BANNED

Default Can you recommend some crossover stories?

I'm looking for some Marvel crossover stories from the 60s, 70s, or 80s featuring two or more Marvel heroes, who don't normally appear together, on some sort of adventure. I like Marvel Team-Up but it's basically a Spider-Man and guest series and I'm looking for something with more variety, different heroes. Could be a storyline or one/two issue arc.

Big events are fun but I really like stories with only 2-4 characters. They're more personal and seeing interactions between characters that are from different areas of the Marvel universe is really thrilling to me.

If anyone could recommend some issues/series/storylines I should check out it would be really helpful! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I'm looking for some Marvel crossover stories from the 60s, 70s, or 80s featuring two or more Marvel heroes, who don't normally appear together, on some sort of adventure. I like Marvel Team-Up but it's basically a Spider-Man and guest series and I'm looking for something with more variety, different heroes. Could be a storyline or one/two issue arc.

Big events are fun but I really like stories with only 2-4 characters. They're more personal and seeing interactions between characters that are from different areas of the Marvel universe is really thrilling to me.

If anyone could recommend some issues/series/storylines I should check out it would be really helpful! Thanks!
    There is also Marvel Two-In-One: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/marve...one/4050-2696/

Then you can look for Marvel Knights books: https://comicvine.gamespot.com/marve...hts/4050-9119/

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post

One of the best stories involving EITHER character:

I've always had a soft spot for Hearts of Darkness myself.

I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member

Spectacular Spider-Man#42 that continues to Fantastic Four#218.
    A two part story that have Spider-Man joining with the Fantastic Four against the Frightful Four.
    One of the first crossover stories i have read,the story is great and makes sense that it features Spider-Man and Fantastic Four because the Frightful Four have villains that are from the FF and Spidey stories.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I loved the old Marvel Two In One. It was like Marvel Team Up only with the the Thing instead of Spider Man. The Thing being more of a cosmic character really got into some great team ups. Some of the best are:

The Project Pegasus Saga (53-58) where he teams up with Quasar, Deathlok, Black Goliath, and Wundarr.

The Her story (61-63) which features Moondragon, Starhawk, and the High Evolutionary.

The Serpent Crown Affair (64-67) which features Stingray, Triton, Scarlet Witch, and Hyperion. There is sort of a follow up issue in the Marvel Team Up annual #5

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

There is a cool crossover between the Avengers and the Fantastic Four that tells the same story from two different sides. On Earth you have the Avengers fighting to break Annihilus's barrier while in the Negative Zone you have the FF fighting to get back to earth.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    There is a cool crossover between the Avengers and the Fantastic Four that tells the same story from two different sides. On Earth you have the Avengers fighting to break Annihilus's barrier while in the Negative Zone you have the FF fighting to get back to earth.

There was another Avengers/FF crossover a couple years later involving a story where someone activated a device that neutralized the Skrull shape shifting ability universally, with the story being told similarly from each team's perspective.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I loved the old Marvel Two In One. It was like Marvel Team Up only with the the Thing instead of Spider Man. The Thing being more of a cosmic character really got into some great team ups. Some of the best are:

The Project Pegasus Saga (53-58) where he teams up with Quasar, Deathlok, Black Goliath, and Wundarr.

The Her story (61-63) which features Moondragon, Starhawk, and the High Evolutionary.

The Serpent Crown Affair (64-67) which features Stingray, Triton, Scarlet Witch, and Hyperion. There is sort of a follow up issue in the Marvel Team Up annual #5

Great recommendation. Gruenwald and Co. were really on a roll during that run of MTIO. Those three arcs went from sci-fi/espionage to space opera to mystic menace, and pulled all of it off with style!

They're each available in digital collections.