Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who Should be in the New Brotherhood of Evil Mutants?

Now that Magneto is back to being a bad guy, and Emma and the Stepford Cuckoos are now villains and that the Brotherhood were seen as saviors in the dystopian future that Magneto visited in X-men Blue #33 who would you have listed in your roster in case a new team does form in the future?

Personally I would choose: Magneto (Leader) Exodus, Elixir, Stepford Cuckoos, and Mystique

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

If anything, I may have replaced Magik with Monet, and added Deadpool, keeping everyone else included.

Otherwise, Magneto's recruits seemed good, and it's a Brotherhood I would like to read about. Especially with Bunn writing, since gritty characters are his thing, and he's not scared to go to the darker places. He did great with Sabretooth, and is doing great with Deadpool, both of whom other writers have turned into Jar Jar Binks.

Given this is a future story, and Marvel never really gets to those, I doubt we'll ever get to see Magneto's Brotherhood. That could even be viewed as a throwaway scene. But I did love it showing him getting a team back together.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-12-2018 at 07:27 AM.

idk if I'd call him a 'villain', Bunn seems to be bringing him down a very rigid, grey path. But as for the roster:

-Exodus
    -Elixir
    -The Sleepers
    -maybe the remaining Cuckoos?
    -Mondo
    -Toad
    -Daken
    -Briar Raleigh
    -Unuscionce

If Magneto is gonna make a new Brotherhood, it needs to be an army.

- Magneto
    - Briar
    - Exodus
    - Elixir
    - Cuckoos
    - Frenzy

M-Twins/M instead of Majik for sure.
    Glob instead of Blob.
    Where the heck is Daken?

They all need updated uniforms. Especially Unuscionce and Exodus.

All of my teams would have Mags as leader but he would work more behind the scenes like Xavier.
    My Brotherhood would consist of ( I got so many):

Dark Beast
    M-Twins
    Martha Johansson
    Glob
    Vincente
    Negasonic
    Miguela Torres

Exodus
    Threnody
    Amelia Voght
    Fatale
    Abyss
    Reaper
    Quicksilver

Phantazia
    Exodus
    Sabretooth
    M
    Daken
    One Cuckoo
    Vincente

Honorable mentions of X-Stacy. Toad (of course), Copycat, Wicked and Mondo. If Kwannon soon becomes available she gets a spot on all of my teams!!

Just thought of another good one..

Exodus
    Polaris
    Sabretooth
    Kwannon
    M
    Quicksilver
    Mondo
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 08-13-2018 at 07:47 PM.

Drop the Evil. That reeks of the Silver Age and a bit much. If they should do a new Brotherhood, it should be a team of antiheroes and not villians. They should be a team that we can root for here and see their motives and not flat out evil. I would actually have it led by Polaris instead. This was a pitch I had for X-men Blue but I think could work as a morally grey team that leans on being more aggressive and underhanded to ensure the protection of mutantkind

Maybe take Archangel out as that may not fit his narrative anymore. Bring back Vicente from Generation X/Next

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Drop the Evil. That reeks of the Silver Age and a bit much. If they should do a new Brotherhood, it should be a team of antiheroes and not villians. They should be a team that we can root for here and see their motives and not flat out evil. I would actually have it led by Polaris instead. This was a pitch I had for X-men Blue but I think could work as a morally grey team that leans on being more aggressive and underhanded to ensure the protection of mutantkind

Maybe take Archangel out as that may not fit his narrative anymore. Bring back Vicente from Generation X/Next

Agreed. No need for the "Evil" I want a botherhood I can kinda sometimes route for.

Like your team and I was toying with the idea of Polaris myself. Don't know about Emma serving under Mags but hopefully one day they can live as equals.

Obviously I agree that Vincente needs a comeback.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

IMO it would habe been nicer if there was a new updated version of the Acolytes instead of another Brotherhood.

Have on board former Acolytes Uniscione, Exodus, Senyaka plus Elixer and Esmé Cuckoo. Also... Vincente would be nice too.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

- Magneto
    - Cyclops
    - Emma
    - Quicksilver
    - Monet
    - Archangel
    - Magik

I love the idea of Magik in Magneto’s Brotherhood.
    Colossus became a member of the Acolytes in the 90’s and she’s always had a darker side.

Otherwise, I like M, Polaris, Exodus, Elixir, Unuscione & Daken as members.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    IMO it would habe been nicer if there was a new updated version of the Acolytes instead of another Brotherhood.

Have on board former Acolytes Uniscione, Exodus, Senyaka plus Elixer and Esmé Cuckoo. Also... Vincente would be nice too.
    I mean same difference, just a different name

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post

Otherwise, I like M, Polaris, Exodus, Elixir, Unuscione & Daken as members.
    Yes, that is a very strong roster and it works too. New editorial says they want strong antagonists. Well the strongest type of antagonists don't call themselves evil and have a legitimately different point of view who the audience can understand why they see things they way they do.

Right now it seems based on Jordan White's comments they are going towards pure old line Xavier's vision in terms of the X-Men so any kind of middle ground ideals or ideas of a mutant nation as X-Men Red has promoted are likely to disappear for the X-Men along with using lethal force.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-12-2018 at 01:49 PM.

BANNED

I quite like the idea of a larger Brotherhood, a group of like-minded mutants who have loyalty to him and his dream for mutantkind. Within this group, Erik would have allies who are advisors and friends, rather than soldiers (this would primarily apply to Exodus, Mystique + Briar). And I wouldn't necessarily have them be villains either. Radicalists, yes, but I don't quite consider anyone in this bunch to be evil (maybe Briar?) as most of them have redemptive qualities and motivations for their actions.

Exodus
    Elixir
    Briar Raleigh
    Amelia Voght
    Unuscione
    Random
    Mystique
    Toad
    Danger
    Daken
    Arclight
    Scalphunter
    Marrow
    Mondo
    Abyss
    Chimera
    Astra
    Gazing Nightshade

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

This is the idea that works best for me. The Brotherhood should stop being used as simple antagonist but more as proactive rivals.

Magneto
    Emma
    Exodus
    Fatale
    Frenzy
    Amelia Voght
    Daken
    Maverick (Agent Zero)