Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah, what I didn't get is why they didn't just have Diana as a teacher or something? then they could have Cassie and/or Donna as her students. But I guess if the guys paying for it to be done want it a certain way... meh :/
    But they really can't have Diana be "old" because she needs to be a contemporary to the other girls. Teacher dolls don't sell.
    Donna could be introduced later though... she could even be close in age, but just slightly younger (twin, younger sister...)

Donna always gets the shaft. I hate it. She should be in EVERY iteration of the Titans. She was a co-founder.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I want them to save Wonder Girl for a television series. She could be infinitely more accessible than Wonder Woman herself because she's an American teenager and that audience may better relate to her than an adult Amazon from Themyscira.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    ....Donna always gets the shaft.
    Yes, she does, and it stinks.
    ...She should be in EVERY iteration of the Titans. She was a co-founder.
    Not precisely.
    images.jpg
    She was there from the beginning of the feature in The Brave and The Bold,
    images.jpg
    ...but not from the original story. Much the same way it was handled in the Young Justice Toon.

Maybe in the movie version Donna is Diana’s daughter?

That's possible. WW 1984 is set 34 years ago, so WW3 could be set in the present and introduce Donna, who would be born around 2005. She would then go team up with Nightwing (who's meant to get his own solo film) in a Teen Titans live action film.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I pity the poor bastard who would have to make a Donna Troy movie.

But I don't think either Wonder Girl has enough going for them to warrant a spin off film. They haven't impacted the actual comics franchise that much, especially Donna who is mostly a Titans character with ties to WW that got irreparably damaged when she was cut off from it. Donna needs the WW mythos more than it needs her. The rest of the Fab 5 Titans (Dick and Wally in particular), Batgirl and Supergirl do not have the near non-presence in their respective franchises the Wonder Girls have.

One is they need to retcon that whole new 52 origin and make sure that she was adopted by Diana. Any other Wonder Woman mythos to be added?

But they really can't have Diana be "old" because she needs to be a contemporary to the other girls. Teacher dolls don't sell.
    Donna could be introduced later though... she could even be close in age, but just slightly younger (twin, younger sister...)

Donna always gets the shaft. I hate it. She should be in EVERY iteration of the Titans. She was a co-founder.
    Well, aside from the editorial mandate, they didn't NEED to write a teen WW. but... SHG has a lot of characters written as teens that usually aren't. Like Shiva, whose character doesn't make sense as a teen.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, aside from the editorial mandate, they didn't NEED to write a teen WW. but... SHG has a lot of characters written as teens that usually aren't. Like Shiva, whose character doesn't make sense as a teen.
    I meant a teen WW as apposed to being the adult/teacher. WW has to be a contemporary if she's in it. The 'teacher' dolls wouldn't sell, and WW would be the "old one." They can still bring Donna in as a sister.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

But I don't think either Wonder Girl has enough going for them to warrant a spin off film. They haven't impacted the actual comics franchise that much, especially Donna who is mostly a Titans character with ties to WW that got irreparably damaged when she was cut off from it. Donna needs the WW mythos more than it needs her. The rest of the Fab 5 Titans (Dick and Wally in particular), Batgirl and Supergirl do not have the near non-presence in their respective franchises the Wonder Girls have.
    Wonder Girl adds something to the proceedings, if she didn't she wouldn't have appeared twice in the tv series. The producers would've let a one and done be enough.

WW WG DW 2.1.jpg

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Wonder Girl adds something to the proceedings, if she didn't she wouldn't have appeared twice in the tv series. The producers would've let a one and done be enough.

WW WG DW 2.1.jpg
    Wasn't she not even Donna Troy though?

Wasn't she not even Donna Troy though?
    She was literally Diana's younger sister and named Drusilla. https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Drusilla_(...man_TV_Series) One weird plot detail is that her actual age is over 700. So the moniker wonder Girl doesn't make a lot of sense. She apparently looked young enough to pass as a teenager... personally I wouldn't believe she was a day under 16. IRL the actress(Debra Winger) who played Drusilla was over 20.

They've made movies and t.v. shows based on characters with less. The Supergirl movie used almost entirely new mythology and the majority of her show's characters and plots is stuff taken from Superman.

Why? If there is one thing that should be clear from all the adaptations (or the comics, for that matter), it is that any new work isn't beholden to the previous ones except when they want to.

If nothing else, pick one backstory that provides the elements you need and add your own seasoning.

Now, I doubt there will be a Donna Troy movie, but a Teen Titans tv series with Donna as a leading role? That I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Why? If there is one thing that should be clear from all the adaptations (or the comics, for that matter), it is that any new work isn't beholden to the previous ones except when they want to.

If nothing else, pick one backstory that provides the elements you need and add your own seasoning.

Now, I doubt there will be a Donna Troy movie, but a Teen Titans tv series with Donna as a leading role? That I can see.
    There actually is a Titans series this fall with Donna, where she is coming in later in Season 1, and full time on Season 2. I wonder what her origin will be. It seems she was, at the very least, a founder of the Teen Titans (she has a prior relationship with Robin) and may be reluctant to join the new team at first. No idea what her origin will be though... but maybe it will be simple, and maybe it will stick.