Default Nintendo Entertainment System

I got the NES classic a few weeks ago and it's all I've been doing is playing this thing. Anyone play it growing up or still play it to this day? I prefer these types of games to newer ones.

Any favorites?
    Mario trilogy
    The Legend of Zelda
    Castlevania
    Castlevania II (III is good. I beat it but it's too hard to ever play again)
    Double Dragon
    Metroid
    Dr. Mario
    Tetris
    Final Fantasy
    Batman

Some favorites that maybe aren't classics?
    Rygar
    Tiny Toons Adventure
    POW Prisoners of War
    Rollergames

Some classics that maybe you don't like or never got into?
    Zelda II (I actually think this is a great game if they lowered the difficulty a little. Personally I think it's one of the most difficult NES games. I beat the Castlevania trilogy and I can't even get through Death Mountain haha)
    Contra (Another game I think is a classic but I'm really bad at it. Understand it's great but I just stink.)

Games that stink but you like them?
    Friday the 13th

Games you've never played but really want to?
    Adventure Island series
    Megaman series (I've played some but I'm not an expert... or very good)
    Dragon Warrior
    Ducktales
    Mother (I'm assuming there are english carts that exist. Or I'll find a rom )
    Startropics

If you like DuckTales then you really can't go wrong with any of the Disney NES games. Chip n Dale and Darkwing Duck were both fantastic. DuckTales 2 and Chip n Dale 2 are both solid as well but (in my opinion) that much different than their originals that justify the huge prices both go for. If you have an X-Box One/PS4/Steam they have a collection of all of them on there as the "Disney Afternoon Collection."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid Is View Post
    Mother (I'm assuming there are english carts that exist. Or I'll find a rom )
    There are physical carts out there but they're repros. The game never got an official English physical copy in the states. The only official release of it is on the Wii U virtual console.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

There is a number of games I have for NES that I love playing. Comically a couple I got as a kid are on the AVGN now as terrible games .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    There is a number of games I have for NES that I love playing. Comically a couple I got as a kid are on the AVGN now as terrible games .
    I love the nerd but some I agree with and some I disagree. I think Simon's Quest is pretty great. I understand Fester's Quest has a big following (its Sunsoft after all) but I'm not a fan of that game at all.

Deadly Towers was a game I hated but he never made a real episode about it.