Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I read the complete series for the first time last year and with the exception of Waid’s Flash, which I read when as they were released, I’ve never had a comic reading experience that moved me as much as Starman did. It is a beautiful, well thought out, and great read. I’m in the middle of re-reading and In my opinion it still holds up well.......with the exception of many of Jack’s references of course However, I think it adds to the experience as Jack lives in the past anyway!
    It would have been nice if there was a section to discuss comics in general without it picking a DC or Marvel section. I'm sure that there are folks who would pick the Miller Daredevils in the top 20, or Captain Marvel

It is funny, in that I would have a listing not too similar
    If I was too make one for personal reasons and one. I
    Would offer to some one new to comics ��

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    It is funny, in that I would have a listing not too similar
    If I was too make one for personal reasons and one. I
    Would offer to some one new to comics ��

I tried not to make it just a list but to give the reason why each title or run was particularly worth listing. The read should be interesting in of itself, although god knows I am a horrendous writer.
    Last edited by mrbrklyn; 08-19-2018 at 06:17 PM.

It’s an interesting list, for sure. Some understandable choices, some surprising ommissions, and some unexpected picks. That’s probably best.

I have to agree with others who’ve mentioned Starman. It’s a great book. I’d also add Robinson’s prior book for DC along with Paul Smith, The Golden Age. That’s a fantastic series.

Props on the Planetary love....probably my personal favorite. Nice to see the old Valiant comics mentioned, too.

American Flagg is a book I’ve never properly read in its entirety...I have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    It would have been nice if there was a section to discuss comics in general without it picking a DC or Marvel section. I'm sure that there are folks who would pick the Miller Daredevils in the top 20, or Captain Marvel
    That would be the Community board - that said, I've often thought it would be good if the Community board was strictly for non-comics subjects and there was a similar board for the general comics discussions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    That would be the Community board - that said, I've often thought it would be good if the Community board was strictly for non-comics subjects and there was a similar board for the general comics discussions.
    yes that is how I would do it. When I post to the community board it seems to get burried

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    It’s an interesting list, for sure. Some understandable choices, some surprising ommissions, and some unexpected picks. That’s probably best.

I have to agree with others who’ve mentioned Starman. It’s a great book. I’d also add Robinson’s prior book for DC along with Paul Smith, The Golden Age. That’s a fantastic series.

Props on the Planetary love....probably my personal favorite. Nice to see the old Valiant comics mentioned, too.

American Flagg is a book I’ve never properly read in its entirety...I have to do that.

A lot of people are rallying around the Robinson Starman run and I will be rereading it this week. When you try to put a list like this together, you have to try to fight the propensity that you have to load it with books from your own childhood. I think I would have liked to have explored the Platinum era of comics to see if anything would show up. Of course, McCay's Nemo in Slumberland is a world class work for art and It nearly made my list. It is hard for us today, to understand the fame and fortune that Windsor had during his lifetime. Comic artists where the superstars of their day when there was few movies and no TV yet. And he was a technophile - a Renaissance man. He would do anything to produce a psychedelic theme

BANNED

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

The one I wish I really included was GL Mosiac.
    It was an honorable mention

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It was an honorable mention
    I know!! I just couldn't squeeze it in. I was making the list and trying to bump one of the others off the top 20 and I just couldn't squeeze it into the top 20. I wanted to also bring it some attention since it gets no love. It will get even less love now that Jones has been locked up.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    That would be the Community board -
    That community section is a bad choice because it is not in the comics section, which is what we were saying before. Somone moved us there now, though, so that about kills any chance the thread will be seen again by anyone insterested in comics. It will be flooded out with discussions on the bible, president trump and racial politics.

That's an unfortunate post.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That's an unfortunate post.
    It is a great post that shows one of the great books ever produced in Comics, regardless of Jones guilt and jail sentence. It was a great series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt5p...for%20everyone