Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What would the Multiversal counterpart be?
    I meant its like Lex Luthor being like the Dark Knights and getting each member of the Justice League's powers

I had mentioned this on another thread, but I'll throw it out here too.

Abin Sur crashes on Paradise Island and Diana becomes the first Green Lantern of Earth.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    What if Lois Lane was Earth's Green Lantern instead of Hal Jordan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    On the one hand I love Lois and would love more Elseworlds. On the other, I'd prefer something more mystery focused for the world's greatest investigative reporter than cosmic space opera. The Question, Huntress, other street levelers, or maybe something a bit more occult like the Spectre could be good. Just focus on a mystery for her to investigate.
    How about Lois Lane as Deadwoman, possessing others to hunt down the mysterious man that pushed out a window the one time that Superman wasn't close enough to make the catch?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    I meant its like Lex Luthor being like the Dark Knights and getting each member of the Justice League's powers
    I’m not sure that’s really what I’d go for with that story. It could work, but I was thinking more along the lines of Superboys first stories and how Apex just keeps going and going even though creating these clones might be doing more harm than good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I’m not sure that’s really what I’d go for with that story. It could work, but I was thinking more along the lines of Superboys first stories and how Apex just keeps going and going even though creating these clones might be doing more harm than good.
    I see the Lex/Batman clone being some super genius who tries to take over both of their companies and a threat to both the JL and Legion of Doom, maybe he wears a white bat costume with maybe red eyes like an albino bat

If I were doing it, I’d have the first one be Lex and Martian Manhunter, just to test the waters and see where we could go with the concept.

An Elseworld in which Power Girl is transported to a universe where she is the only Kryptonian.

Another in which there is no Supergirl and Karen only meets Clark.

A Donna Troy story in which she is Filipina and has a connection to the Tagalog Goddess of Stars, Tala.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Post a concept for an Elseworlds story.

For those who do not know, Elseworlds was an imprint of DC Comics dedicated to alternate scenarios featuring well known DC characters. For example Mark Millar's Superman: Red Son begged the question: "What if baby Kal El's rocket landed in The Soviet Union instead of Kansas?"

It can be drenched in detail or a mere sentence long.

Also feel inclined to list creators you would want to tell such a story.

My idea for an Elseworlds type tale would detail an alternate reality where instead of the concept of the superhero essentially becoming prevalent in the 40s with the JSA, as it was with Post Crisis continuity, superheroes always existed since humanity began. What if there were superheroes in Ancient Rome? What if there were superheroes in Medieval Times? How would this affect the modern DC Universe as we know it?
    What if Kara Zor El's spaceship crashed on Thermiscara and she was raised by Queen Hypolita to be Wonder Woman? What kind of "Wonder Woman" would Kara be? What time period should we put the Kara Zor El Wonder Woman in? What would her relationship with Steve Trevor be like?

What if B'wana Beast joined his family's business?

Spectacular Member

What if we combined Harry Turtledoves Southern Supreamacy Series, otherwise known as Timeline 191 with the DC Comic book Universe? Jake Featherstone is the President, and dictator, of the Confederate States of America and he launches an invasion of the United States in the 1940s into Ohio led by Confederate General George S. Patton, the purpose of which is to cut the United States in two. Now throw into this the DC superheroes and villains, what sides do they take in this quasi-World War II on American soil?

I would suggest you Google the Wikipedia entry on the Southern Supremacy series to get better background information, but basically the Confederate States won the Civil War and their independence in 1862 when Lee's 191 order wasn't discovered by Federal troops, so throw DC characters into this background and what happens? Who sides with the South and who with the North? What of the various DC places, Smallville, Metropolis, Gotham City, where are they and on what side are they on in this alternate universe. Smallville, if its in Kansas, would be on Confederate territory, Midvale, if its in Illinois would be in United States territory. What superheroes and villains would be located where and on what side would they be on?

Maybe we can replace Jake Featherstone with Lex Luthor, now that would be interesting with him as President and dictator of the CSA, just to raise the stakes a little bit.
    Last edited by Tom Kalbfus; 01-21-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Bruce Wayne's parents were killed when he was a little boy. He's sworn to dedicate the rest of his life to justice. Now that he's just finished highschool, he feels he can really prepare for the journey ahead of him ... and then he gets drafted into the Vietnam War.

"Long ago in a distant land, I, Ares, the Greek God of war unleashed an unspeakable carnage. But a foolish Amazon warrior wielding a magic lasso stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck I tore upon a portal in time and flung her into the future where my evil is law! Now the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Ares!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Bruce Wayne's parents were killed when he was a little boy. He's sworn to dedicate the rest of his life to justice. Now that he's just finished highschool, he feels he can really prepare for the journey ahead of him ... and then he gets drafted into the Vietnam War.

He is millionaire. He just would had gone to Canada to keep his training on.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

If I were to pitch an elseworld story of sorts it'd be a sequel to the Earth 2/Earth 2 Society books. They ended the run with pratically a clean slate. I think it'd be intresting to see where that could take us.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    -While coming out of the movies, Baby Kal El's rocket lands on Bruce Wayne's parents!
    Or alternatively, baby Superman's rocket lands on The Queen's Gambit, killing Green Arrow's father and stranding them both on Lian Yu.