Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    He only dated Barbara in Beyond. And I wouldn’t describe that as a “set” future. Just one of the many that are possible.
    If it's so... then okay... I always thought it's a set future because that's the only future ever depicted.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    You just described pre-crisis Batman
    NICE

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    You just described pre-crisis Batman
    In fact, while we're on the subject, I'd like to take a moment to pay tribute to the Bronze Age Batman.

True, he isn't on my personal list of 'definitive' versions, but he's the version to whom my definitives, and those of many others, owe a debt.

It was a long road from Adam West to Frank Miller, and it is creators like Neal Adams, Steve Englehart, Archie Goodwin, Len Wein, Doug Moench, Gerry Conway and so many others who guided Batman through that journey.

Year One and the dramatic reshaping of Batman's world on a dark and gritty path may have set the stage for Burton's Batman films and BTAS, but it is the Batman stories of the 70's and early 80's that form a major part of the DNA of those works, BTAS in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    If it's so... then okay... I always thought it's a set future because that's the only future ever depicted.

NICE
    There's been loads of future/last Batman stories tho. Dark Knight Returns, Year 100, Batman 666, The Last Batman Story etc
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    There's been loads of future/last Batman stories tho. Dark Knight Returns, Year 100, Batman 666, The Last Batman Story etc
    Those are comics, not BTAS

Batman Forever. Val Kilmer made a good Batman but Joel Schumacher's directing and the film script failed him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Batman Forever. Val Kilmer made a good Batman but Joel Schumacher's directing and the film script failed him.
    I would never consider that the 'definitive' Batman, but I agree that Val Kilmer is a severely underrated Batman. I'd argue that he played the best version of Bruce Wayne before Christian Bale came along.

Forever is a bit of a schizophrenic film. There are parts that truly make it a worthy successor to the Burton films - the attempts to explore Bruce's psyche while touching upon the origin and his inspiration to become Batman, his relationship with Chase Meridian, and Dick's journey to becoming Robin. But then we have Riddler and Two Face basically serving as villains from the 60's show and...well, that's all one needs to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I would never consider that the 'definitive' Batman, but I agree that Val Kilmer is a severely underrated Batman. I'd argue that he played the best version of Bruce Wayne before Christian Bale came along.

Forever is a bit of a schizophrenic film. There are parts that truly make it a worthy successor to the Burton films - the attempts to explore Bruce's psyche while touching upon the origin and his inspiration to become Batman, his relationship with Chase Meridian, and Dick's journey to becoming Robin. But then we have Riddler and Two Face basically serving as villains from the 60's show and...well, that's all one needs to say about it.
    And the Seal sound track . Kiss by a Rose from the Grave

BANNED

Book wise a combination of Batman written by Greg Rucka, Jim Starlin and Grant Morisson. An Alpha male and renaissance man. Brilliant genius who has an insatiable curiousity, who never quits and who has a zest for life.

Film and tv wise: Season 4 of Batman The Animated Series, Justice League Unlimited and the Batman (voiced by Bruce Greenwood) in Batman Under The Red Hood.

As for images I'd like to say Jim Lee:

Batman.jpg

Followed by Greg Capullo. He should be a man who looks good in anything from the Batsuit to Brioni.

JL/JLU Batman, it's the first one I think of when talking about the character.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

A combo of Neal Adams and BTAS/Bruce/Timm/Radomski/Burnett and Morrison, with a bit of the Bruce/Selina romance by King thrown in for good measure.

BANNED

This is an easy answer.

Englehardt, Rogers and Austin created the definitive Batman.