Extraordinary Member

Default Looking for 'old' Megalodon movie

With the Meg hitting theaters I was thinking about older movies starring Big Tooth. There was one I remember seeing on TV as a kid that I can't seem to find now. I remember the main character's parents getting killed when he was young, a guy in a small sub counting out the meg's size as it passes, going up to 80 feet, and everyone dying in the end with the underwater station blowing up and the main character deciding to kill himself and the meg at the same time by piloting his mini-sub into it and blowing it up.

It's not 2002's Megalodon, though they do share many similarities.

Anyone know what the name of the film was?

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    With the Meg hitting theaters I was thinking about older movies starring Big Tooth. There was one I remember seeing on TV as a kid that I can't seem to find now. I remember the main character's parents getting killed when he was young, a guy in a small sub counting out the meg's size as it passes, going up to 80 feet, and everyone dying in the end with the underwater station blowing up and the main character deciding to kill himself and the meg at the same time by piloting his mini-sub into it and blowing it up.

It's not 2002's Megalodon, though they do share many similarities.

Anyone know what the name of the film was?
    There is a 2004 Megalodon movie as well, where one of the main characters blows up his small sub to kill himself and the Meg. Outside of that, does not ring any bells.

Extraordinary Member

Found it. It's called Shark Hunter from 2001.