Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Gail Simone is Writing an All-Female Marvel Series

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...65179191726081

Let the speculation begin

Edit: I hope this wasn't referencing something she's already currently doing. What's going on with Domino?
    Last edited by Captain M; 08-12-2018 at 02:12 AM.

Don't know if this holds any importance at this point but this is something she said 2 years ago.

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...59830745853952

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...65179191726081

Let the speculation begin

Edit: I hope this wasn't referencing something she's already currently doing. What's going on with Domino?
    I hope it’s something new, but very possibly a reference to Domino, which has featured Dom, Outlaw and Diamondback as a team. The book has been GREAT.

Crossing fingers for a Lady Liberators series

BANNED

I think it's just in reference to Domino, which has Outlaw and Diamondback as supporting characters.

Wouldn't be opposed to her tackling A-Force though. So many female Avengers aren't in use, while Captain Marvel and a dumbed-down She-Hulk are the only ones getting any prominent panel time. I'd love to see Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch and Wasp get big roles beyond propping up other characters.

Domino, Outlaw, and Diamondback are a girl team called....

...The Posse...

...yep.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Domino, Outlaw, and Diamondback are a girl team called....

...The Posse...

...yep.

... I think we all know how this joke goes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I think it's just in reference to Domino, which has Outlaw and Diamondback as supporting characters.

Wouldn't be opposed to her tackling A-Force though. So many female Avengers aren't in use, while Captain Marvel and a dumbed-down She-Hulk are the only ones getting any prominent panel time. I'd love to see Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch and Wasp get big roles beyond propping up other characters.
    I'd love to see a new A-Force cover with 25 ladies who didn't make the first cover, but are still important, like Sue Storm, Kamala Khan, Laura Kinney, Kitty Pryde, Monica Rambeau, Neena Thurman, Melissa Gold, America Chavez, Kate Bishop, Emma Frost, Bobbi Morse, Valkyrie/Brunhilde, Gamora, Betsy Braddock, Greer Nelson, Lorna Dane, etc..

And yeah, a new A-Force run could indeed be fun. Or a Lady Liberators team. Is Thundra doing anything? She'd be perfect for such a team... Throw in some other out of work lady heroes, like Silk and Shuri and Dani Moonstar and Jocasta, and it could be fun.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    I hope it’s something new, but very possibly a reference to Domino, which has featured Dom, Outlaw and Diamondback as a team. The book has been GREAT.
    Given the context, that seems extremely likely. The "already" part feels like it's based on released material, not future material.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Marvel needs this, they have no ''answer'' to Birds of Prey.

My first thought is Domino, it's been a great book so far and seems to fit this description.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Bobbi and Nat, please. I wanna see those two develop into best friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    Marvel needs this, they have no ''answer'' to Birds of Prey.
    They go through attempts at making an all-female hero team as much as they do teen hero groups .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They go through attempts at making an all-female hero team as much as they do teen hero groups .
    Don't forget Superman wannabes and Legacy cases.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 08-12-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Yes, she was definitely talking about Domino, especially reading the replies.

But, I don't think it's a bad idea for Marvel to do something in the vein of a Birds of Prey title. Marvel only puts out a street-level/noir-tinged team book every once in a while. It's a niche that could stand to be filled. And if DC can turn their iconic Golden Age sidekick into a superspy with a flirty female spy partner, there's not much shame in Marvel borrowing a pitch from DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, none of the past attempts are that similar to BoP. Fearless Defenders, Adjectiveless X-Men 2012, and A-Force don't have the same kind of approach as BoP. Majorie Liu's Liberators pitch seemed a lot closer tonally.

At the very least, it's a little perplexing that Marvel hasn't put out some kind of spy team with all of the Marvel lady superspies, like that quoted tweet was saying. The gender ratio of the big espionage characters at Marvel is pretty skewed in favor of the women. Maybe they're concerned about being able to make the different characters stand out from each other in how they approach things, but most decent writers have been able to do that already.
    Last edited by responsarbre; 08-12-2018 at 01:04 PM.