Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Good to hear.

Now, I don't expect Donna's origin used there will necessarily stick to the comics, but at least it we can hope it will stick around to the next season. And it might inspire a future comics writer to pick one of the old origins and developing that.

I mean if it had to be for the movies they could honestly have Diana adopting Donna as her daughter

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Good to hear.

Now, I don't expect Donna's origin used there will necessarily stick to the comics, but at least it we can hope it will stick around to the next season. And it might inspire a future comics writer to pick one of the old origins and developing that.
    I don't either... but,TV writers like to simplify things. So it would be WONDERGIRLFUL id they did, and then the comics borrowed from it (like they tend to do at ole' DC.)

OMGS could you imagine if we learned of a new origin for her every season... THAT would be like the comics. GODS. haha
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean if it had to be for the movies they could honestly have Diana adopting Donna as her daughter
    If I had to put money on it, I would say that they will never make Diana a mother, because boys don't think mom's are sexy or some other sexist 4th grade BS.

Besides, an intro for Donna would fit perfectly in 1984... a mid credit scene where Diana saves a baby from a fire... a second mid credit scene in court with Diana Prince where they declare the baby indigent, with no family... then an END credit scene showing Diana handing the baby over to Hippolyta. Donna wouldn't age at a normal rate, so she could easily be a teen in 2020.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    If I had to put money on it, I would say that they will never make Diana a mother, because boys don't think mom's are sexy or some other sexist 4th grade BS.

Besides, an intro for Donna would fit perfectly in 1984... a mid credit scene where Diana saves a baby from a fire... a second mid credit scene in court with Diana Prince where they declare the baby indigent, with no family... then an END credit scene showing Diana handing the baby over to Hippolyta. Donna wouldn't age at a normal rate, so she could easily be a teen in 2020.
    That's stupid, Gal Gadot is the mom of two kid so is many major Hollywood actress. Donna could even be Diana and Steve Trevor's daughter. They could hint at end of movie Diana is pregnant.
    Personally, I am all for Donna being Diana younger sister which Hippolyta creates after Diana leaves Island even though, all Greek gods being Dead is a major problem

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    That's stupid, Gal Gadot is the mom of two kid so is many major Hollywood actress. Donna could even be Diana and Steve Trevor's daughter. They could hint at end of movie Diana is pregnant.
    Personally, I am all for Donna being Diana younger sister which Hippolyta creates after Diana leaves Island even though, all Greek gods being Dead is a major problem
    I mean can the Amazons use magic in the movie? Honestly due to it being a movie why couldn't she be the mother of Donna?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    She was literally Diana's younger sister and named Drusilla. https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Drusilla_(...man_TV_Series) One weird plot detail is that her actual age is over 700. So the moniker wonder Girl doesn't make a lot of sense. She apparently looked young enough to pass as a teenager... personally I wouldn't believe she was a day under 16. IRL the actress(Debra Winger) who played Drusilla was over 20.
    Did they not bother looking past the first few issues of Teen Titans and not realise she had a name, so they made one up?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I mean can the Amazons use magic in the movie? Honestly due to it being a movie why couldn't she be the mother of Donna?
    I think Donna should be some other race instead of White like Asian, Indian, latino or Black so that WW franchise get new audience. Diana adopting a baby or Hippolyta making a new baby might work(Nubia).

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did they not bother looking past the first few issues of Teen Titans and not realise she had a name, so they made one up?
    You mean Donna Troy? It's possible they decided they wanted to use a different origin story than Donna's. So instead of changing Donna's origin they made a new character.

I think Donna should be some other race instead of White like Asian, Indian, latino or Black so that WW franchise get new audience. Diana adopting a baby or Hippolyta making a new baby might work(Nubia).
    With the Amazons generally being a number of races. Why not something near where the Amazons are? They are generally close to the black sea. So any of those countries would work. Why not have Donna in the comics just wash ashore on paradise island?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The comic book Wonder Girl was originally based on the past stories of Wonder Woman as a girl/teen; it wasn't until somebody later realized that that they came up with the "Donna Troy" idea.
    And I believe the "Drusilla" version of Wonder Girl appeared in the first season of Wonder Woman which was set during WWII (when the show was on the ABC network), which pre-dated the time-period when "Donna Troy" would have been around on Earth.

FYI, there's an article on Wikipedia linking TV's Drusilla to a 1969 Wonder Woman comic book character of the same name.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The comic book Wonder Girl was originally based on the past stories of Wonder Woman as a girl/teen; it wasn't until somebody later realized that that they came up with the "Donna Troy" idea.
    And I believe the "Drusilla" version of Wonder Girl appeared in the first season of Wonder Woman which was set during WWII (when the show was on the ABC network), which pre-dated the time-period when "Donna Troy" would have been around on Earth.

FYI, there's an article on Wikipedia linking TV's Drusilla to a 1969 Wonder Woman comic book character of the same name.
    It is possible they're meant to be the same person. *looks at disambig page* hunh found two more! Earth-462's Wonder Girl was seen in only a single panel, but wore the same costume and had the same name. And... Cassie Sandsmark once used the alias "Drusilla Priam".. heheeh

Yes, it's stupid. But it's not my stupid. I'm just pointing it out. If you're not understanding my point, please re-read it. I don't appreciate being called stupid.
    (And Gal being a mother is not Wonder Woman being a mother... I don't think these same people would ever make that connection.)

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Yes, it's stupid. But it's not my stupid. I'm just pointing it out. If you're not understanding my point, please re-read it. I don't appreciate being called stupid.
    (And Gal being a mother is not Wonder Woman being a mother... I don't think these same people would ever make that connection.)
    I am sorry. But that may be the reason why Diana don't have kids compared to Batman or Superman.

I am sorry. But that may be the reason why Diana don't have kids compared to Batman or Superman.
    Agree. I think it's exactly why... because some people have outdated, immature, sexist notions about mother's and sexuality/ sex appeal. (If people thought about it for 2 seconds, they'd come so the same conclusion you did... Gal is a mother of 2... and was pregnant during filming... and is sexy and bad-ass, like many mothers.)