Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I read the comment chain all the way to the end just because it was that good. All the suggestions were excellent, even some I hadn't considered! (Fabian Nicieza getting his digs in at Civil War ruining the New Warriors was much appreciated as well.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’d love to see her on a solo Spider-Woman solo. As long as it’s Secret Six Gail, and not Babsgirl Gail.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’d love to see her on a solo Spider-Woman solo. As long as it’s Secret Six Gail, and not Babsgirl Gail.
    Depending on what happens to Jessica Drew after Spider-Force (the Spidergeddon tie-in by Christopher Priest), that may be a distinct possibility. We can hope, at least.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

He would definitely suggest those characters (I think Domino is the only one he hasn't really used yet) .
    I don't think a Spider-Woman book by Simone would have as many different things working against it like Gail's Batgirl run did.

Granted I don't think a Spider-Woman book would probably be as editorially micro-managed as her Batgirl run was.

I've tweeted that to Gail so many times and I get the same response "I'm not familiar with the character" which to me means she has no interesting in writing Jess and it depresses me. I think Jess would be right up Gail's ally.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

She already is. It's called Domino.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I think it's just in reference to Domino, which has Outlaw and Diamondback as supporting characters.

Wouldn't be opposed to her tackling A-Force though. So many female Avengers aren't in use, while Captain Marvel and a dumbed-down She-Hulk are the only ones getting any prominent panel time. I'd love to see Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Scarlet Witch and Wasp get big roles beyond propping up other characters.
    I'd love to see a new A-Force cover with 25 ladies who didn't make the first cover, but are still important, like Sue Storm, Kamala Khan, Laura Kinney, Kitty Pryde, Monica Rambeau, Neena Thurman, Melissa Gold, America Chavez, Kate Bishop, Emma Frost, Bobbi Morse, Valkyrie/Brunhilde, Gamora, Betsy Braddock, Greer Nelson, Lorna Dane, etc..

And yeah, a new A-Force run could indeed be fun. Or a Lady Liberators team. Is Thundra doing anything? She'd be perfect for such a team... Throw in some other out of work lady heroes, like Silk and Shuri and Dani Moonstar and Jocasta, and it could be fun.

Mighty Member

I like that roster, although, I would probably replace jean grey with Jessica jones, drop jean and janet, and add spider woman on the team.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I've tweeted that to Gail so many times and I get the same response "I'm not familiar with the character" which to me means she has no interesting in writing Jess and it depresses me. I think Jess would be right up Gail's ally.
    OMGYESSS! Maybe we’ll be blessed enough to get Chelsea Cain or Becky Cloonan on a Spider-Woman book. Now I’m getting goosebumps for a Cloonan Spider-Drew book.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crud View Post
    Bobbi and Nat, please. I wanna see those two develop into best friends.
    Drew, Nat, and Silk

Web of Prey

is this series coming out yet?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I would have said so as well.

Of course, if we are going Secret Six then Black Widow seems an obvious choice.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...65179191726081

Let the speculation begin

Edit: I hope this wasn't referencing something she's already currently doing. What's going on with Domino?
    The Lady Liberators? Peter David might get mad (or Roy Thomas).

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I would have said so as well.

Of course, if we are going Secret Six then Black Widow seems an obvious choice.
    She is already off getting in trouble with Bucky they could give her a couple of more teammates.