Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I think he was being sarcastic.

BANNED

I think he was saying the penis and techno virus alone far outstrip anything Rachel has in terms of differentiation from Jean.

He wasn't being sexist.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Rachel has more shine than Bishop had in a long minute. Carey is to thank for that. Up til now, Rachel had Aaron, Wood, and to a lesser extent Bendis writing her. The only person who wrote Bishop last was Humphries. I have yet to see a writer use Bishop since. Cable was blessed with Spurrier after Hopeless left. The only person who got it worst than Bishop "the bish deserve it too" was Hope Spaulding
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Haven't you been following news? It's obviously about sexism

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Rachel was pretty prominent years back, the issue is that they dropped her for some reason while keeping in Cable and even Bishop despite him turning into a Baby Killer and Multi-Universe destroyer.

So it's not Rachel's fault there. To be known in modern times she needs to be utilized but they aren't doing that. At least certain writers refuse to.

I remember that panel where the guy asked why Rachel didn't end AvsX and the guys on the panel were clueless and couldn't give a good excuse for why Rachel didn't just end things.
    That's all Marvel's events in a nutshell, people who don't know a thing about characters they're writing writing them as completely incompetent idiots with a lot of plot induced stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Rachel has more shine than Bishop had in a long minute. Carey is to thank for that. Up til now, Rachel had Aaron, Wood, and to a lesser extent Bendis writing her. The only person who wrote Bishop last was Humphries. I have yet to see a writer use Bishop since. Cable was blessed with Spurrier after Hopeless left. The only person who got it worst than Bishop "the bish deserve it too" was Hope Spaulding
    He's been confirmed to Join Wanda, Beast and others in Genocidal Avengers club soon since he'll be joining UA
    Last edited by Tomppa; 05-02-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

^ Really? That's good to hear. I hope Remender does Lucas justice. Might start buying Uncanny Avengers then.
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Too powerful. This is why Cable always has some reason why he can never access his full power.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

High power can't be that hard to write, and if it really, really, is, should they be writers if they can't handle certain characters? Thor is too powerful! I'm replacing him with Tyr!

Fantastic Member

Rachel has the ability to move through time which is how she got to Earth 616 and has superior tracking skills which she used to locate mutants in the future. But all we get from writers are telepathy and telekinesis thus making her Jean-lite. Back in her early Uncanny X-Men and also Excalibur she was a hothead and unpredictable other than whining about her mother. The character has some pretty cool characteristics but only Claremont, way back when, ever bothered to delve into them.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Bishop on the Unity Team?

What?

He's killed more people than Wanda!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    I think he was saying the penis and techno virus alone far outstrip anything Rachel has in terms of differentiation from Jean.

He wasn't being sexist.
    Not saying he is but I'm not agreeing with him there as Rachel is her own character and not Jean 2.0 just like how Hope isn't Jean 2.0. Hell Jeen doesn't even feel like Jean ad she's literally Jean 0.5.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-02-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Oh my god isn't this the question of the day! Rachel is one of the most underrated and important characters in the X-Universe. It pissed me off that they replaced her with Bishop in the DOFP storyline in the animated series, and the fact that they replaced her with a demoted Kitty to further center on Wolverine in the film.

Though it makes sense why she's always ignored, writers/producers are sexist as hell and only see Rachel as a poor man's Jean Grey. If anyone took the time to read her history, I don't know who wouldn't be impressed by her character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Bishop on the Unity Team?

What?

He's killed more people than Wanda!
    He should fit in very nicely with that group of hypocrites (minus Rogue). Like Wanda, Bishop will never have to suffer for his genocidal crimes and will be fully backed by the Government. Ugh, it pisses me off that Scott is a wanted criminal for defending himself, yet those two can run around freely.

BANNED

Becuz Cable has BLOOOOOD AND GUUUUUUNNNNZZZZZZZ.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    High power can't be that hard to write, and if it really, really, is, should they be writers if they can't handle certain characters? Thor is too powerful! I'm replacing him with Tyr!
    Problem is u have to match high power with high power, otherwise there is no suspense or a sense of danger. No challenge. This is why u see Cable and Bishop used more, they're easier to insert into a story with out breaking the power bar.

High power can be hard to write. Uberly powerful characters often tend to be boring because they are so powerful, and their power doesn't always fit the power scale of a story. So they can't just be easily inserted into story or put on a team. Thor often suffers because of this. Luckily he's pretty popular.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-03-2014 at 01:11 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post

He wasn't being sexist.
    Cable and Jean has pretty much zero similarities(since he lost his tp/tk). He has more in common with Rachel than with Jean

BANNED

Rachel and Bishop are the best time travellers.

Cable needs to time travel back to the 90s and stay there where he belongs.