Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    RYV...adios.
    We're still getting the RYV characters for the rest of the year, Annie's parents will be on the front lines while Spiderling teams with Mayday and Anya. We'll either see a relaunch or Annie gets her own book

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    We're still getting the RYV characters for the rest of the year, Annie's parents will be on the front lines while Spiderling teams with Mayday and Anya. We'll either see a relaunch or Annie gets her own book
    Annie in her own book? Can't see that selling. RYV has been a steady downhill slide in quality. Can't say I'll miss it. Had hopes for PPSSM, but not with Bacholo on it. Put Yost or someone on it & make it matter. It isn't even in continuity right now. Editors need to clean this up.

BANNED

Annie in her own book? Can't see that selling. RYV has been a steady downhill slide in quality.
    The quality has picked up in the last arc, even if the art's been terrible.

Annie in her own book? Can't see that selling. RYV has been a steady downhill slide in quality. Can't say I'll miss it. Had hopes for PPSSM, but not with Bacholo on it. Put Yost or someone on it & make it matter. It isn't even in continuity right now. Editors need to clean this up.
    Annie in her own book would basically just be Spider-Girl with a different Parker daughter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Annie in her own book would basically just be Spider-Girl with a different Parker daughter.
    Yeah, the only reason it'd be different is if MJ remains Spinnerett, but that depends on Peter's survival in Spidergeddon

That and the fact the X-Men are still who we know, as are the Avengers. In Mayday's series they were both next generation teams, X-People and A-Next.

If Peter does get killed, couldn't MJ just have her suit reprogrammed to use Annie's powers? Apart from her precog ability in place of standard spider-sense, they have the same powerset.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The quality has picked up in the last arc, even if the art's been terrible.
    I'd agree on that.

What's wrong with that?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What's wrong with that?
    Nothing really, but if you're going to do a Spider-Girl book with almost the exact same premise why not just use the original ?

Nothing really, but if you're going to do a Spider-Girl book with almost the exact same premise why not just use the original ?
    Because this one has a different kid? Because this one has a setting where the whole Parker family is in the superhero game, not just the kid? Because the old series has moved past its roots as a second-gen teen Spidey series?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Because this one has a different kid? Because this one has a setting where the whole Parker family is in the superhero game, not just the kid? Because the old series has moved past its roots as a second-gen teen Spidey series?
    But if you're focusing purely on Annie then it would probably not come off as differently because you would have to focus on her solo adventures rather then have her parents tagging along, while still fulfilling roles similar to the ones MC2 Peter and MJ did.

I'm pretty sure Mayday's still (inexplicably) in high school, so I don't think she's really moved past her roots as a second-gen teen Spidey series. She just hasn't had a book in a long while.

BANNED

I'm pretty sure Mayday's still (inexplicably) in high school, so I don't think she's really moved past her roots as a second-gen teen Spidey series. She just hasn't had a book in a long while.
    The timescales with the alternate realities rarely make sense...if they did, Annie would still be a kid and not aged up. The only universe that we know has a definitive reason to be the way it's been is the newspaper strip.

But if you're focusing purely on Annie then it would probably not come off as differently because you would have to focus on her solo adventures rather then have her parents tagging along, while still fulfilling roles similar to the ones MC2 Peter and MJ did.

Not sure I see the problem.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Not sure I see the problem.
    I never said it was a problem per se, just why I'm not really itching to see an Annie solo series, which I feel would be more or less "been there done that."

I never said it was a problem per se, just why I'm not really itching to see an Annie solo series, which I feel would be more or less "been there done that."
    Fair enough.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

The timescales with the alternate realities rarely make sense...if they did, Annie would still be a kid and not aged up. The only universe that we know has a definitive reason to be the way it's been is the newspaper strip.
    They should've changed the X-Men's costumes. They certainly didn't keep the 90s look for eight years in-universe in 616. It was only about nine years in real life, which is three at the most in-universe. So why have they kept them for more than eight years in the RYV world?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman