Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Batman #53 Preview

https://www.inverse.com/article/4803...lusive-preview

Batman Reveals His Abandoned Faith in 'Batman' #53 Exclusive Preview

BANNED

I abandoned all faith in this after #50

Didn't we have a whole thread debating Batman's religious preferences a while back ?

Classic King, what took him a whole issue, could have been done in about 4 pages.
    Last edited by SixSpeedSamurai; 08-14-2018 at 06:52 PM.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Hmmm, Bruce always struck me as more of a Nathaniel Emmons Congregationalist.

Astonishing Member

I thought Bruce was just rambling until he pointed out that people naturally assume Batman is right because, well, he is Batman. Thank goodness it had a point in the end. He is larger than life. He has saved Gotham and the lives of all the jurors. But in the end he isn't god. He is just human and is prone to mistakes. I pretty much guessed what was going on from #51. However I was expecting a curve ball. Sad that we didn't get that. In the end it wasn't too bad. Although this could have easily been a two part story.

But, hey, I got three issues of Lee Weeks art.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 08-15-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Anyone else cringe at the trunks scene? Hope this era with the trunks being on superman and batman end soon

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Anyone else cringe at the trunks scene? Hope this era with the trunks being on superman and batman end soon
    I cringed more at the reasons for the trunks being back on...at least with Clark, abandoning them at least contributed to helping a loved one. Bruce is only doing it to spite a loved one.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I cringed more at the reasons for the trunks being back on...at least with Clark, abandoning them at least contributed to helping a loved one. Bruce is only doing it to spite a loved one.
    The reason makes even less sense since it's the suit he wore during Hush, which is pretty famous for being a batcat story.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Nah. I don’t cringe at amazing art and Batman looking perfect for the first time in 7 years.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Double post.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

What with the St. Augustine in #48, and Job here, there's a lot of Christian stuff in Batman recently. I really loved the use of Job at the end of this issue - a perfect quote of desolation. And I'm really wondering if Lee Weeks' religion contributed to King's choices for this arc.

Whatever the case, though the mystery wasn't as solved as I'd hoped, I think it's reasonably satisfying, and the art is really gorgeous. I hope that Weeks and Breitweiser can come back for another arc when the regular teams of Daniel/Florea and Janin/Chung need another break, as I personally prefer their work.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member

Sill no dickbats

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    He’s not doing it out of spite. He’s doing it because he’s hurt. It’s rhe equivalent of throwing out pictures of your ex around the house because it hurts to be reminded of them. Not because he wants to “spite” Selina.

Bruce is taking his first steps towards healing. Going back to the original suit is like shedding his skin, so to speak, and as he says “remembering who he is.”

Anyway, I really loved this arc. The art is so nice, and I thought it was an interesting way to examine Bruce’s mental state after the marriage didn’t go through. I definitely didn’t expect a jury duty story after #50, but I enjoyed it for being unexpected AND good.

Other than the classic costume with the trunks coming back (which is great), this was terrible.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!