Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Lois (and Jimmy) could both experience comic book adventures on a more regular basis than the cops of Gotham Central, provided you embraced one aspect of Metropolis that kind of flits in and out of existance every few years:

- Make Metropolis a crazy, Doctor Who-esque city of adventure.

Both Lois and Jimmy could hold a few backup series across Superman's titles for the longest time because they had absolutely nuts adventures, gaining powers, dealing with robots, and introducing stuff like the Fourth World. Bring that back: make Metropolis a city with weird little alleyways where Brainiac-viruses reformat stuff beyond a regular person's comprehension, where Intergang tries out stuff they got from Apokilips, where LexCorp and competitors play with things man was not meant to understand, and where occasionally, Kryptonian tech and human criminality come together.

There was that period where, for a while, Metorpolis had been reformatted by B-13 technology and everything was a sci-if landscape. Bring that back, but subdued a little, and have Lois experience adventures where something quieter than Superman's usual conflicts is discovered by Lois, and where she maybe has to build up her investigative-action-guile hero credentials.

Then have her come home and have Clark ask her how her day was.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I've been championing a Lois title for years, so if this turns out to be true I'll definitely give it an issue to impress me.

Don't care if its Black Label or not. Most of the best stories are out of continuity, and continuity itself is a total wreck these days anyway so it's not like that's got a lot of attraction for me. Actually, the freedom BL provides just might make this even better.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am shocked that DC doesn't already have a Lois Lane comic in this market, although Eddie Berganza being editor probably had a lot to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I've been championing a Lois title for years, so if this turns out to be true I'll definitely give it an issue to impress me.

Don't care if its Black Label or not. Most of the best stories are out of continuity, and continuity itself is a total wreck these days anyway so it's not like that's got a lot of attraction for me. Actually, the freedom BL provides just might make this even better.
    Wholeheartedly agree. Best parts of Rucka's WW Rebirth run were when he wasn't trying to "fix" the modern day status quo.

So ... is Lois Lane getting ANYTHING for her 80th anniversary year at all?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So ... is Lois Lane getting ANYTHING for her 80th anniversary year at all?
    not seeming likely, unless you count the upcoming big Lois issue coming in action. At least she'll get more spotlight next year

Attention has moved to Batman/'Tec's 1000th (which will likely make us Superman fans sick at how much bigger its celebrated), so it looks unlikely for anything particularly for Lois, at least in regards to a 1000th celebration.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El