Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I haven't finished Doom patrol yet (still need to get the third big trade) but I like it a fair amount. Some stories are better than others but it's really quite good all round. In truth, though, the best Doom Patrol related comic book that Morrison ever did was Flex Mentallo, which was, very simply, absolutely brilliant and a whole level above anything in teh main series. That gorgeous Quitely art doens't hurt either.

If you want classic '80s DC-verse Morrison, I cannot recommend Animal Man highly enough. It's his fitst work for an Americna publisher and it's still one of his best. The art is functional rather than noteworthy but Morrison's exploration of reality, stories and the way the two interact may not exactly be an original theme but the way he handles it is something else entirely. It has a slighty slow start but it's something like 25 issues in total so it's a very contained work. Also, along with the more meta stuff, he kicks ass on even the most basic storytelling levels too with good pllotting, great characterization and a surprising amount of heart to boot.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I haven't finished Doom patrol yet (still need to get the third big trade) but I like it a fair amount. Some stories are better than others but it's really quite good all round. In truth, though, the best Doom Patrol related comic book that Morrison ever did was Flex Mentallo, which was, very simply, absolutely brilliant and a whole level above anything in teh main series. That gorgeous Quitely art doens't hurt either.

If you want classic '80s DC-verse Morrison, I cannot recommend Animal Man highly enough. It's his fitst work for an Americna publisher and it's still one of his best. The art is functional rather than noteworthy but Morrison's exploration of reality, stories and the way the two interact may not exactly be an original theme but the way he handles it is something else entirely. It has a slighty slow start but it's something like 25 issues in total so it's a very contained work. Also, along with the more meta stuff, he kicks ass on even the most basic storytelling levels too with good pllotting, great characterization and a surprising amount of heart to boot.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Retired

The problem for me is that this version of the Doom Patrol can only be done justice by Grant Morrison. When others do it, it's not as good.

It's troubling to hear that the DC Universe streaming service is going to try to do the Morrison version of the DP. That's a hell of a challenge. They should at least start out with the classic Arnold Drake team and work their way up to the much more difficult Morrison Patrol.

It's one of the best book ever. The team is amazing, the love story is really moving, it's wild, it's fun, it's innovative, it's crazy, it's beautiful. The ending is amazing too.