Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I doubt it, the way I see it, Byrne is thinking of returning because the people who "wronged" him are no longer or so high-up that they won't be involved in anything he does
    I’m thinking it would be more about him mouthing off at some random subject on the internet.

Just wondering what has been Byrne's most recent work?

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Just wondering what has been Byrne's most recent work?
    IIRC, the photo-collage remix Star Trek comic he was putting out for IDW.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Hmm... this is rather conflicting stuff. On the one hand, I think he is a great writer. I mean, my favourite character She-Hulk would not be who she is today without him reinventing her. That said, his comments on Trans people are really disgusting. I would like to think his grown up a bit since then...
    His most recent transfobic excursion dates from just last month.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

They probably don't care about his transphobic rants because it never got mainstream coverage. Now if he says something stupid now and it gets the kind of coverage Ardian Syaf got last year? Or James Gunn got this year? Yeah, I can see Marvel doing something about it. A classic case of only acting when it reflects badly on the company.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    They probably don't care about his transphobic rants because it never got mainstream coverage. Now if he says something stupid now and it gets the kind of coverage Ardian Syaf got last year? Or James Gunn got this year? Yeah, I can see Marvel doing something about it. A classic case of only acting when it reflects badly on the company.
    James Gunn didn't even say something controversial this year. Those tweets were from ages ago before he worked for The Mouse. Byrne better thread very carefully and do nothing to piss of some alt-right nutter with a blog and an ax to grind.

Just curious if people really think this is really much to get excited about (if he is in fact "talking" to marvel).

Just because he's done great thing, doesn't mean he's got anything relevant to say NOW. What's he written or drawn that's been any good in the last several years? I dunno...just saying that for me, personally, (And I'm not basing any of this on anything he's said or done personally) he hasn't done much to excite me in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Besides another PR disaster in the making, you mean? Even aside from his bigoted commentary, as others have mentioned, Byrne's output over the past decade - from DC to IDW to private commissions - has not been that great. This looks like it'll be, at best, an "X-Men Forever" situation - a few rounds of disposable nostalgia that'll sink out of sight with the next news cycle. At worst, it'll be a garbage fire that won't surprise anyone.
    If Marvel is fine with Gail Simone on board Bryne will be a cake walk.

Just saying
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

Just saying
    Wait, whats wrong with Gail Simone?

Extraordinary Member

Just saying
    She doesn't mouth off NEARLY as much.

Give him a platform and in less 3 months he is gonna put his foot in it online.

The only reason you didn't hear about his latest rant was that he's kind of a has been now so many of his statements get ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    She doesn't mouth off NEARLY as much.

Give him a platform and in less 3 months he is gonna put his foot in it online.

The only reason you didn't hear about his latest rant was that he's kind of a has been now so many of his statements get ignored.
    And because, outside of the odd interview, he keeps almost 100% to his personal forum, and he keeps that pretty carefully weeded of people who disagree with him. He's got the good sense to stay off social media and doesn't have a huge audience, so a lot of his uglier statements do go under the radar.

Fantastic Member

You know, I'm looking forward to this! In the day age, where most writers stories are padded for trade maybe his writing might be the thing to reinvigorate Marvel. I would like to see him on Captain Marvel or one of the Avengers books. Maybe he can do an Iron Fist series or Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    Wait, whats wrong with Gail Simone?
    Nothing. She's opinionated, I guess.

There is for sure some bias going on. Gail Simone litteraly just got some hot water for placing a bulge on Plastic Man when he was possing as Harley Quinn along with some on page remarks he had. Her twitter feed is literally littered with post of her blantly insulting fans. Calling them idiots and the like. She also frequently post things to litterally stir up poop and then hides behind the veil when things get too hot.

It’s one thing to post on your personal website/blog and then being questioned and engaged by fans of whoever. But its a whole other thing to post in a public place and actively cause drama.

Both are on the same level on this one. Heck most writers place whatever views they have online and im sure to some they seem pretty awful to one person or another in todays world.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 08-14-2018 at 10:23 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

There is for sure some bias going on. Gail Simone litteraly just got some hot water for placing a bulge on Plastic Man when he was possing as Harley Quinn along with some on page remarks he had. Her twitter feed is literally littered with post of her blantly insulting fans. Calling them idiots and the like. She also frequently post things to litterally stir up poop and then hides behind the veil when things get too hot.

It’s one thing to post on your personal website/blog and then being questioned and engaged by fans of whoever. But its a whole other thing to post in a public place and actively cause drama.

Both are on the same level on this one. Heck most writers place whatever views they have online and im sure to some they seem pretty awful to one person or another in todays world.
    Browsing through her Twitter all I find is random stuff.