Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Drop the Evil. That reeks of the Silver Age and a bit much. If they should do a new Brotherhood, it should be a team of antiheroes and not villians. They should be a team that we can root for here and see their motives and not flat out evil. I would actually have it led by Polaris instead. This was a pitch I had for X-men Blue but I think could work as a morally grey team that leans on being more aggressive and underhanded to ensure the protection of mutantkind

Maybe take Archangel out as that may not fit his narrative anymore.
    Not a bad idea at all of a merged into one counterpoint team for the X-Men, especially if they are going for one title Uncanny X-Men for awhile. The Horseman sort of work as a sort term opponents of the X-Men, but their goals make Thanos seem reasonable so they never work well in the longer run as good antagonists.

Once the line branches out into multiple books again it might make sense to split them up into two separate teams say Brotherhood and Acolytes or Hellfire could be a replacement for one of them with Magneto in more of a godfather then direct leadership role over them. I made my list a few years ago of a rebooted Acolytes, but in retrospect it has too much a 1990s-2000s flavor.

I would say mix and match members of what one might see as as traditional Brotherhood, Acolytes, and Hellfire team the way you have into one team and with the line being reduced to one book for likely some time keep the antagonist team to one for awhile, before making it more broad in time with say mutants wanting the domination of mankind having a schism with those who want a more mutant separatist/nationalist venture.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-13-2018 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    In the 50s and 60s characters called themselves evil all the time to let the audience know they were the bad ones. Doom was much more interesting then Magneto back in the 60s because they let Doom be more of a Stalin figure who didn't exactly do that. Magneto was not all that popular until they moved him away from often clownish power hungry actions.
    I always thought Mystique's Brotherhood was the better one, especially when she managed to get them sanctioned by the US government as Freedom Force(top notch negotiation skills). Magneto didn't really start getting good until Claremont had a couple goes at him, and started to craft his backstory, during all of which he didn't have the BoEM with him. By the time he'd gone through his Michael Xavier and Hellfire Club roles, the Brotherhood was so far behind him that they created the Acolytes instead when he did finally revert to villainy in the post-Claremont 90's.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

• Magneto
    • Exodus
    • Unuscione
    • The Kleinstock Twins
    • Wildside
    • Dragoness
    • Thumbelina
    • Stinger
    • Freakshow

Spectacular Member

Make it KleinStock triplets , that’s much more better , like the 3 Stooges or the Beagle Boys or the RowdyRuff Boys hehehe

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

What the heck, let's try something offbeat:

1. Magneto
    2. The Goblin Queen (If Maddie has to be a villain, might as well make her one of the most badass; becomes inseparable friends with Bloodstorm)
    3. Bloodstorm
    4. Exodus
    5. Rogue (But is it the real Rogue, or a clone created by Pandemic?)
    6. Feral
    7. Countess (from A-Force)
    8. Tyros the Black (Yes, Terrax… because he's an alien and a mutant and the curve ball that the X-Men, Avengers, and whomever else would never see coming. In his culture, to take on the Black is the custom of fallen kings who seek personal redemption; impressed with Countess)
    9. Ember (Holly-Ann Ember, who, given Marvel's sliding timescale, can be much older than depicted in her 1985 first appearance; mass teleporter, time-slider)
    10. Frenzy (that “red rage” that she feels is actually Cyttorak’s blessing; she taps into it and becomes her own version of an irresistible force; flight, Hulk level strength, and the ability to channel the red rage into an omnidirectional wave of megaton scale fury)
    11. Akasha (the Living Pharaoh II revisited, albeit after becoming possessed bya dark spell found in the Book of the Dead)
    12. Dark Madrox (One of Jamie’s more sinister independent dupes; major bro romance with Mimic)
    13. Mimic (coupled with Dark Madrox, all the army that Magneto will ever need)

Magneto as the leader. This is a more classic team with additions that just feel right to me.

Toad
    Blob
    X-Stacy
    Sabretooth
    M
    Kwannon
    Exodus

For some reason I see X=Stacy. Blob and Toad being bffs
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 08-13-2018 at 07:59 PM.

double post

Drop the Evil. That reeks of the Silver Age and a bit much. If they should do a new Brotherhood, it should be a team of antiheroes and not villians. They should be a team that we can root for here and see their motives and not flat out evil. I would actually have it led by Polaris instead. This was a pitch I had for X-men Blue but I think could work as a morally grey team that leans on being more aggressive and underhanded to ensure the protection of mutantkind

Maybe take Archangel out as that may not fit his narrative anymore. Bring back Vicente from Generation X/Next

Now this is a intriuging team I want to see. What made you decide on these mutants bad@sses??

Who would be the writer and artist for this squad?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I don't think the Cuckoos *are* villains...? It seems like it's mostly a temporary misunderstanding going on in the X-23 book really that will probably get cleared up with both groups of clones gaining a better appreciation for each other and themselves.

As far as Emma Frost, villainizing her is beyond ludicrous

Magneto becoming "bad" is also dumb but I do realize that is a pretty embedded thing in the general consciousness whether or not it ought to be

Also the whole idea any org would call themselves "BoEM" again is... no. I hope not. That was retconned into an ironic title sometime during the 80s. Bringing it back literally just shows the regression in themes

Now I am not opposed to groups of mutants being in conflict or clashing over their values, beliefs etc. I just don't like when we always are told as readers who is "right" and "wrong". Present the sides and allow readers to wrestle with that ourselves

Maybe take Archangel out as that may not fit his narrative anymore. Bring back Vicente from Generation X/Next

Amazing. Also, a lot of you, now that I actually read this thread, put out some very compelling ideas.

I don't want to sound like too much of a negative nancy and just poopoo this totally so yeah I wanted to add that lol. Sorry if it came off, but yeah, I think a lot of you actually do "get it" and your ideas are very good
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 08-13-2018 at 10:28 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by MakubeX View Post
    Now this is a intriuging team I want to see. What made you decide on these mutants bad@sses??

Who would be the writer and artist for this squad?
    Like I said that was an original pitch for Blue and that team was linked to what Bunn has been doing on his runs across Uncanny v4 and Blue. All those characters were used by him

Writer/artist? The team on Uncanny. I dont think the Brotherhood need their own book as Id be fine with them being antagonists used within the main books

Get the original crew back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Get the original crew back together.
    So... Mastermind(dead), Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and Toad? Come on.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Magneto should stay an anti-hero. Mystique should lead the Brotherhood. Emma should lead the Hellfire Club with Sebastian Shaw. Joseph should lead the Acolytes.

As for the Brotherhood membership:

Mystique
    Toad
    Blob
    Unus
    Mesmero
    Last edited by KurtW95; 08-14-2018 at 02:50 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

double post
    Last edited by KurtW95; 08-14-2018 at 02:52 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Sorry to rez a near-dead thread, but I'd been working on an idea for a week or so and wanted to share it.

I don't like the name "Brotherhood" for the team. I get what it means, what it meant, but at this point I feel it's just not the right word. Magneto's a different character, mutants are a different people, and 2018 is a different time. I googled a synonym, and found "Fellowship" --which set my brain on fire with an idea: What if Magneto went BIG? Like Utopia or Hickman Avengers big, and had a goldang PLAN that rivaled Xavier's in scope and depth. What if he developed a system to actually care about the mutant "race"... and the mutants he tried to care about in the past, but failed?

Magneto distributes nine rings and nine purposes to leaders of the disenfranchised mutant community.

1. Thumbelina, who is given leadership of the political terrorist army known as the Mutant Liberation Front, now complemented by rosters of the Nasty Boys and Hell's Belles. She assigns missions to be carried out by small cells of operatives under strict rules to appear threatening, but absolutely no murders.

2. Frenzy, who is given leadership of the Acolytes, now based in Madripoor and set up like a "school" to train young or abused mutants. Several classic Acolytes now teach there, like Unuscione, the Kleinstock brothers, and Milan.

3. Callisto, who leads the tracker Caliban to find and give refuge to mutants, now on the global scale. The "Morlocks" are now an underground railroad that spans all continents, but keeps hubs in Madripoor, New York City, and Muir Isle.

4. Barbarus, who leads the Savage Land Mutates into creating a new nation state in Antartica. Rather than announce themselves to the world, his administration sends diplomatic emissaries to Wakanda and Atlantis to establish connections to other secretive, isolationist states.

5 & 6. The Fenris Twins, who lead an arm of HYDRA, and have connections throughout the world's elite using the Hellfire Club.

7. Blob, who stars in a reality television show "My Big Fat Supervillain Career". Rather than fight in other's wars, Fred Dukes road trips across America, visiting hospitals and schools and talking about his personal history as an exploited mutant. His mission is to turn public sentiment against mutants by being an approachable, friendly neighborhood Blob.

8. Lady Mastermind, who is awkwardly trying to turn her projective illusions into telepathic communications for...

9. Toad, who leads an elite team of Thumbelina's best fighters to become a "rival" supervillain team to carry out the most dangerous missions against factions that continue to exploit and abuse mutants. Toad's elite force consists of Slab, Flambe, Reaper, Dragoness, and the aforementioned Lady Mastermind.

Then Magneto gives five rings to his first class, the New Mutants.

1. Cannonball, who matches Toad's team of overt supervillainy by leading a team of covert superheroes --in tune with his experiences as part of Cable's X-Force. instead of the elite, Cannonball leads a crack team of his best friends and allies out of Forge's old base in Houston. This "M-Force" is Warpath, Bedlam, Rictor, and Shatterstar.

2. Wolfsbane, who runs the Muir Island mutant research facility and emergency medical unit for Callisto's Morlocks. To assist in her efforts, Wolvesbane is given Amelia Voght of the Acolytes and Brainchild of the Mutates, who drives her batty with his arrogance.

3. Sunspot, who runs Advanced Idea Mechanics alongside his leadership of the Hellfire Club in Brazil. From his position, he can observe where mutants are being exploited and abused among human attempts as weapons development.

4. Karma, who uses a secret Cerebro unit in Madripoor to globally monitor and communicate among her former teammates as well as protect younger mutants at the Acolyte School.

5. Link, who manages diplomatic relations between the Savage Land, Wakanda, Atlantis, and potential new connections, like Latveria.

Lastly, Magneto gives three rings to those with the most important roles. Only these three know Magneto's entire plan, the keepers of all his rings, and their missions.

1. Amelia Voght is given the task of teleporting mutants out of harm's way, both among the MLF, Toad's Elite, and the Morlocks. The strain of this task is immeasurable, and her mind is kept open for Karma to co-opt should the need arise.

2. Polaris is given the task of being a mutant rights leader on the international stage. Positioned as a personal line of defense against Magneto, she brings light to the fact that lives are saved and made better through mutant efforts. She works with Shola and Barbarus to develop a plan to go public with Savage Land's nation state.

3. Moonstar is given the task of tracking down rogue mutants who murder or otherwise destabilize the delicacy of Magneto's plan. With her expanded psychic powers and SHIELD connections, Moonstar is Magneto's secret weapon against evil mutants.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 08-20-2018 at 07:47 AM.