Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Batman and the Outsiders in December

So, a release date has finally been revealed. This book, teased for quite some time now, will be out in December : https://twitter.com/dyfl/status/1032318499211730944

Dexter Soy on the art will kill it. I loved him in RHatO, I hope he'll also bring is A game here !

Cover by Kirkham.

Default Batman and the Outsiders Is Official

Love it!!!

Very excited for this series. Bryan Hill is killing it right now. Awesome cover, too.
    Last edited by Iconic; 08-22-2018 at 12:02 PM.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Awesome. I was just wondering when this would come out and I was also wondering what Dexter Soy's next project was. This answers both questions rather neatly. I really hope that Veronica Gandini (colorist) and Taylor Esposito(letterer)are also on this project. Their work on RHATO was exceptional as well.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-22-2018 at 11:34 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I appreciate them not going back to the exact team make-up as before. Its good to have fresh lineups that allow newer characters to develop.

I just looked up Dexter Soy's art...WOW.
    Last edited by Iconic; 08-22-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Good for Bryan Hill liked his writing in Detective Comics and Dexter Soy art is really good but too bad I'm not invested in this lineup.

I am too ready for this! Between this and Static, DC's winter/fall releases are looking pretty fucking awesome for me.

I'll almost certainly check this out - the only one in the lineup that doesn't interest me is Signal, but there's always room for improvement. I prefer Katana's look in 'Tec with more red, but that's a small quibble. Also, does BL have to have the same hair as John Stewart?

Hard pass for me. This really just feels like the Batman Family also starring Black Lightning and Katana. I'd rather have a broader membership that pulls in different, unique characters from all across the DCU vs. the Bat-verse regulars.

Pass for me too. I like Soy's art, but the outsiders arc in Tec was too boring for me to get interested.
    Last edited by Rise; 08-22-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

I was really excited for this, until I realized it's the same writer who wrote this detective comics arc, which I'm not a fan at all on how he treated signal. I'll still be picking this up, but it's definitely more the art and characters than the writer for sure.

All I have to say is finally
    DC has been sitting on this book for like a good 7 years now

Mighty Member

Meh. I love Hill but this is a pass for me. I was really hoping Black Lightning would take the lead. But of course we get 'Batman and his B***hes'

No Halo, Geo-Force or Looker? It feels good to save money. I hope you guys enjoy yet another Bat title.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I was really hoping Black Lightning would take the lead. But of course we get 'Batman and his B***hes'
    Yeah, kinda hope it's "Batman" and the Outsiders where he maybe shows up for one panel to give some briefing while Jefferson takes the lead on the mission.

They should call this iteration "Bruce Wayne's Outsiders", have Jefferson leading it, but Wayne's voice speaks to them through a speaker giving them their missions at the beginning of each arc.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Very excited for this - the team is full of awesome characters, and I've really enjoyed this "backdoor pilot" for the series.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord