Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Who Should be in the New Brotherhood of Evil Mutants?

Now that Magneto is back to being a bad guy, and Emma and the Stepford Cuckoos are now villains and that the Brotherhood were seen as saviors in the dystopian future that Magneto visited in X-men Blue #33 who would you have listed in your roster in case a new team does form in the future?

Personally I would choose: Magneto (Leader) Exodus, Elixir, Stepford Cuckoos, and Mystique

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

If anything, I may have replaced Magik with Monet, and added Deadpool, keeping everyone else included.

Otherwise, Magneto's recruits seemed good, and it's a Brotherhood I would like to read about. Especially with Bunn writing, since gritty characters are his thing, and he's not scared to go to the darker places. He did great with Sabretooth, and is doing great with Deadpool, both of whom other writers have turned into Jar Jar Binks.

Given this is a future story, and Marvel never really gets to those, I doubt we'll ever get to see Magneto's Brotherhood. That could even be viewed as a throwaway scene. But I did love it showing him getting a team back together.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-12-2018 at 07:27 AM.

idk if I'd call him a 'villain', Bunn seems to be bringing him down a very rigid, grey path. But as for the roster:

-Exodus
    -Elixir
    -The Sleepers
    -maybe the remaining Cuckoos?
    -Mondo
    -Toad
    -Daken
    -Briar Raleigh
    -Unuscionce

If Magneto is gonna make a new Brotherhood, it needs to be an army.

- Magneto
    - Briar
    - Exodus
    - Elixir
    - Cuckoos
    - Frenzy

M-Twins/M instead of Majik for sure.
    Glob instead of Blob.
    Where the heck is Daken?

They all need updated uniforms. Especially Unuscionce and Exodus.

All of my teams would have Mags as leader but he would work more behind the scenes like Xavier.
    My Brotherhood would consist of ( I got so many):

Dark Beast
    M-Twins
    Martha Johansson
    Glob
    Vincente
    Negasonic
    Miguela Torres

Exodus
    Threnody
    Amelia Voght
    Fatale
    Abyss
    Reaper
    Quicksilver

Phantazia
    Exodus
    Sabretooth
    M
    Daken
    One Cuckoo
    Vincente

Honorable mentions of X-Stacy. Toad (of course), Copycat, Wicked and Mondo. If Kwannon soon becomes available she gets a spot on all of my teams!!

Just thought of another good one..

Exodus
    Polaris
    Sabretooth
    Kwannon
    M
    Quicksilver
    Mondo
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 08-13-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Drop the Evil. That reeks of the Silver Age and a bit much. If they should do a new Brotherhood, it should be a team of antiheroes and not villians. They should be a team that we can root for here and see their motives and not flat out evil. I would actually have it led by Polaris instead. This was a pitch I had for X-men Blue but I think could work as a morally grey team that leans on being more aggressive and underhanded to ensure the protection of mutantkind

Maybe take Archangel out as that may not fit his narrative anymore. Bring back Vicente from Generation X/Next

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Drop the Evil. That reeks of the Silver Age and a bit much. If they should do a new Brotherhood, it should be a team of antiheroes and not villians. They should be a team that we can root for here and see their motives and not flat out evil. I would actually have it led by Polaris instead. This was a pitch I had for X-men Blue but I think could work as a morally grey team that leans on being more aggressive and underhanded to ensure the protection of mutantkind

Maybe take Archangel out as that may not fit his narrative anymore. Bring back Vicente from Generation X/Next

Agreed. No need for the "Evil" I want a botherhood I can kinda sometimes route for.

Like your team and I was toying with the idea of Polaris myself. Don't know about Emma serving under Mags but hopefully one day they can live as equals.

Obviously I agree that Vincente needs a comeback.

This is the idea that works best for me. The Brotherhood should stop being used as simple antagonist but more as proactive rivals.

Maybe take Archangel out as that may not fit his narrative anymore.
    Not a bad idea at all of a merged into one counterpoint team for the X-Men, especially if they are going for one title Uncanny X-Men for awhile. The Horseman sort of work as a sort term opponents of the X-Men, but their goals make Thanos seem reasonable so they never work well in the longer run as good antagonists.

Once the line branches out into multiple books again it might make sense to split them up into two separate teams say Brotherhood and Acolytes or Hellfire could be a replacement for one of them with Magneto in more of a godfather then direct leadership role over them. I made my list a few years ago of a rebooted Acolytes, but in retrospect it has too much a 1990s-2000s flavor.

I would say mix and match members of what one might see as as traditional Brotherhood, Acolytes, and Hellfire team the way you have into one team and with the line being reduced to one book for likely some time keep the antagonist team to one for awhile, before making it more broad in time with say mutants wanting the domination of mankind having a schism with those who want a more mutant separatist/nationalist venture.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-13-2018 at 06:04 AM.

Now this is a intriuging team I want to see. What made you decide on these mutants bad@sses??

Who would be the writer and artist for this squad?