Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Great stuff,I liked this version of the DCU.As for the Bat-gun what's the big deal? It's art.
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt

Bermejo's art is even better than usual. So far, the setting is haunting and i'm really intrigued by what is happening. I like Azzarello's voice for Constantine too, but unlike a lot of people, I do like his hellblazer run.

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    The majority of American males are circumcised. It started after WWII.
    Oh I see. I think that happened in Australia too but apparently there was some article that said circumsision wasn’t that safe so men before then are more likely to be circumsized and men after then are likely to be uncut

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Bruce is matrilineality Jewish, since the Kanes are a Jewish family. In a way, it makes sense he'd be cut, even if he's non-practicing.
    Fascinating, batdick needs its own spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by Jcady59 View Post
    Well Bruce is certainly bigger than Nightwing that’s for sure.
    Has Nightwing gone full frontal yet? Or does that happen in issue #2

Art was pretty, story was garbage.

Its a decent mystery and a backdoor pilot for Justice League dark.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    It's up to 49 now, and the price, like Batman, is rising.
    I got one for $7 plus $4 shipping. Hopefully it's the first print since it shipped yesterday. I was going to wait for the TPB, but DC said they were going to edit it...which is dumb for a black label book. But it drives up the value and demand for this issue......kind of wondering what will be in #2 & #3 now lol

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I got one for $7 plus $4 shipping. Hopefully it's the first print since it shipped yesterday. I was going to wait for the TPB, but DC said they were going to edit it...which is dumb for a black label book. But it drives up the value and demand for this issue......kind of wondering what will be in #2 & #3 now lol
    Also wonder if they're gonna add something like, topless Catwoman, and then go back and edit it out. Why make the Black Label if they're just gonna backpedal?

They may even change Black Label to just mean more violence, swearing, references to drugs and sex but no actual nudity. Shadows or not.

I mean this whole mess was due to DC trying to be bold and then wimping out. Basically you cussing out your boss, then trying to apologize and take it back.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Apparently the Bat-dick will be removed from all future reprintings.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    Also wonder if they're gonna add something like, topless Catwoman, and then go back and edit it out. Why make the Black Label if they're just gonna backpedal?

They may even change Black Label to just mean more violence, swearing, references to drugs and sex but no actual nudity. Shadows or not.

I mean this whole mess was due to DC trying to be bold and then wimping out. Basically you cussing out your boss, then trying to apologize and take it back.
    that's what I'm wondering there could be something bigger coming in issues 2 & 3 this could just be the tip

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Apparently the Bat-dick will be removed from all future reprintings.
    it's censorship

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    Bermejo's art is even better than usual. So far, the setting is haunting and i'm really intrigued by what is happening. I like Azzarello's voice for Constantine too, but unlike a lot of people, I do like his hellblazer run.
    I agree. Love the setting. Feels like a really good follow up to Joker. Can't wait to see it's versions of swampthing and Etrigan.

Amazing Member

Anyone know the print number break down on this?

On a side note- I wonder how much the whole "we will censor future printings" of this caused the mad run on the book to sell out within 3 days. Ebay scalpers must be having a field day.

So I finally read the book. My god, how does Azzarello keep getting work? His dialogue is a slog! Like most of his stuff, the story itself is good but someone else needs to put his Shakespearean talk on a leash. Street smart Zattanna was an interesting change. And the sub-plot about Thomas Wayne was interesting. It takes the saintly feel off his parents. It will be interesting to see if this is a real memory or just a magic induced illusion. This being Black Label I'm assuming this is a real memory. Enchantress looking like the movie version was pretty good. Made her easily recognizable.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbruns View Post
    Anyone know the print number break down on this?

On a side note- I wonder how much the whole "we will censor future printings" of this caused the mad run on the book to sell out within 3 days. Ebay scalpers must be having a field day.
    Kind of defeats the purpose of having an "adult" label if you're just going to censor them in re-printings.
    Assassinate Putin!

I find it hilarious that DC can print a Graphic novel during the 90s featuring Ollie and Dinah having sex with Dinahs ass and **** out but now we see Batmans dick in shadow they freak out.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I find it hilarious that DC can print a Graphic novel during the 90s featuring Ollie and Dinah having sex with Dinahs ass and **** out but now we see Batmans dick in shadow they freak out.
    Because it's Dinah's ass and **** hanging out. If it was Ollie's dick, the book would have banned.