Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DC and Diana

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Ares isn't the only villain Diana has. And frankly, her killing Ares and him staying dead (unless the filmmakers get stupid and bring him back) means she's more successful than most comic book heroes.
    I believe Ares was more banished than killed. There were also some hints in the movie of Zeus and Hera still being around.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I believe Ares was more banished than killed. There were also some hints in the movie of Zeus and Hera still being around.
    I don't recall any hints to that? And I've seen the movie a ton of times. It seemed very clear Ares was dead by the end of it.

As for the comics, I'm not a big fan of Ares coming back so soon into GWW's run. But she does seem to be alluding to not everything being as it seems, so who knows. I prefer nice, naked Ares in a tree to straight-forward "rawr I'm an evil warrior" Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I don't recall any hints to that? And I've seen the movie a ton of times. It seemed very clear Ares was dead by the end of it.
    The peacocks (symbol for Hera) in the background when young Diana and Antiope spar; there are some animals in the background right after Steve's plane crashes that I don't think were there when Diana first arrived on the cliff; most importantly the bull (symbol for Zeus) that Diana meets just before she sets out to jump the canyon in front of the tower of the armoury.

I'm fairly certain that a really close watch could show some more of the animals associated with the Olympian gods in the movie.

Their physical avatars might be dead but “echoes” of them might still exist. I don’t know, but I’d prefer them to all be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's weird, I feel exactly the opposite is true. Doctor Poison in the Wonder Woman film was a generic cartoon villain, every version I've read from the comics had a lot more depth. Warner hasn't shown the Wonder Woman mythos much respect, hence all the changes that were made.
    That's because DC and WB have no faith in Wonder Woman.