Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Default Batman: Damned Preview (Black Label)

https://screenrant.com/batman-damned...w-constantine/

Our first full preview of Brian Azzarello and Lee Bermejo's Batman: Damned (a bi-monthly three parter IIRC) for DC's Black Label. Opens with Batman in a bit of a pickle... to put it lightly.

Damned, for the uninitiated, is an out of continuity story where Batman investigates the death of the Joker with the "help" of none other than John Constantine. Other DC supernatural players will be showing up, including Deadman and Zatanna who Bermejo seems to have given a street magician themed redesign.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 08-13-2018 at 01:07 AM.

This artwork is really nice but I'm not too sold on the story or the choice of text they're using just yet.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

I got to check out the readers’ proof (no dialogue) at my LCS. Let’s just say, there was more of Bruce Wayne than I ever expected to see in my life.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I straight up hate that Zatanna. We go from a classy stage magician to a grimy street hustler ? Really ! Just make a new street level Magician. Yes I know its non canon, I still dont like it.

Mighty Member

Super excited! This is one of my favorite artist/writer combo's. Their Bat work is among my favorite Batverse stuff ever.

I hope this leads to more Big Two work for Azz. I love him but his indie stuff hasn't really clicked with me as much. He's one of the few writers who I like more at the Big Two than on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I straight up hate that Zatanna. We go from a classy stage magician to a grimy street hustler ? Really ! Just make a new street level Magician. Yes I know its non canon, I still dont like it.
    Not the first time Zatanna has "masqueraded" as a street performer, I believe the same thing happened in Dini's 'Tec run (or was it Gotham City Sirens), although it was a tad more...tasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    I got to check out the readers’ proof (no dialogue) at my LCS. Let’s just say, there was more of Bruce Wayne than I ever expected to see in my life.
    Bat dick incoming

Amazing Member

Is it just me or does Batman in those panels look like Michael Keaton?

Fantastic Member

Wow, that artwork is nice! O_O

Can't wait for this creative team's inevitable Black Label follow-up to their LUTHOR graphic novel ... SUPERMAN: SAVED, as told by Lucifer Morningstar.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    From the solicit, they meet her in Gothams underground so her usual outfit would have been out of place.

Mighty Member

Just read it. I loved it and think it totally delivered on my super high expectations. If Damned ends up being as good as "Joker", "Broken City" and "Man of Steel" this team will become one of my absolute favorites.

Azz is perfect for Constantine. I think he's going to give him an antagonistic, sort of dickish vibe, which I prefer in John. And this is definitely the most dickish Batman we've seen (sorry, couldn't resist). I'm a big Zatanna fan and hope she gets lots of page time going forward.

BANNED

If Dawned is that intense, i can't wait to see what Miller has stored for his Superman Year One.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Bat dick incoming

Honestly this was the only reason I checked this out and they didn't scrimp. Wasn't worth the price though. Now can Dick Grayson get a Black Label book too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Bat dick incoming

You can put that away. Bruce is slingin' it...but I expected no less considering his reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Honestly this was the only reason I checked this out and they didn't scrimp. Wasn't worth the price though. Now can Dick Grayson get a Black Label book too.
    I was NOT disappointed.

I really liked the art too,...this was a very very very nice bonus...very nice. and I'm all for Dick Grayson black label.