Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Oh, i'll never forgive Bendis and Loeb for what they did to Quill, Richard Rider and Thanos. I don't care if Loeb made good stories like the Long Halloween and Superman For All Seasons in the past. I'll never buy a comic written by them ever again. I'm basically the Superboy Prime of Marvel Cosmic.
    This posts really says it all.

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    YES!

Bring back this costume!
    I agree. I would love to see the classic uniform as well as the modified personality that Quill had in the Marvel Preview B/W issues. It would be great to see 'ship' restored as well.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nevets View Post
    This posts really says it all.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post
    I agree. I would love to see the classic uniform as well as the modified personality that Quill had in the Marvel Preview B/W issues. It would be great to see 'ship' restored as well.
    I still like the DnA costume more. That Killzone style mask is gorgeous.

Don't do it Humpries Star-lord is worse than MCU Star-Lord. I'm waiting for the Old Man Quill series.
    Thanks for the feedback! What about Zdarskys run?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! What about Zdarskys run?
    More of the same.

What do you think of Old Man Quill so far?

I think the MCU Guardians is pretty close to DNA's Guardians, although they turned the joking up to "11" on the dial.

Mantis is nearly unrecognizable. I don't think they did Gamora too bad. I do miss Quill's often serious demeanor. He understood the stakes in the comics, and he doesn't seem to, really, in the movies. Drax is somewhat different, though not too much different than what Starlin did with him in Silver Surfer.

I forgive Loeb since he did so well with Marvel's Netflix offerings.

Mostly though, I miss the Australian Rocket that we met on TV's Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes!

"He's the Starlord! Respect him!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    I think the MCU Guardians is pretty close to DNA's Guardians, although they turned the joking up to "11" on the dial.

Mantis is nearly unrecognizable. I don't think they did Gamora too bad. I do miss Quill's often serious demeanor. He understood the stakes in the comics, and he doesn't seem to, really, in the movies. Drax is somewhat different, though not too much different than what Starlin did with him in Silver Surfer.

I forgive Loeb since he did so well with Marvel's Netflix offerings.

Mostly though, I miss the Australian Rocket that we met on TV's Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes!

"He's the Starlord! Respect him!"
    I don't think they did right by Gamora.

She's supposed to be the Most Deadly Woman in the Galaxy but in the movies she comes off more like the token girl on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they did right by Gamora.

She's supposed to be the Most Deadly Woman in the Galaxy but in the movies she comes off more like the token girl on the team.
    I never really could figure out where Starlin came up with that title. Her powers and strength have never been clear. She did fine in the Guardians movies. Really only Thanos took her down. That's not too different than the books.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

DnA Guardians were great. The movie Guardians are also great.

They SHOULD be two separate things but unfortunately synergy had to happen. It’s understandable, though, as it was a big success in terms of film.

The DnA cosmic run has really been trodden on and pretty much disrespected. I don’t know why, as soooo many regard it as THE cosmic run.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

They SHOULD be two separate things but unfortunately synergy had to happen. It’s understandable, though, as it was a big success in terms of film.

The DnA cosmic run has really been trodden on and pretty much disrespected. I don’t know why, as soooo many regard it as THE cosmic run.
    A lot of DNA's stuff has been kind of disregarded or had dangling plots resolved in ways that didn't make too much sense with what went on in DNA's work.

I'm looking at you and the Guardians, Bendis, and Loeb's Nova, the background of which is heartbreaking. The same applies to you too, especially, Hickman, and what you did with the Inhumans. Although, I guess basically the whole company muffed it on the Inhumans, which is sad considering how good of shape DNA left them in for future use.

I think the movies are pretty recognizable as DnA's Guardians. Only Quill and Mantis have really been changed, Quill not so radically, just a bit too much.

I think Giffen doesn't get enough credit either. He teed it up pretty well for DNA.

I think DnA's cosmic Marvel, which was a direct growth out of Starlin's Thanos then Giffen's Thanos and Annihilation, was the last thing Marvel did that I really loved.
    Last edited by Brian B; 03-18-2019 at 11:22 PM.

What do you think of Old Man Quill so far?
    I’m enjoying the heck out of it! Action packed and intriguing, I haven’t read any of the other Old Man stories but know enough about them to see this story is connecting to that world.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

I am a big fan of DNA’s run on Guardians and it was that run that cemented Quill as one of my favorite Marvel characters. With that being said, I agree that they should be separate things. However I do really hate how Quill is portrayed as an idiot man child in the films. I also hate how that bled over into the comics for years! Thankfully it seems that Cates is correcting that.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    A lot of DNA's stuff has been kind of disregarded or had dangling plots resolved in ways that didn't make too much sense with what went on in DNA's work.

I'm looking at you and the Guardians, Bendis, and Loeb's Nova, the background of which is heartbreaking. The same applies to you too, especially, Hickman, and what you did with the Inhumans. Although, I guess basically the whole company muffed it on the Inhumans, which is sad considering how good of shape DNA left them in for future use.

I think the movies are pretty recognizable as DnA's Guardians. Only Quill and Mantis have really been changed, Quill not so radically, just a bit too much.

I think Giffen doesn't get enough credit either. He teed it up pretty well for DNA.

I think DnA's cosmic Marvel, which was a direct growth out of Starlin's Thanos then Giffen's Thanos and Annihilation, was the last thing Marvel did that I really loved.
    I don't think Starlin and DnA have that much in common storytelling wise.

Starlin's cosmic Is about surreal stories with trippy imagery where the main character (usually Thanos or Warlock) interacts with abstract and metaphorical entities while monologuing about how deep and philosophical they are. Kinda like Grant Morrison's Vertigo stuff.

DnA's cosmic Is about violent action packed space opera with large scale battles with big starships and a gritty atmosphere and heroes who have no qualms killing the bad guys in a gory way, kinda like certain parts of Star Wars Legends or Warhammer 40.000. (Dan Abnett even wrote plenty of Warhmmer stories) Notice also how the cosmic entities, with the exception of Galactus, Aegis and Tenebrous are completely absent from DnA's stories.
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 06-30-2019 at 05:28 AM.