Default The Hulk and The Flash vs. Superman

The embodiment of pure strength and the embodiment of pure speed team up against the embodiment of both.

Most recent main comic book versions of

Round 1: Bruce Banner Hulk and Barry Allen Flash versus Clark Kent Superman.

Round 2: Banner and Allen merge into a hybrid Flash-Hulk called The Smash (with combined abilities of both) to take on Superman

Standard Rumbles settings.

Who wins?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 08-14-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    The embodiment of pure strength and the embodiment of pure speed team up against the embodiment of both.

Most recent main comic book versions of

Round 1: Bruce Banner Hulk and Barry Allen Flash versus Clark Kent Superman.

Round 2: Banner and Allen merge into a hybrid Flash-Hulk / Hulk-Flash / Weapon F / Flulk / Hash (with combined abilities of both) to take on Superman

Standard Rumbles settings.

Who wins?
    1. Assuming Barry can still speed-steal, this is a stomp.

2. See above, only more so.

BANNED

I sometimes wonder why speed steal is the go to tactic for everyone to say flashes stomp in rumbles when the vibrating hand seems more lethal or wally could explode opponents by vibrating through them or speeding up their molecules.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I sometimes wonder why speed steal is the go to tactic for everyone to say flashes stomp in rumbles when the vibrating hand seems more lethal or wally could explode opponents by vibrating through them or speeding up their molecules.
    Because a successful speed steal lets the flash and/or whoever else is teamed up with the flash attempt to execute practically any other strategy (including but not limited to the ones you've mentioned) with absolute impunity and safety.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Duplication Redacted
    Last edited by Noldere; 08-14-2018 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Double Post
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    1. Assuming Barry can still speed-steal, this is a stomp.

2. See above, only more so.
    No interest in stomps, so let's assume Barry no longer can speed-steal. Still a stomp in round 1 and / or 2?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Barry is still faster than Clark. Not as big a gap there as they had in post crisis but the gap exists. He should be able to close and use one of the aforementioned vibration tricks before Clark can react, I think.

Round 2: Banner and Allen merge into a hybrid Flash-Hulk / Hulk-Flash / Weapon F / Flulk / Hash (with combined abilities of both) to take on Superman
    Sorry, but the super speedy green guy's name should obviously be The Smash.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

To elaborate on the above a little more. Barry has demonstrated rather sophisticated phasing. He's phased an entire passenger jet through a bridge. He's also phased an unwilling Kryptonian through a wall. I feel pretty strongly he should be capable of phasing the brain out of Superman's head.

So the question is whether or not Barry can get into range to do that before Clark can take off. If Clark can get air born he should be able to just outlast Barry and fry him with AoE stuff when Barry gets too tired to phase. Hulk is a statue for both of them and frankly might as well not be there.

As to Clark and Barry's speed compares, as I mentioned Barry is faster, but Clark isn't a statue to him, and has even landed hits. I'll let you guys decide based on the evidence.

Flash vs Superman, Justice League Volume 1.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f2/1c...c0ef5b4447.jpg
    https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...75152ececcad06

Different issue from the same story, Darkseid's Omega Beams have locked onto Superman and Flash. Flash manages to stay ahead of them and uses that phasing to make them strike something else, despite being on foot and having to deal with terrain. Superman tries to outfly them and fails. (He gets hit and one shotted on the next page.) But note that this was the first time Barry ran hard enough to be winded.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/70/a6...cb926f0a53.jpg
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/fc/cf...0c5be75a71.jpg

Supergirl struggling to keep up with Flash in a fight. Note that Barry was panting on his hands and knees from the evidently arduous task of phasing through the advanced materials of the Fortress of Solitude when Kara ambushed him.

https://encrypted-tbn0.************/...n7t7K6aeQv72Ch
    https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpres...?w=1242&h=1898

Stuff to note from that last fight. Barry opens with an arm cyclone that disorients Kara, which will probably work on Clark as he closes. Kara also notes Barry seems to be holding back. She manages to grab him and knees him in the face, but Barry vibrates at the last second and only gets a bloody nose instead of an exploded skull. He also bull rushes her and vibrates them both through a wall.

So, I lean towards Barry managing to disorient Clark long enough to close and organ pull. But mileage may vary.

I heavily lean towards the Hulk/Flash fusion winning though. Hulk Jumps + Hulk Strength + Superior speed is a bad time for Clark. His best shot is to try and judo flip the fusion into space somehow, as the fusion still lacks the ability to return from that.

Are those scans all from New52? How does the current merged Reborn Superman do as far as speed feats?

And going back to the speed- stealing for a sec, does it also work on beings who are just as fast or faster than the Flash? Like Pre-COIE Supes?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 08-14-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Sorry, but the super speedy green guy's name should obviously be The Smash.
    1000000% co-sign! Retroactively changing my posts to this superior hybrid name immediately.