Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Marvel currently hires some people who say some pretty gross things. One I can think of, is horribly racist, predjudiced, and anti-semitic. Yet, he still can have multiple series and nobody says a word on it.
    Names please.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Please keep him away from the Fantastic Four and X-Men. I appreciate what his run on the FF in the 80s did for the team, but that was then and this is now.

His comments on trans people were disgusting, plus we should always try and get new writers on books instead of constantly trying to relive the past. That leads to stagnation and say hypothetically he never left the FF. We'd never get amazing runs such as Waid/Wieringo's and Hickman's.

I'd much prefer Marvel to continue to look for new writers with fresh ideas and perspectives (and who aren't ignorant transphobes).
    Last edited by Crimz; 08-13-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    There’s a difference in writing about faux-politics and metaphors that anyone can project their ideology on (1960s-2000s X-Men) and explicit examples for the real world based your own views. And far from every writer puts their politics in their writing. That is only a recent development for people who aren’t very creatively with a few excetions like the Green Arrow/Green Lantern run, which was well-meaning (trying to represent common contrasting political views), but probably a mistake.
    Absence of politics is impossible.
    The X-Men O5 are all white, straight, and male, with one token female who is the weakest of the group. That is very political. You just don't recognise it as such because they're politics you like.

Did some digging online about this and so far nothing I have read so far has been outright "intentionally" disrespectful. For the most part he is posting John Bryne is posting his view on the subject matter. On an on-going discussion in general.

Does anyone have a link where he is outright trashing the trans community?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Did some digging online about this and so far nothing I have read so far has been outright "intentionally" disrespectful. For the most part he is posting John Bryne is posting his view on the subject matter.

Does anyone have a link where he is outright trashing the trans community?
    Sure...

https://www.themarysue.com/john-byrn...-trans-people/

When was the last time Byrne's art was watchable anyway? He has deteriorated immensely since the 90s.

Okay, listen up.

If you want to discuss how you feel about comments made by a creator? Do so, but be civil.

If you want to call a creator names? Don't. Creator bashing is a violation of forum rules.

Messages have been deleted and edited, and some folks are skating on the razor's edge. Tread carefully.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Sure...

When was the last time Byrne's art was watchable anyway? He has deteriorated immensely since the 90s.
    I don't agree with his opinions on Trans people but as for his art the pages in the X Section looked pretty darn fantastic.

Sure...

Thank you,

I'm curious as to where the full discourse is? The Marry Sue is incredibly one-side, it's sorta like Fox News in that way. Would like to know how the conversation got started and how it ended.

I'm also curious if Bryne may have had a change of heart since 2015 when the article is written......

The part about pedophila's was a harsh comparison. But again this is another article, from what little we got of it, that shows him having a respectful discussion. On a topic where the discussion is on-going. It been better for him to have been more neutral on the topic but he's human and that is what he believe's I guess.

If he put's out good work I'm still on board. Never believed in punishing hate with more hate. Have a better chances at open discussion and changing someones mind with love.

If anyone has anymore articles on this I would like to read them. Please DM me.

I also have to disagree. Granted I haven't read all his work the Namor and the X-Men stuff I have found is good.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 08-13-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member

JB used to be my one of my favorite artists back in the 70's and 80's. I think his work has declined(could be his age) but he has written some great comics for Marvel and outside the company. Would love to see him back again. I do agree he has said some outlandish stuff back in the day but would be happy to see him patch things and work for Marvel again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Thank you,

I'm curious as to where the full discourse is?
    On Byrnerobotics, his personal forum. There is a link to the thread in the article.

I'm also curious if Bryne may have had a change of heart since 2015 when the article is written...
    Not as of last month...

Astonishing Member

On Byrnerobotics, his personal forum. There is a link to the thread in the article.

Not as of last month...
    Skimmed it but I don't think he was malicious in any form.

Considering how continuity heavy Byrne's old work used to be, I wonder if he's been keeping up with Marvel's loose continuity in the last two decades, and how (and a big IF) he'll deal with modern stories (or if he'll just stick to out of regular continuity tales). If he DOES come back, of course.
    Also, how would people want to see him back at Marvel? Just writing? Just drawing? Writing and drawing?

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Considering how continuity heavy Byrne's old work used to be, I wonder if he's been keeping up with Marvel's loose continuity in the last two decades, and how (and a big IF) he'll deal with modern stories (or if he'll just stick to out of regular continuity tales). If he DOES come back, of course.
    Also, how would people want to see him back at Marvel? Just writing? Just drawing? Writing and drawing?

Peace
    Checking the box for both.

But writing is more of what I would like to see.

Peace
    Don't care as long as it's not the Fantastic Four.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Peace
    Checking the box for both.

But writing is more of what I would like to see.