BANNED

Default Syfy's take on the Death of Superman during the 25 anniversary....

I thought fans of the ORIGINAL Death of Superman storyline would like to see how it came to be as SYFY does an oral interview with quotes and moments from the creative teams behind the epic tale... http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/an-oral...25-years-later

Thanks for the article. I've heard the story before, but its always cool to get into their heads again and this provided even more information that I didn't know about (like they originally were only going to do one replacement Superman and each writer would come up with a pitch, but then they just decided to do four, haha).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I love happy accident stories. Like having Carlin, Simonson, Bogdanove, and Stern all slowly leave Marvel and hunker down on Superman. It was kinda win-win because Marvel reveled in that dynamic "Image" world and some of their titles would dominate for over a decade then, but at the same time I don't think any other combination of people could have done such incredible, prolific work on a character who really didn't represent the trends.

Can't imagine what that story would look like with one new character slot open, lol.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

This was a fun read. Thank you!

Bar none, that team was the best collection of talent to work on Superman.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Thanks for the article. I've heard the story before, but its always cool to get into their heads again and this provided even more information that I didn't know about (like they originally were only going to do one replacement Superman and each writer would come up with a pitch, but then they just decided to do four, haha).
    Yeah a lot of these stories are well known but it’s nice to get the firsthand accounts.

Everything just fell into place.