Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Why go to the trouble of creating an "adult" label if you're just going to backtrack later on? Either stand by your decision or don't bother. Dr. Manhattan has had his dick out for over 30 years and it's considered a classic. Damned didn't show nearly as much as Watchmen did. This whole thing seems stupid.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    from the comment on Scott Snyder twitter when he talked about this

"I teach 4th grade. A kid heard about it on the news and asked me. ( I have a superhero themed classroom). It’s a big deal when 9 year olds are talking about it

Kids mom doesn’t want him to read Batman comics anymore. Kid friendly ones or otherwise. She clearly doesn’t understand it was aimed for adults but what do you expect. She’s just a concerned mom."
    It's so sad we're still not past some of this by now. You can't make any super-hero comics for adults even today because of the stigma that still exists that comics are just for kids. Some of this might have something to do with the fact that they don't really make kids comics anymore but what is the likelihood this mother was buying comics for her kid on a regular basis to begin with?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    that's what I'm wondering there could be something bigger coming in issues 2 & 3 this could just be the tip

it's censorship
    Bwahahahha

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It's so sad we're still not past some of this by now. You can't make any super-hero comics for adults even today because of the stigma that still exists that comics are just for kids. Some of this might have something to do with the fact that they don't really make kids comics anymore but what is the likelihood this mother was buying comics for her kid on a regular basis to begin with?
    We cant have nice things because people are soooo dumb. Journalists and moms esp.

Glad I didn’t wait for the trade , this was pretty good with DELUXE art.

Yeah the Azz talk grates i agree there. He loves having a character finish someone else line.

And its actually 2 comics worth for 7 bucks

Dc really should of had a company line like "Dc Black Label is a mature imprint designed for 18+ readers, as such its content features things like graphic violence and nudity, it is not however representative of the normal DC comics Batman"

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The vast majority of superhero comics in the last decade have been for adults.
    DC and Marvel have pushed the younger demographic out by continuously 'adultifying' the heroes because of modern writers' embarrassment of the genre.

And then they pull out 'but kids don't read comics'.
    But... what are they going to read if they did?
    Cartoonish animorphs regulated to a minor imprint that insults their intelligence?
    I had much better comic reading options when I was a kid.

The sad thing is is that the publicity gained for the comic, which reached outside the industry and into the general public, simply swaps one stigma for another.
    While there may possibly be some non-comics readers that still assume that 'all comics are just for kids', now you'll also have some assume that 'all comics aren't safe for kids'.

And she may have well been buying Batman comics for her kid.
    She may not have read comics in twenty or thirty years, and assumed they were still child-friendly.
    I remember when Grand Theft Auto caused an uproar because parents were buying it for their children ('because video games are for kids'), only to discover that they were indeed very adult-oriented and then demand refunds. I had the pleasure (sarcasm) of turning away many a parent when I working at Gamestop because the game had a "mature' tag on the front and we could only exchange new games for another copy of the same game if it had been opened.
    I got cussed at, yelled at and made to feel personally responsible for 'ruining' video games.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Already censoring the books a shame
    I guess we really can't get mature Batman comics without someone whining about it

This picture will never stop being funny.22C816FA-4C7A-44AA-9C20-CB8AC34C2C13.jpg
    Gory disembowlment? A-ok! But God forbid you show someone’s genitals or have them curse!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The gory disembowelment didn't make headlines because it happens to... who was it?
    When it happens to popular characters, like when Joker cut his face off, it got to Fox News.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh. We got a new one.

"In an interview with The Blast, Genital Autonomy America founder and director Marilyn Milos spoke out about the appearance of Bruce Wayne/Batman's penis not because of the nudity, but because he's circumcised with Milos comparing circumcision to child sex abuse."

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/23/...-rights-group/

By the way, I didn't google Batman's dick. I just have "Batman" in my feed and it's been dicks these past 3 days XD

Oh. We got a new one.

"In an interview with The Blast, Genital Autonomy America founder and director Marilyn Milos spoke out about the appearance of Bruce Wayne/Batman's penis not because of the nudity, but because he's circumcised with Milos comparing circumcision to child sex abuse."

By the way, I didn't google Batman's dick. I just have "Batman" in my feed and it's been dicks these past 3 days XD

Hilarious, so we have moms not wanting their kids to see penises, though most likely they‘ll see one using the restroom many times a day. Yes moms, your boys do might have one. At least it has been since the dawn of time, but who knows today.
    Now Bats was molested because he‘s circumcised? I can‘t fathom what people are capable of reading into a picture of a naked comicbook character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I definetly agree with you and i won't get the collected edition of any black label book, 'cause especially i hate censor.
    It's complete BS. Let people enjoy the art for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Good art. Not much story though. Gotta laugh at how Batman’s Batpole has overshadowed everything else.
    TBH it's the only thing we haven't seen before

BANNED

Oh. We got a new one.

Has she taken a look at the comic book? It's not for kids period. Even the writing is too sophisticated for a child. So I haven't a clue what they are complaining about. It's ridiculous that we can have cussing and violence but not nudity.

Spectacular Member

Honestly dick aside i agree with you guys: the art was great but there was really the need of a disembodied Costantine monologue trought almost all the book? I mean sometimes i went back and rearead some of it tp see if it was nrcessary to understand the story or if it was just random bubbling. Most of the time i ended up realizing it was the latter.

They did a good job with Deadman and Enchantress tought: really got the horror vibe with those two. I'm curious if Azzarello will use the witch redesign for when he'll take over SS.