Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    She does not need to leave the X-Verse she just needs a writer who wants to use her. She's had her moments but a big part of her problem right now is the JGS itself. That place is a disaster for almost all of the characters there. All of the staff have been written for the past few years as if their whole lives revolved around the school (rather than it be an accent as it was when the school concept didn't suck).

What she needs is the same thing Storm needs, a kick-ass heroic adventure away from the school and students and all of that crap where she can cut loose (and hopefully not be romantically involved with a genocidal parasite who murdered her mother). Woods X-Men was on the right track but its just been painfully slow.
    Isn't Storm going to do just that though ? Leaving the X-verse to roam in the broader Marvel Universe ? At least that's how I interpreted it in the interviews. So, why not Rachel ?
    I mean, we are all on the same page here about her being mishandled in Wood's X-men, and that's the best showing she currently has.
    I'd rather have her baby-sit her alt-futur husband on various space/science adventures rather than being dragged down like she is at the moment.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    rachel should stay as far away from franklin as possible. she's a grown woman and he's a little child. it's obscene.
    There's a future Franklin who used to show up in Hickman's FF, and again in the Rogue Planet issue of Avengers, things don't need to go South right away you know.
    And even then,I'm pretty sure Rachel is not the kind of person to creep on a younger version of a former love interest at night, in his bedroom...is she ?
    Come on, she received a better education than that.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

essentially, rachel needs to get a life.
    Pretty much this. Rachel is the well meaning child who spent way too much of her time trying to make mommy and daddy happy and never rebelled and spent time trying to figure out what she really cared about. Kids NEED to do that at some point otherwise they'll flounder for years, much like Rachel's doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Hence, have her take a leave of absence far away from the X-verse.
    Why not with the FF ?
    That could work so long as she's somewhere that people are paying attention to. The thing about Rachel spending time away from the X-Men is that it's something she does on annual basis. Problem is it's because she's been shunted across time and/or space. Sometimes we get to see what she's out there doing. Sometimes we don't. Either way it doesn't matter because it ultimately becomes a footnote in her history whenever she comes back to Earth and resumes her dead end job as the team's walkie talkie. She needs to be where the action is and not on yet another inter-dimensional road trip.

BANNED

Rachel needz to go back to banging Iron Fist.

I freaking love you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    Rachel needz to go back to banging Iron Fist.
    Rachel as a love interest for Danny Rand in his new solo book could be cool. But when was she banging him? I don't recall.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Rachel as a love interest for Danny Rand in his new solo book could be cool. But when was she banging him? I don't recall.
    They totally hooked up at Northstar's wedding. Rachel also made Danny her bitch during AVX but that was a little (although not entirely) different. :3

And even then,I'm pretty sure Rachel is not the kind of person to creep on a younger version of a former love interest at night, in his bedroom...is she ?
    she is her father's daughter.

Which father? Both candidates are kind of creepy in that regard...

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Isn't Storm going to do just that though ? Leaving the X-verse to roam in the broader Marvel Universe ? At least that's how I interpreted it in the interviews. So, why not Rachel ?
    I mean, we are all on the same page here about her being mishandled in Wood's X-men, and that's the best showing she currently has.
    I'd rather have her baby-sit her alt-futur husband on various space/science adventures rather than being dragged down like she is at the moment.
    Having her leave is a step up from what she has now, no argument. I just think it would be kinda shitty that the only way a JGS X-Man can get a good showing is to leave X-Verse. I'd much rather have the perpetually pointless JGS staff actually go do something interesting.

BANNED

OMG Future Franklin Richards from Hickman's Fantastic Four should have totally hooked up with Rachel!

BANNED

Don't even get me started on Bishop. Bishop is going to be written by Remender. That is a fate worse than death for mutant characters in that drek he calls a comic book.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Don't even get me started on Bishop. Bishop is going to be written by Remender. That is a fate worse than death for mutant characters in that drek he calls a comic book.

o
    when is this happening? bishop seems right up remender's alley.

BANNED

when is this happening? bishop seems right up remender's alley.
    Whenever this stupid arc is concluding. Marvel has been hinting at this for a while and it sucks for any Bishop fan.

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post

o
    Really? Wow Marvel really hates Bishop eh? Sucks him and Rachel are my favorite Time Travellers