Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Katy Perry - "Extra Terrestrial" (original version, NOT the Kanye West remix) - always makes me think of Lois Lane and her thoughts on Superman.

Kanye West - "Power" - 100% Lex Luthor's theme music.

Spin Doctors - "Jimmy Olsen's Blues" (aka "Pocketful of Kryptonite") - not so much Jimmy Olsen per se, but anyone in Metropolis who fancies Lois but knows about her and Superman being close.

Five For Fighting - "Superman (It's Not Easy)" - honestly, this is how I imagine SMALLVILLE future Superman's thought process.

Newcleus - "Jam On It" - an old school hip-hop classic from 1984, the back half of the song is literally about challenging Superman to a beat-boxing contest. It's hilarious.

Was thinking about this earlier, and the Baywatch theme tune popped into my head...

Some people stand in the darkness
    Afraid to step into the light,
    Some people need to have somebody
    When the edge of surrender insight,

Don't you worry, it's gonna be alright
    'Cause I'm always ready,
    I wont let you out of my sight

I'll be there,
    I'll be ready,
    Never your fear,
    Now don't you fear,
    I'll be there,
    Forever and always, I'm always here!

BANNED

Every time I hear this theme now, I immediately think of the intro to "Baywatching" and am in stitches for twenty minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Every time I hear this theme now, I immediately think of the intro to "Baywatching" and am in stitches for twenty minutes
    Oh, totally. I have the slow-run sequence in my head right now, but it still has a Superman-thing to it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Oh, totally. I have the slow-run sequence in my head right now, but it still has a Superman-thing to it
    I was talking more about the review series "Baywatching" on Youtube, not "Baywatch", it uses the same theme, but it's set to clips of the show's most insane moments.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

A song that make me think of DCEU Superman...

"Hello darkness, my old friend. I've come to talk with you again. Because a vision softly creeping. Left its seeds while I was sleeping..."

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I was talking more about the review series "Baywatching" on Youtube, not "Baywatch", it uses the same theme, but it's set to clips of the show's most insane moments.
    Ohhh...

Never seen or heard of that.

Might check it out sometime.

Anything in there about the Street Fighter II episode?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Ohhh...

Never seen or heard of that.

Might check it out sometime.

Anything in there about the Street Fighter II episode?

Retired

Simon and Garfunkel's "The Sound of Silence" is wonderful--but I hate the way it's become a meme used against celebrities like Ben Affleck. You only hear a small portion of the song when it's used this way (don't want to pay ASCAP?) and that robs the song of its full power. I don't find it depressing but rather a call to the people to get out of their bubbles and communicate honestly. Paul Simon's songs revel in the beauty of the everyday and you can hear that in this song--"Narrow streets of cobblestone, 'neath the halo of a street lamp, I turned my collar to the cold and damp when my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light . . . 'The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls.'"

Thanks for the link, Miles to Go...

Although now the channel keeps popping up on my recommendations on YouTube

Pretty much any of the dozens of songs with Superman references make me think of Superman. That's the positive.

On the negative end, when I think about how bad Superman utilization can be these days...

I'll never forgive those soft-ass bands 3 Doors Down and Five For Fighting for those two crap songs. Superman deserves better.

Got fond memories though of Pocket Full of Kryptonite.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 10-19-2018 at 11:23 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Starship Trooper by Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'll never forgive those soft-ass bands 3 Doors Down and Five For Fighting for those two crap songs. Superman deserves better.
    Five for Fighting's song came out around the time Smallville did, so I always associated those two. Of course, they both had quite angsty takes on the Superman mythos, so there's that, too. Obviously not a fan of either. I don't think I know many of the lyrics for the 3 Doors Down song, but I do vaguely recall the various Superman references in it, and that's all I recall.

But even if the song is one I like or not, I do get some satisfaction in seeing so many Superman references in music, and pop culture in general.

You guys seen this music video w/ Coldplay? I loved it, very creative. I didn't know it was so much about Superman. They mention Spiderman and Batman but it's Superman who gets the most love. and it has over 1 billion views.