crisis Justice League. They made Aquaman really important and the stories were darker and street level. It definitely got better and better as it went along.

JL International and JL Europe are the two best Justice League runs in my opinion.